Ever wondered how the history would have been changed if

It's time to figure out in a similar situation created by the hungarian game developer team Digital Reality

WAR FRONT: TURNING POINTS

From the creators of Imperium Galactica 1-2, Platoon, Haegemonia, Desert Rats VS Afrika Korps and D-Day

Not like in Red Alert, Hitler is not totally erased from the history, but he still swiftly looses controll over the events, and later also his life.

Not exactly C&C, but still lovely:

* The first "Science-Fiction/World War II" RTS title that combines resource gathering, army building, base construction and a full-fledged technology tree with an intuitive interface and accessible tactical combat in a style that will delight casual and veteran strategy gamers alike.

* A detailed technology tree allows for a variety of recognized WWII weapons along with special, nation-specific, secret and super weapons such as multi-turreted tanks, jet-pack soldiers, stealth bombers, armored mechs and more.

* Two single-player campaigns portray an epic struggle of good-versus-evil in which Hitler is killed early in the war, taking history and the player in a nail-biting new direction. The story is written by some of Hollywood's brightest screenwriting talents and told through a mixture of immersive cinematic cut scenes and fast-paced, tactical game play.

* An action-packed multiplayer mode allows for up to ten players to compete against or cooperate with each other in teams or as individuals playing the Soviets, Germans or Americans. An Internet-based ladder will serve to memorialize the game's top tacticians world-wide.

* Players can control units in a traditional top-down RTS perspective or take direct control and jump into turrets or attach to any combat vehicle for a near-FPS experience.

* Three distinct heroes for each nation, each with its own special abilities that can help turning the tide of battle in the player's favour. Heroes gain experience and become more powerful, granting offensive and defensive bonuses to allied troops while weakening opposing units.

please enjoy :ermm:

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

It's time to figure out in a similar situation created by the hungarian game developer team Digital Reality

WAR FRONT: TURNING POINTS

From the creators of Imperium Galactica 1-2, Platoon, Haegemonia, Desert Rats VS Afrika Korps and D-Day

Not like in Red Alert, Hitler is not totally erased from the history, but he still swiftly looses controll over the events, and later also his life.

Not exactly C&C, but still lovely:

* The first "Science-Fiction/World War II" RTS title that combines resource gathering, army building, base construction and a full-fledged technology tree with an intuitive interface and accessible tactical combat in a style that will delight casual and veteran strategy gamers alike.

* A detailed technology tree allows for a variety of rec

ognized WWII weapons along with special, nation-specific, secret and super weapons such as multi-turreted tanks, jet-pack soldiers, stealth bombers, armored mechs and more.

* Two single-player campaigns portray an epic struggle of good-versus-evil in which Hitler is killed early in the war, taking history and the player in a nail-biting new direction. The story is written by some of Hollywood's brightest screenwriting talents and told through a mixture of immersive cinematic cut scenes and fast-paced, tactical game play.

* An action-packed multiplayer mode allows for up to ten players to compete against or cooperate with each other in teams or as individuals playing the Soviets, Germans or Americans. An Internet-based ladder will serve to memorialize the game's top tacticians world-wide.

* Players can control units in a traditional top-down RTS perspective or take direct control and jump into turrets or attach to any combat vehicle for a near-FPS experience.

* Three distinct heroes for each nation, each with its own special abilities that can help turning the tide of battle in the player's favour. Heroes gain experience and become more powerful, granting offensive and defensive bonuses to allied troops while weakening opposing units.

please enjoy :ermm:

Wasn't there once a game released where WW1 was still going on in 1960? Anyway, I'm sure I've seen other scenarios mixed with WW-II too, they just haven't tried out Medieval/WW-II yet. At any rate, I'm not so much into RTS anymore....and even less WW-II.

Two single-player campaigns portray an epic struggle of good-versus-evil in which Hitler is killed early in the war, taking history and the player in a nail-biting new direction. The story is written by some of Hollywood's brightest screenwriting talents and told through a mixture of immersive cinematic cut scenes and fast-paced, tactical game play.

