Did the Battle of Endor really change history?

I fail to see it. If the Empire had won, you would have had a power struggle between Vader and Sidious, and it would probably resemble the infighting of the Imperial Remnant, the Yuuzhan Vong woulda still showed up a few decades later, which would have given the Empire a common enemy after they get their asses handed to 'em for the first half of the war (and I get this feeling Sidious woulda set up Vader's death at the Vong's hands during this period) before the tide turns in favor of the Empire, running the Vong out of the galaxy. And then the power struggles would resume again.

... and the only difference would be a Death Star, but for how long that structure would last is unknown (kinda like its significance)....

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Which is exactly the reason why EU sucks.

Canonically evil was defeated there once and all

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Evil can't be defeated completely. It's people that are evil or have evilness inside of them, so the only way to end evil is to destroy all sentient life. Seems like a good idea to me.

I don't see how this "balance" was achieved when Vader killed the Emperor.

Did the font change whilst I was becoming a Necromancer? It looks a little squished.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I think that if the Rebellion failed at Endor, Luke would have despaired, turned to the Dark Side, and killed Vader at Sidious' urging, becoming his new apprentice. After that, who knows. Eventually he probably would have killed Sidious too.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Even if the Death Star hadn't been destroyed Palpatine would still have been thrown down the shaft by Vader, and Vader would still have died afterwards. What would have happened to Luke is a good question, chances are he would have been killed trying to escape from the DS, or he would have taken Palpatines place......

....None of which would have kept him or anyone else alive since according to parts of the EU an assasin droid had downloaded his programing into the DeathStar and it was just about to open fire and destroy Endor when the station was destroyed. What would have happened is that the droid programing would have taken over the station, vented all the air out killing every living thing on board, then gone on a massive rampage around the galaxy destroying worlds until it either broke down, or was stopped by Palpatines clone.....somehow....When the Yuzhong turned up there wouldn't be much for them to take over, or many ships left to fight them.

I don't know much of anything that happened after The Battle of Endor, but I think I can peice together the hypothetical.

Well...if you put together the events, how they occurred, the Rebels could not match or push back the Imperial fleet so they would have been fighting to the death, as well the Death Star was fully functional and could fire much quicker than the first.

Now, the Rebels already walked into a trap, but even as such, they still would have destroyed the shield barrier and Lando would have still gotten his shots off and destroyed the reactor. The only real variables that exist come from inside the Death Star. so either Luke turning DS, Luke staying LS and killing Vader/Sidious (basically the way the movie ended), or Luke dying at the hands of Vader/Sidious.

In the latter, Vader and Sidious could have easily escaped before its destruction and Sidious would have been able to transfer himself to a clone or another fresh body. And really, if Luke was dead, the Yuuzhan Vong would have still invaded and taken over and dropped Sidious and Vader regardless.

I dare say the Battle of Endor would not be as significant if Luke had been killed on the Death Star. Seeing that Luke, as simple as I can put it, revived the Jedi order following the events and into the future which in the hypothetical, would have changed everything.

wookiedance.gif

It certaintly changed history for the Rebellion, but if they hadn't won, nothing would have really changed fro them. They'd still have been fighting to beat the Empire, even if sidious had died. When the vong showed up, if the empire had still been strong they would have been defeated faster. However the chances of them remaining strong for that long are pretty slim.

Battle of Endor defined it all. If rebels had lose there, that would've been the final defeat.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

But it did change the fate of the galaxy? Sure it may have been the battle where the most powerful Sith Lord* was defeated, but I really don't see it changing the fate of the Empire (as described in the OP), it certainly wouldn't have changed anything about the Vong's arrival, and I'm sure there still would have been a Darth Krayt :)

* I feel hesitant to say that because there are people who believe that Revan's crotch contained more power than Sidious, Bane, and Krayt combined...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Evil can't be defeated completely. It's people that are evil or have evilness inside of them, so the only way to end evil is to destroy all sentient life. Seems like a good idea to me.

I don't see how this "balance" was achieved when Vader killed the Emperor.

Did the font change whilst I was becoming a Necromancer? It looks a little squished.

bla bla bla I'm Purgatorio who thinks too smart about these silly things of Star Wars bla bla bla :thumbsup:

:*

But it's true the EU is full of silly plot holes. Fett jumping out of the Sarlack Pit, The Emperor's clones, Luke falling to the darkside.... all needed to continue the universe, because if the light triumphs there wouldn't be any enemies, so that would be the end of starwars. The alternative would be the Jedi continuously watching for the darkness to return. Which would get boring, more so. :thumbsup:

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

^ Exactly. Canonically speaking evil WAS defeated there once and for all (which is just stupid idea but this is SW) but thanks for EU...

:*

But it's true the EU is full of silly plot holes. Fett jumping out of the Sarlack Pit, The Emperor's clones, Luke falling to the darkside.... all needed to continue the universe, because if the light triumphs there wouldn't be any enemies, so that would be the end of starwars. The alternative would be the Jedi continuously watching for the darkness to return. Which would get boring, more so. :lol:

Now about when that happens, we start worrying about the storyline of the common man. The moisture farmer on Tatooine. The lawyer on Corellia. The swoop jock on Manaan....

DAWUSS

If the rebels had been defeated at the battle of Endor, then Princess Leia probably would have never found treatment for her cocaine addiction, most likely leaving her barren. Han would have probably left her soon after, eventually she would have been relegated to doing guest spots on shows like CSI: Miami

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I fail to see it. If the Empire had won, you would have had a power struggle between Vader and Sidious, and it would probably resemble the infighting of the Imperial Remnant, the Yuuzhan Vong woulda still showed up a few decades later, which would have given the Empire a common enemy after they get their asses handed to 'em for the first half of the war (and I get this feeling Sidious woulda set up Vader's death at the Vong's hands during this period) before the tide turns in favor of the Empire, running the Vong out of the galaxy. And then the power struggles would resume again.

... and the only difference would be a Death Star, but for how long that structure would last is unknown (kinda like its significance)....

Well you would have Had i war between Vader and Sidious its always been Vader plan to dethrone him, what he was waiting i imagine is debatable personally i think it had to do with Vader knowing his master techinque were still better than his while Vader mediclorians were clearly higher, so he needed a ally to take him down, Aka why he asked Luke skywalker help him kill the emperor and rule the galaxy with him, and later possible his secret apprentice in the force unleashed.

Guest Accept

Sure it did. It was the liberation pf Omelettes peopl... Uhm, I mean yes, it did. :sorcerer:

My opinion is pretty much like Xard defined it: Battle of Endor defined it all. If rebels had lose there, that would've been the final defeat.

Edited by Accept