Motorcyclists, post about your SWEET RIDES

J.E. Sawyer

post-13098-1185907148_thumb.jpg

This is my dad's bike. 1941 Indian Scout. The christmas lights are't actually a permanent fixture; my dad just doesn't like leaving it in the garage over the winter. Of course, if I'd spent fifteen years restoring it I'd probably feel the same way.

post-13098-1185907167_thumb.jpg

This is the piece of crap I have to put up with. "The Son of a Bitch". Keeping this in running order is full time job, I'm telling you.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

indian.JPG

This is my dad's bike. 1941 Indian Scout. The christmas lights are't actually a permanent fixture; my dad just doesn't like leaving it in the garage over the winter. Of course, if I'd spent fifteen years restoring it I'd probably feel the same way.

Does he ever ride it? Looks great.

Not in the last few years since he was in hospital, but yeah, he used to ride it a lot. It gets a lot of admirers when he's out on it. Apparently it used to help him score with chicks back in the sixties.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Looks like an early 2002.

It's a '74, so I'd say it's more of a late 02. It's only got like 30000 miles on it. All the mechanics are in great shape except the air conditioner, which doesn't work. That's a real problem for me in July in Alabama. The interior is a mess from being left in the sun too long, and it's got a god damn automatic in it.

I just saw a 365B being prepped for painting the other day. I like the looks of the coupes, but I don't think I could ever live with one; I can barely fit into a 356 convertible.

55.jpg

'

Alright now I'm jealous. You've got a '55...Speedster?

Mines a '63 Coupe, anyway. Right now it's a shell with new wheels, brakes, and an engine. I need to put in the gas tank and then (ick) do the wiring. At the rate I'm going, I don't know how long that'll take.

post-13098-1185907148_thumb.jpg

I am in love with that thing.

super_bonnie.jpg

the other tank looked better imo ... but I can understand the extra fuel capacity

I've been thinking about throwing a fat bob tank on my bike which would take me from about 4 gals to 5+ gals but that would probably invovle a new paint job also. $$$$$$$ .... also debating about saddlebags and windshield $$$$$$$ gonna need new tires soon, especially the rear $$$$$$

always something I guess

It's a '74, so I'd say it's more of a late 02. It's only got like 30000 miles on it. All the mechanics are in great shape except the air conditioner, which doesn't work. That's a real problem for me in July in Alabama. The interior is a mess from being left in the sun too long, and it's got a god damn automatic in it.

Install E21 320i dogleg 5-speed, problem solved.

Alright now I'm jealous. You've got a '55...Speedster?

No, not mine. It's my ex's Speedster replica. Also the car I learned to drive stick on.

always something I guess

Buy multiple motorcycles so you only have to maintain each one half as much. :(

Install E21 320i dogleg 5-speed, problem solved.

Yeah, I'm thinking about it

No, not mine. It's my ex's Speedster replica. Also the car I learned to drive stick on.

I thought about one of those once. I even checked out the Vintage Speedsters factory in California and was planning to cut the top off my uncle's Beetle so I'd have a chassis to build it on. I eventually decided to just get the real thing.

• 1 month later...

I must admit that the shiney tank on Sawyer bike looks very swanky, I don't know if I could go in for it myself, I'm currently coming up with a bizzare plan to reduce the amount of chrom on my bike... I'm thinking about powder coating everything in a nice matte black...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

In Sweden they're going to legislate that you will need a special drivers license to drive a moped. Gah. The goverment here really doesnt want anyone to drive any kind of vehicle ever. Soon they'll ban bicycles aswell :lol:

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

the other tank looked better imo ... but I can understand the extra fuel capacity

As an update to this, that tank started leaking the day after I put it on the bike. The manufacturer told me... after the fact... that it isn't meant to be polished. Thanks! Yeah, who would think of polishing an alloy gas tank?

So I'm sealing it with an epoxy sealant now. But the polish will be ruined. So it has to be stripped, scuffed, and repainted. I'm thinking a black and yellow paint scheme, like the old BMW GS "bumblebees".

• 5 months later...

I can't believe I forgot to post this SWEET RIDE I picked up at Christmas in Wisconsin. It will be my Wisconsin motorcycle once my dad and I clean up a few things on it. 1968 Honda CL350K Scrambler.

honda01.jpg

honda07.jpg

Next up: a 1973 Honda CB350G (front disc!).

Next up after that: my girlfriend moving out because she's sick of me buying motorcycles/motorcycle parts.

well their talking about the temps getting into the mid 40's - 50 degrees this week, may be time to fire up the ol harley again ... she's had a long nap this year, and getting very anxious to hit the road again.

just got her relicenced so she's good for two more years ... still have to replace the rear tire (SOON). :(

Riding seasons coming - riding seasons coming YEAH! :brows:

Still got my 2001 Honda Shadow, it's currently hanging out in the garage till winter decides to leave Chicago. Almost bought a Triumph Speedmaster last year, seeing Sawyers Triumphs is making me yet again regret not doing it.

However, what I really want nowadays is the Nightster

pnwspxl1200ndomc01swsw1md9.th.jpg

It looks so damn good in person