"Good-vs-Evil", "Hollywood screenwriter".

Uh oh. Not again.

Next.

that's for the hype, you should actually play it to know it (as many things weren't mentioned to not get censured :p)

EDIT:

besides, you should have already realized: without Hitler, the major 'evil' is erased and the game becomes more of a grey-grey fight (with nazis -southerners mostly- also in USA and such) :)

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

No thanks. WW-2 RTS games bore me. Commandos series was cool, but we won't see that anymore.

Wasn't there once a RTS released, from a Hungarian dev too I think, where Pigs would mercilessly fight Rabbits? SWINE I think was the name. I'd actually be interested in seeing a sequel to that. :p

Edited by Morgoth

No thanks. WW-2 RTS bore me. Commandos series was cool, but we won't see that anymore.

Wasn't there once a RTS released, from a Hungarian dev too I think, where Pigs would mercilessly fight Rabbits? SWINE I think was the name. I'd actually be interested in seeing a sequel to that. :p

you will...but now as all the developer teams we need a game that won't be released soon as freeware so they get some cash :)

IB1OsQq.png

Wasn't there once a game released where WW1 was still going on in 1960? Anyway, I'm sure I've seen other scenarios mixed with WW-II too, they just haven't tried out Medieval/WW-II yet. At any rate, I'm not so much into RTS anymore....and even less WW-II.

Iron Storm for the PC...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Iron Storm was suprisingly decent, provided you played it on PC.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd rather play alternate history WWII shooters than alternate history WWII rts games. Like a WWII shooter with Transformers where you don't play as a Transformer, but fight alongside them. It would piss soooo many people off, but it could be so awesome shooting at a prop plane Starscream with a bazooka.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ever since I saw that one (iirc) comic cover, I've been itching over the concept. It would be awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ever since I saw that one (iirc) comic cover, I've been itching over the concept. It would be awesome.

With GI Joes. That's my inspiration too.

I'd rather play alternate history WWII shooters than alternate history WWII rts games. Like a WWII shooter with Transformers where you don't play as a Transformer, but fight alongside them. It would piss soooo many people off, but it could be so awesome shooting at a prop plane Starscream with a bazooka.

Bazookas couldn't even knock out a T-34!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bazookas couldn't even knock out a T-34!

You'd just be trying to stagger him, to support the M-1 Abrams Autobot.

*drool* Sturmtiger and Maus Decepticons.

Really, I don't care about transformers, but the whole local techonology assimilation twist would be so tasty in that milieu.

kirottu said:

As I've never been into Transformers I have to ask something: Why didn't humans just blew Decepticons into small pieces with nuclear weapons and stuff?

I mean, I have certain distain for scifi stories that goes in the way of "GODLIKE ALIEN ENTITIES HAVE COME AND HUMANKIND CAN DO NOTHING AT THEM UNTIL DEUS EX MACHINA HAPPENS BWAA" a la War of the Worlds.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

As I've never been into Transformers I have to ask something: Why didn't humans just blew Decepticons into small pieces with nuclear weapons and stuff?

I mean, I have certain distain for scifi stories that goes in the way of "GODLIKE ALIEN ENTITIES HAVE COME AND HUMANKIND CAN DO NOTHING AT THEM UNTIL DEUS EX MACHINA HAPPENS BWAA" a la War of the Worlds.

Because they're bloody robots IN DISGUISE. Only way to nuke them is to nuke all of your own cities.

That and being that they're so advanced, they could probably detect and stop most long range missles. That doesn't require any godlike abilities. And having an entire competing group, the Autobots, from day 1 doesn't qualify as Deus Ex Machina.

Xard, I really hope you're never in power if your solution to everything is nukes.

