TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Part 1

Part 2

The old topic was bigger than a rancor and just as deadly - don't ask me how, I'm not a scientist. Here's a new one, complete with questions so that ya'll don't need to ask them daily just in case the answer has changed.

Look, it's our website!

Much is repeated from our official FAQ.

Q: Do I have to read this thread's FAQ before posting? Because I'm sure I can post something that isn't covered in it.

A: Yes.

Q: When will this mod be done?

A: We don't have a projected time of completion yet. However, rest assured that we will keep you updated on our progress. You can check our Work In Progress page for details on what we're currently up to. What we're up to, module-related. We're not giving details on what we do every single hour of the day, and seriously, quit talking about your pet moths, it's creepy.

Q: I see a build version listed on the website. Where can I download it?

A: We haven't released a public version of the mod yet. This number serves to help track our progress - we have one beta tester who is working with us right now. The downloadable version will be announced when finished.

Q: Will you add ____ ?!

A: Our focus is on restoring the missing content that Obsidian Entertainment originally intended for the game. We will add content as we see necessary to make the plot work, but we are not adding random new sub-plots.

We will be revealing more details about our restoration efforts in future progress reports, but if you would like to know whether or not we already have plans to work on a specific restoration, feel free to ask us in our forums.

Q: Yeah, but will you add difficulty tweaks? Or new items?

A: No.

Q: Are you fixing game bugs?

A: We have found and fixed a few dialogue and scripting related bugs. Check it out. The "tweaks" will not be included in the mod, but the bug fixes will.

Q: Will your mod work with existing savegames?

A: Probably. We recommend starting over totally or, at the latest, before leaving Peragus just to avoid any potential weirdness. Even if your saved game from later doesn't end up buggy, you're going to miss additional content - the earliest of it appears quite soon after Peragus explodes.

Really, just start over. Maybe we put in an easter egg with Sion playing with kittens and you'll never see it if you don't start a new game.

Q: I have the XBox version of the game and a (legally) modded XBox - will your mod work on it?

A: At this point we're unsure. There are reports that new model files (.mdl's) - which the mod will likely contain - do not work on the XBox. After our work is completed we may look into creating a more fully compatible version for the XBox.

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Oh, but hey, you might want to check out the group that IS working on M4-78.

Q: How can I help? Can I join the team?

A: At this time, we don't need any additional help. If we have any future needs, we'll make an announcement. Thanks for the interest. But seriously, moths.

Q: Pleaaaaaaaaase can I help?

A: Okay, okay. We're looking for beta testers. Check out the long list of requirements here. In short:

BE: Literate. Articulate. Able to take screenshots. Uh... having lots of free time.

DON'T BE: A jerk.

Q: I feel like bashing LucasArts. This is the right thread for it, right?

A: No.

Q: I'm looking forward to your mod still.

A: Thanks!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

To sum up: 25 issues still on the board. Two are minor. Seven are tweaks. Three are trivial. Thirteen are feature issues.

And for Gods sweet sake, if you can't say something nice, go post somewhere else.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thank You!!!

Now, back to the topic at hand...

um...

ah...

How 'bout that local mod team? :thumbsup:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Why the **** there's most awesome Drama going on when I'm off? D'oh! :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

oh YES :bat:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Its good to see the issues going down and not having tempers rise.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

oh of course hahaha. poor me not being able to download anything with my xboz, i have like 100000

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Awesome!

Shall we buy a new guitar

Shall we drive a more powerful car

Shall we work straight through the night

Shall we get into fights

Leave the lights on

Drop bombs

Do tours of the east

Contract disease

Bury bones

Break up homes

Send flowers by phone

Take to drink

Go to shrinks

Give up meat

Rarely sleep

Keep people as pets

Train dogs

Race rats

Fill the attic with cash

Bury treasure

Store up leisure

But never relax at all

With our backs to the wall

See, Pink Floyd answers even to this question: What should Team Gizka do now! :o

Edited by Xard

Holy ****! :o

Team Gizka is luv <3<3<3<3