KOTOR 2 LOADING/FREEZING ISSUES

Im running KOTOR 2 on Windows Vista and I had the earlier problem of it not loading, saying that the program had to shut down unexpectedly. I fixed that, but now im having a major problem of it freezing when loading. It saves and loads the different areas perfectly fine, but whenever I try to load a saved game it freezes about 40% of the way done. It freezes at the exact same time every time. Strangely though, it loads perfectly fine from the autosaves. I was wondering if you guys had encountered a problem like this before and what i should do about it.

Im running KOTOR 2 on Windows Vista and I had the earlier problem of it not loading, saying that the program had to shut down unexpectedly. I fixed that, but now im having a major problem of it freezing when loading. It saves and loads the different areas perfectly fine, but whenever I try to load a saved game it freezes about 40% of the way done. It freezes at the exact same time every time. Strangely though, it loads perfectly fine from the autosaves. I was wondering if you guys had encountered a problem like this before and what i should do about it.

Good luck getting this fixed. Obsidian is never going to release another patch, so unless it can be fixed with a driver update, you're hosed.

Have you checked that the game disks have no scratches or smudges on them? May sound like a daft thing to say, but I've tried to install K2 before only for disk four to be rejected-the problem was solved by cleaning the disk in question-which had a small smudge on it which was stopping the PC from reading it correctly.

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game? Unless you tell the undelete program to do so it will not wipe your saved games.

Have you scan your harddrive for errors? Might be worth trying even if yours is a new PC, and it will cost you nothing but time.

Have you checked the Lucasarts message boards? There is a board just for the KOTOR games, and they include a technical help section. Even if your problem isn't listed you can post there and see if anyone there can help. (I think there is a link in the FAQ section here)