Edited by Tale

Of course not as the first weapon. As nuclear weapons are considered as most destructible weapon conceived by mankind, however, it makes sense to use them as example of "ultimate firepower". At least for me.

Exactly, the autobots. What I'm trying to say that it seriously sucks when mankind ends up completely useless, weak and pathetic in war against some stupid aliens. I mean, many things isn't cheesier than end of War of the Worlds.

Nothing can stop alien armada and then pufffsh - they all end up dead. Hilariously oxygen was fatal for them. Race with that level fo technology weren't capable enough to monitor what consists atmosphere of the planet they're conquering etc. ? Oh give me break. That's nearly as worse type of narrative like "then he waked up and everything had been dream" (Mamoru Oshii, I'm looking at YOU!).

This is not case in Transformers except in one way. Instead of deadly oxygen there are autobots. Mankind on its own has no chance.

X-Files is awesome, but it too fails into this terrible, one of the oldest cliches of science fiction, "invincible aliens" scene.

As a good example I'm looking at ents in LotR. Orcs were capable of bringing them down, but it was so hard task that they had pitiful percentage of succeeding in it. Situation however wasn't insta-lose for orcsies.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

So, your entire complaint with Transformers is that the Decepticons are significantly more advanced than humans.

Bringing up Deus Ex Machina has nothing to do with that. At all. Not even a little. Cheesy or sudden plot resolutions have nothing to do with that, either.

There's no telling if it's insta-lose for the humans against the Decepticons. The Decepticons don't fight fair. And they didn't come to earth to conquer, so they have no intention of fighting a war. They're attacking oil rigs and hydro electric dams, not military facilities. If they ever fought the humans, maybe the humans could have killed one. There's plenty of media, the most recent movie, some comics, that give plenty of credence to the idea that humans can hurt Transformers.

Edited by Tale

It wasn't oxygen that killed them, it was foreign bacteria.

kirottu said:

So, your entire complaint with Transformers is that the Decepticons are significantly more advanced than humans.

Bringing up Deus Ex Machina has nothing to do with that. At all. Not even a little. Cheesy or sudden plot resolutions have nothing to do with that, either.

There's no telling if it's insta-lose for the humans against the Decepticons. The Decepticons don't fight fair. And they didn't come to earth to conquer, so they have no intention of fighting a war. They're attacking oil rigs and hydro electric dams, not military facilities. If they ever fought the humans, maybe the humans could have killed one. There's plenty of media, the most recent movie, some comics, that give plenty of credence to the idea that humans can hurt Transformers.

No, I have no problems with humans getting beaten up pretty badly, what I had problems with was the image that I had got that humans couldn't even scratch those damn robots. But if they can, my apologies for the rant.

In the old version from the 50's it was oxygen, I'm sure of it.

And even if it wasn't... well, cheap Deus Ex Machina still.

the image that I had got that humans couldn't even scratch those damn robots.

In the original series, the robots couldn't even scratch each other most of the time. They were around to sell toys, can't be killing characters off willy nilly. It usually just had someone get a minor scratch and then everyone flees.

Yeah. That would be deus in machina.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No, I have no problems with humans getting beaten up pretty badly, what I had problems with was the image that I had got that humans couldn't even scratch those damn robots. But if they can, my apologies for the rant.

Uh in the movie humans killed the scorpion thing in the desert, and the captain dude killed Blackout if I remember correctly.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

It does make sense that the aliens would die due to foreign bacteria and viruses if they were not properly prepared for a new environment but since they were significantly advance race they should have taken the Earth biosphere as a whole and be immune or at least resistant. Now alien viruses and bacteria in which they have an immunity to could play havoc against the human population and very rarely due we see the after effects of this in the various forms of media.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

FYI, If you mean the 'original' American film where the tripods were turned into huge hovercraft then yeah, it was still bacteria. They used this to put a preachy christian message on the end along the lines of 'because god, in his wisdom put the smallest blah blah blah'.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)