Ok, I started the game again from square one

I decided to give myself a challange and started the game over again since in my first effort, I had reached the point of no return on Nar Shaddah and didn't have the right items.

Right now I'm at the Restoration sight on Telos and I'm just about to fight the two escaped criminals. ;)

One thing I'm noticing about being a Consular, is the loot isn't too plentiful. I'm having a problem making the things I need because there isn't much comming my way. Lot's of XP but no loot.

My first question is: what items are the cheapest to buy with the most bang for the buck as far as breaking them down to make Advanced Medpacks and such. I'm really having a hard time keeping enough of these. There just isn't the material available. I know where to get a ton of chemicals on Nar Shaddah but once I'm there, I can't leave to get to a Lab Bench. :p

Help!

All drop items are more or less random, as are the contents of containers-more or less meaning that there are some items that will also turn up in the same location otherwise you couldn't progress (You'll always find computer Spikes and mines when taking control of T3 on Peragus station for the first time for example), so you'd be having the same problem regardless of which class you were playing. The same is true of vendors-the items that they will have for sale is also more or less random-so no one can really tell you the best things to buy, since you might never find them. If your having real problems you have two choises; Use the KSE to give yourself better equipment or start again and hope you get better loot.

I know what you mean about med packs and chemicals, although to be fair I've never really needed to use them once I get force heal.

All drop items are more or less random, as are the contents of containers-more or less meaning that there are some items that will also turn up in the same location otherwise you couldn't progress (You'll always find computer Spikes and mines when taking control of T3 on Peragus station for the first time for example), so you'd be having the same problem regardless of which class you were playing. The same is true of vendors-the items that they will have for sale is also more or less random-so no one can really tell you the best things to buy, since you might never find them. If your having real problems you have two choises; Use the KSE to give yourself better equipment or start again and hope you get better loot.

I know what you mean about med packs and chemicals, although to be fair I've never really needed to use them once I get force heal.

Ive never had much of a need for medpacks and the like,

only time i might use them is against kreia and her 3 lightsabers

, and thats only occasionaly and because it doesnt cost a combat turn if you know how to do it

I decided to give myself a challange and started the game over again since in my first effort, I had reached the point of no return on Nar Shaddah and didn't have the right items.

Right now I'm at the Restoration sight on Telos and I'm just about to fight the two escaped criminals. :bat:

One thing I'm noticing about being a Consular, is the loot isn't too plentiful. I'm having a problem making the things I need because there isn't much comming my way. Lot's of XP but no loot.

My first question is: what items are the cheapest to buy with the most bang for the buck as far as breaking them down to make Advanced Medpacks and such. I'm really having a hard time keeping enough of these. There just isn't the material available. I know where to get a ton of chemicals on Nar Shaddah but once I'm there, I can't leave to get to a Lab Bench. :o

Help!

ived played the game numerous times and have never been able to find the criminals. where were they? my bro found them but i didnt in the same place. does gender make a difference???

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

the beginnings of a consular may be tough, because...they have less health generally and can go down quick, but i usually live with cure and let my team mates take the damage

the only time ive really needed life support packs/advanced was

the 2 terentatek (sp?) in the sith trial, and trayus academy against marauders and greater storm beasty

but the later areas of the game are so rewarding to the jedi consular-master because basically if you play your stats and equipment right and level your characters the right way you can be invincible, basically having such an abundance of force points you never run out even in potency form, and cast buff/heal spells til the end of time

consulars are the only class i play anymore, and i dont really understand the jedi sentinel/watchman

an example being

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v152/str...nt=K2_00010.jpg

i mean i dont want to tell you how to play your character/game but if looking for advice il tell you what i do i get my wis/dext/charisma up while leveling the other 2 people i want to use in STR and Const, basically i heal and buff them as they kill kill kill

Edited by Trayus

ived played the game numerous times and have never been able to find the criminals. where were they? my bro found them but i didnt in the same place. does gender make a difference???

Presumably a bug, but here goes:

You can only find the escaped criminals if you take the DS route on Telos and side with Czerka. They show up during one of your meetings with Czerka, and then show up down on the restoration land. If you didn't see them with Czerka first, then you get common mercenaries down there instead.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

You can only find the escaped criminals if you take the DS route on Telos and side with Czerka. They show up during one of your meetings with Czerka, and then show up down on the restoration land. If you didn't see them with Czerka first, then you get common mercenaries down there instead.

It is a bug, the very first time I played the criminals where there.....and never since. There is a patch you can get that solves this-look at the Restoration Project, I think it was on there.

It is notoriously buggy. Team Gizka (the guys doing the TSLRP project) has it among downloadable bugfixes on their website.

On an unrelated sidenote, Also recommended is the "rebalancing" mod from the same place, which makes consulars suck at combat. You have to rely much more on force powers then :bat:

As for making stimpacks... can't you break down grenades or mines for chemicals? I can't remember exactly, but I think there is one item you can create on the workbench and break down on the lab bench (and then make healing stuff from).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I usually find them when im searching for whats his name thats hiding from czerka, thats the last i see of them though.

I usually find them when im searching for whats his name thats hiding from czerka, thats the last i see of them though.

I was about 3/4th to light side and got the quest and saw them in Czerka office when stopping there to talk to the boss lady about the whistle blower that was in hiding. So you can find them if your light side too.

Edited by Mklangelo

You can find them, and finish the quest, as a LS'er if you download the bug fix from team Gizka's websight. Otherwise the game is bugged and they don't spawn later on.

That's odd because I have only installed the latest patch and no fixes and I got the quest and whacked em' on the way to the Czerka excavation site...

:bat:

You can find them, and finish the quest, as a LS'er if you download the bug fix from team Gizka's websight. Otherwise the game is bugged and they don't spawn later on.

That's odd because I have only installed the latest patch and no fixes and I got the quest and whacked em' on the way to the Czerka excavation site...

:bat:

Yeah, I managed that the very first time I played-but it never happened again (they never turned up that is) even if I uninstalled and played from scratch.

Ive never had much of a need for medpacks and the like,

only time i might use them is against kreia and her 3 lightsabers

, and thats only occasionaly and because it doesnt cost a combat turn if you know how to do it

I know how to do it, but I don't because it feels like cheating. The game is easy enough without resorting to such tactics.