What game would you rather see Obsidian work on

Gorth

Where should they make some effort to get signed up  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Franchise

• Warhammer 40.000 (in the vein of "Necromunda" or "Inquisitor")
    • Bladerunner (untapped potential)
    • Cyberpunk (havent seen a good one since Bloodnet)
    • Generic Post Apocalyptic Game (Who needs Fallout anyway)
    • Star Wars (Kotor3?/Other?)
    • Baldurs Gate 3 (running on ToEE engine?)
    • Vampire Something (I could use another VMBL)
    • Other (specify)

Wild West. A Western RPG would be good, and having it use dark humor like Fallout did, it would win.

They could do a Wild West game in a retro 50'es vision of the Wild West, like the old hollywood westerns. Even Mark Morgans old Fallout track would fit such a pre-apocalyptic game, as would the jargon, humour and visual style to some degree.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Deadwood is also interesting, with archetypes :p

Yes, Deadwood is very interesting. But how funny would any of the characters be to play, apart from possibly the sheriff?

And even so, not having archetypes is not the same as not having the same professions. With a skill based system, I could construct any character in Deadwood, while a system with archetypes would feel much more limiting. Westerns are at their best when they break away from expectations and dare do something different, a la Deadwood.

Is it safe to say K3 wins this poll?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wild West. A Western RPG would be good, and having it use dark humor like Fallout did, it would win.

They could do a Wild West game in a retro 50'es vision of the Wild West, like the old hollywood westerns. Even Mark Morgans old Fallout track would fit such a pre-apocalyptic game, as would the jargon, humour and visual style to some degree.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. We've had fantasy, steampunk, dark fantasy RPGs, why not a good Western?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Yeah it was fun to screw with your hopes guys :) :) :) :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I wrote a short D20 RPG using the popular Seattle-based situation comedy "Frasier" as a campaign setting.

It was, even if I say so myself, rather good. The mores of the urban haute borgouisie are oft-neglected in computer gaming and I would happily hand over the material so that Obsidian could crack on and convert it to the PC.

Without sounding too much like Niles, I suspect that console gamers might find the setting a tad dry for their twitchy, giant-fighting robots tastes.

Toodle pip,

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hey, my giant-robot-fighting tastes aren't twitchy! They are...reactively rapid.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Inquisitor rpg now plz

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I would like to see Obsidian make a sci-fi game set in setting other than the Fallout setting. Maybe a post apoc setting in which the pollution finally has caught up with humankind, or maybe a game in which the global warming finally has taken its toll on us. It could be either cyberpunk or steampunk - or a an original IP made by Obsidian themselves. Up in Noreay deep within the frozen glaciers of the Tundra there seeds from every plants on the Earth. This certainly makes my imagination fly ---

I would love Obsidian to make a steampunk adventure game that takes place in the early 2200's. (maybe a game based on the ME' IP ?? Mass Effect's setting would be great as a setting for an adventure game, maybe with some easy stealth sequences and combat sequences plotted in (of course, they should be optional to the player, though), the setting could even be based on Drew Karpashyn's book 'revelations'.

Being from Denmark, I would really like to see Obsidian make a decent classic rpg game set in a viking setting about the year 1000 or so. The plot could revolve around the ancient Gods of the vikings vs. the monks, or it could revolve around some of the ancient Nordic myths, legends and tales.

A good decent western rpg would be great, too :lol:

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

i pick blade runner because i know they would make it bad ass!

i allmost picked "other" and threw in my two cents that it dosent really matter to me what "game" they make, as long as they s*** can the d20 and devloped there own rule set.

Edited by sogi_ya

grrrrrr, why do i keep spelling "and" as "nad", or "driven" as "drivven".

damn you lexdixa, damn you to hell

when i stop to think about it this poll might have ben better implemented if the options were more genre driven, i.e. rts, more rpg, sprots, adventure, spacr sim, ect ...

i'd go for a stat driven rts. the comparison to warcraft 3 would be undeniable but concidering how vivendie is rat ****ing the back story with wow, maby it is time for some high quality clones.

grrrrrr, why do i keep spelling "and" as "nad", or "driven" as "drivven".

damn you lexdixa, damn you to hell

Or you could just play other rts'. Since, there's been like a million good quality ones out after WC 3.

kirottu said: