slight confusion?

is there any info or can anyone suspect how the true sith ---- that revan leaves to fight earlier and the exile leaves to fight in 3951 (accuracy?)BBY ---- are linked to the sith of the times during the movies like sidious, am i looking in the wrong places or perhaps i havent really looked to hard

but does anyone know?

edit: as i proofread this im realizing that im basically asking whats going on after kotor2, which is yet to be decided by whoever is making kotor 3(if) and who the true sith are..so maybe there isnt much sense in this question, i dont know any info would be cool

if i have to search the damned EU, its not worth it for me lol, though i dont know how linked together the EU is to video game relevance...i have little knowledge of the star wars universe compared to some

Edited by Trayus

The 'true' Sith were a species in their own right-going off memory they had red skin and facial tentacles but were otherwise humanoid. The 'True' Sith as a species interbred with humans who settled on Korriban to the extent of becoming extinct....Which is where things get murky. It has been stated as cannon that the True Sith were extinct by Revans time (This is mentioned on one of the loading screens for K1, and I think it is mentioned again on a loading sceen in K2), which seems to contradict what Kreia told the Exile.

Or does it?

I'm not 100% clear on this, since its been a while since I played K2 and I'm not about to start a game just to check this, but I seem to recall that Kreia never said that Revan was fighting the true sith, but fighting the true threat. I do remember that she did state that the teachings of the sith did not come from Korriban, which might be where the confusion started.

The Sith of Revans time (and earlier-at least from the time of Exar-Kun) were Sith only in that they were following the tradition's and ideology of the Sith species, and the same holds up until Palpatines day.

What the Sith were up to in the 3000 years after Revan is, I think, more or less unknown. What is known is that 1000 years before the Films a Sith Lord called Darth Bane set up the rule of two-meaning that from that point on there would only be two Sith Lords, one the master and one the apprentice-This had been done before with Revan and Malak, the difference being that Bane meant two Sith period, he killed all the other Sith in such a way that the Jedi thought the Sith had wiped themselves out, then hid. For the next 1000 years the Sith continued to hide and follow the rule of two until Palpatine destroyed the Jedi order.

If you want more just look on Wilkipedia-type in Starwars and look at the links towards the bottom of the page, Wilki has an entire section just for Starwars.

I agree with Darth Mortis. I'm not sure they're going to fight the True Sith, either.

But to give a little background Mortis doesn't touch on:

Jedi practicing the dark side of the force were long ago banished from the Jedi order. Eventually they settled upon Korriban (correct me if I'm wrong), which was the home of the true Sith, a seperate species. The Dark Jedi and the native Sith interbred over time and the descendents, humanoid dark side practicioners, became known as Sith.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

there were species like the massassi that were still alive during like the sith wars. they were descendants from the tru sith. but they were on yavin 4 so i dont know how they got there

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

The "True Sith" could be more of an ideology so to speak. There's the "True Sith" and there's the "wannabe Sith"

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

it is said in wookie-pedia that revan left to fight the true "sith"

"A year after the defeat of Malak and the collapse of the Sith Empire, Revan left the Republic, having remembered the remnants of the ancient "True Sith"

and that darth bane founded his 1 master 1 apprentice sith teachings from a revan holocron on rakata prime(lehon) in the temple of the ancients, and from there up to darth sidious it is like this

so perhaps revan left to fight the true sith...and not the ones practicing their teachings

Edited by Trayus

there were species like the massassi that were still alive during like the sith wars. they were descendants from the tru sith. but they were on yavin 4 so i dont know how they got there

Massassi were slaves and a different species, not 'true' Sith. There were species-such as the Krath-that were allies of the Sith but not related to them in anything other than ideology. I *Think* the massassi were native to Yavin IV, but Exar Kun used them as slave labour to build all the pyramids. When the Jedi managed to track Kurn's base on Yavin IV down Kurn used the life force of all the Massassi on the planet (moon) in an attempt to fight off the entire Jedi order. Since all the Massassi were killed by this, I would take this fact as a sign that the Massassi were native to Yavin IV, and not brought in from another world-If Kurn could transplant the entire population of a world to another world so quickly he wouldn't have needed to.

it is said in wookie-pedia that revan left to fight the true "sith"

Be wary of taking Wilki as the obsolute truth on anything-Like I said before I think someone confused Kreia saying that the True Sith teachings were not from Korriban, and that was what Revan had gone off to face. I don't think at any point it is said what exactly Revan was fighting, and considering that it would limit the story line of (A potential) KOTOR 3 I can't see why they would state Revan was going to face the True Sith, just in case someone came up with a better idea.

I do think that it is religious Zealots are the True Sith. And they have a dark empire on the fringe.

Ludo Kresseh's Armies disappear after the defeat of Naga Sadow into the Unknown and I do think that these decendants of the Ludo Kresseh's armies are the current True Sith.