What game would you rather see Obsidian work on

Gorth

Where should they make some effort to get signed up  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Franchise

• Warhammer 40.000 (in the vein of "Necromunda" or "Inquisitor")
    • Bladerunner (untapped potential)
    • Cyberpunk (havent seen a good one since Bloodnet)
    • Generic Post Apocalyptic Game (Who needs Fallout anyway)
    • Star Wars (Kotor3?/Other?)
    • Baldurs Gate 3 (running on ToEE engine?)
    • Vampire Something (I could use another VMBL)
    • Other (specify)

I've seen quite a few threads over time on the net, asking who would you like to work on a particular game?

Just to turn question up side down a bit, I'll ask, which game would you like see a particular developer work on?

I've excluded games known to be ether in production by Obsidian (Alien franchise) or others (Sellout - a Postnuclear Money Machine).

Besides, I havent started a thread in ages, like an average of 3 each year or so :lol:

I didn't add "FFS Why don't they do their own IP now?" either as I suspect their wallets aren't as big as Blizzard/Bethesda's yet.

Edit: Oops, forgot to vote myself. I am dying to see a WH40K roleplaying game on my computer. Time to wrestle that license from THQ :o

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Blade Runner would be awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Blade Runner would be awesome.

Would have been my second choice if I could have made a "prioritised" poll :thumbsup:

Ever since playing a game called "Beneath a Steel Sky", I've wanted to play games in similar types of settings.

Damn, how could I forget Icewind Dale? I even had an empty slot left in the poll :(

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just want Obsidian finish the goddamn mess they started with K2's ending. K3 for me plz, after that I can happily leave SW franchise behind.

One Twin Peaks is enough for me.

All of those are intriguing though.

Well, maybe not Warhammer.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think a Bladerunner type game will fill an empty niche. And since WB going to release an 25th anniversary edition this year, they better get jumping on it if they want to capitalize! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think a Bladerunner type game will fill an empty niche. And since WB going to release an 25th anniversary edition this year, they better get jumping on it if they want to capitalize! :(

Now wait.... You got me thinking. Warner Brothers, a digitally remastered Director's Cut of Blade Runner, Warner Brothers owning Monolith.... Monolith developing a cool Blade Runner FPS. Oh gawd wouldn't that be splendid? :thumbsup:

Edited by Morgoth

Something like Vampire but without any supernatural bits with NWN2's camera system and character control.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Bladerunner... wow, now there's an idea. I mean I am kinda over the movie because back in highschool we analysed it a lot.

That said, that analysis helps me realise just how immense the potential is for that universe. You've even got a Mars colony to work with. Man, I'd totally dig a Blade Runner RPG. Perfect setting, universe, and adaptability to an RPG... plus it is post-apoc :D

I think in order to work it'd need to be something of a mix between Deus Ex and Vampire: Bloodlines, in terms of atmosphere, quests, 1st person, skill system, etc.

I'm all into a Warhammer game. I'd prefer 40K just to get away from the generic fantasy for a bit. I'd also love an IWD3. I loved the first IWD. It remains one of my favorite games. The expansions to 1 and IWD2 were great fun. I could see myself enjoying any of the others on the list, but 40K for sure. I think they should get started on it immediately! Where's Llyranor? He's the CEO, after all.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Their own IP even if it is based on an existing licesne. ie. A D&D game is fine; but they don't need to make another BIO game based sequal ala BG3 or even one that has done before like IWD3.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KotOR 3. I've been waiting for far too long.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Wasn't there a Blade Runner game made by Westwood? Got mixed reviews for memory, but for the gameplay, not for the setting and lore.

Could be interesting.

Well, the gameplay wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. In terms of setting and atmosphere it was quite awesome.

Also, i think it was the first game to use voxels. I could be wrong, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

First, finish off KotOR III, then i wouldn't mind a new Vampire or Cyberpunk RPG.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There was another thread of this type not too long ago, and JE Sawyer chimed in with a Delta Green idea. That sounded good to me.

I voted Vampire, because I like the setting, but BG3 or KOTOR3 are good too.

Icewind Dale 3 with BG type NPC's interaction, of course leaving open the option to create your own party as well.

I'd like that a lot, but something tells me Josh isn't exactly chomping at the bit for another IWD. Besides, IWD was always supposed to be the dungeon-hack alternative to BG.

Edited by Pop

Well, the gameplay wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. In terms of setting and atmosphere it was quite awesome.

Also, i think it was the first game to use voxels. I could be wrong, though.

Looks like the ever reliable wikipedia agrees with you.

Ah, Voxels, truely the future of gaming.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Wasn't there a Blade Runner game made by Westwood? Got mixed reviews for memory, but for the gameplay, not for the setting and lore.

Could be interesting.

Yeah, same year when everyone was playing Fallout, I somehow managed to buy this little gem too. At that time 3d graphics as we now know 'em wasn't that sure deal and Blade Runner was (unfortunately) one of the games that used voxels (I think most probably remember Outcast best out of all voxel games). I havent played this game for long time but I think characters in game were not always the same on each playthru. Sometimes replicant in you previous game would really be human this time and so on. I kinda liked that, it gave game replay value and it had multiple endings too. It wont make my top 10 or even top 20 list of all time fav games but it was good game at the time anyway, at least if you like adventure and puzzle solving games.

Blade Runner crpg would be fine option but first Obsidan should show us that they can make complite and solid game unlike their previous games.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.