Crysis Release Date: 9/11

I'm actually glad to have 9/11 become a normal day again. I'm iffy on Crysis. I think I'd like it, but I thought Far Cry had some very irritating level design. I'm sure there will be some news and reviews here on the Obsidz board. :Cant's invoking mkreku icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm actually glad to have 9/11 become a normal day again. I'm iffy on Crysis. I think I'd like it, but I thought Far Cry had some very irritating level design. I'm sure there will be some news and reviews here on the Obsidz board. :Cant's invoking mkreku icon:

Far Cry for the most part had some very good and well thought out levels, I agree there was the occasional strange desicion, but I doubt that really counts for much in a world that seems to think shooters like Halo are good despite the game having possibly the worst level design in a AAA title that I can ever recall.

I can't think of any games with perfect level design, frankly I think it's something that people don't pay enough attention to.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Hmm, I'll wait to read some reviews on this one. I've heard the whole "our aliens are smarter than ever" thing before, so time will tell. Oh, and 9/11 is my b-day, so it's always been normal, despite what the children in charge of the world happen to be doing at any given time.

Yeah, that's assuming you're normal, Wistrik. :D

Anyhow, there's always a good chance I'll end up buying it as I tend to like fpses. In fact, I honestly think fpses and adventure games have taken over as my favorite genre.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I was going to object, but it's a good point about needing to make 9/11 a normal day again. Otherwise the terrorists are only 364 days away from paralysing us entirely.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What a way to motivate your developers.

"If we don't release this game on time the terrorists will win!" :*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Back on topic, I don't see why aliens are so bad. You can make aliens have wildly different characteristics and equipment. Which makes the game space more interesting and challenging.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.