What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm looking forward to going home so I can fire up HotU and get into Undermountain.
Did you like how they did Undermountain? I thought it was terrible. ;)

Match these four colors, find these four chains, pull the 4 handles in this order. Halaster's Dungeon was portrayed rather poorly. What a let down.

I agree with you. Undermountain is tedious and everything short of epic. I'm only looking forward to getting down there because it's one step closer to the Underdark, where the fun really begins. The only semi-funny part is how Bioware coded the various henchmen to run headlong into death, a nod toward Bioware's own pathetic henchman AI. (I really, really hope they hired Tony K or another competant AI coder to do the AI in Dragon Age, or we're going to have another game full of NPC stupidity on our hands.)

KoTOR1! I play this game every 2 years about. This is my 3es time through it. Fun fun, i like to see how much differently it runs on my new system too. Not a stutter at high res. Playing a male scout, just landed on Dantooine. Bastila Can't get enough, shes all over me. I'm playing with the Revan Mask+ 2.0 mod that adds a few extras here and there. Solid game, I love how the dialog is so important, and the choices make a difference.

Zaalbar seems practically useless, do you people give that brute a gun or sword? He deserves a a giant sledge hammer really. I want to see skin particles fly when he hits those foos!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

KoTOR1! I play this game every 2 years about. This is my 3es time through it. Fun fun, i like to see how much differently it runs on my new system too. Not a stutter at high res. Playing a male scout, just landed on Dantooine. Bastila Can't get enough, shes all over me. I'm playing with the Revan Mask+ 2.0 mod that adds a few extras here and there. Solid game, I love how the dialog is so important, and the choices make a difference.

Zaalbar seems practically useless, do you people give that brute a gun or sword? He deserves a a giant sledge hammer really. I want to see skin particles fly when he hits those foos!

I don't recall using Zaalbar at all. That walking carpet was just a part of the Ebon Hawk's furniture for most of the time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Never used zaalbar either. I never really liked wookies either, everyone was always like YEAH WOOKIES SO KEWL DAWG and [i']d be like plotting to break their knee caps and push them down a cellar because i hate wookies because they are lame as hell. I'd much rather have a cat man who weilds a lightsaber.

But in more lamer news in Overlord I faced off with the mighty kahn and got completely raped into oblivion. First off those floating eye guys are so completely [awful] they piss me off. Its so annoying waiting for them to get near the edge then those bomb thrower ninjas kill all your greens with one hit. But mostly it[']s pretty [annoying] when theres bad pathing and your like stuck and kahn has a splash attack that might as well explode the whole world and there[']s no escape. Luckily I have arcanium everything so I'm able to pwn dudes pretty easy but even against kahn I do pretty measly damage. :p

Edited by metadigital
prejudice

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Finally got through Undermountain but stopped short of freeing Halaster (was getting late). The first level of Undermountain is largely a waste of time (would benefit from more encounters and things to do in all that space), but I enjoyed exploring the lower levels.

There's an XP bug on Undermountain level 1: do the south area first (grab the demolition barrel in the Fairy Queen's treasury) and use the rods (you can find all but red) to clear a path around the red pillars, walk to the level 2 entrance to gain 2000 XP and a journal entry. Now backtrack and go to the north area of level 1 and make your way to the blocked level 2 entrance in the ogre's room. Blast the debris out of the way to gain another 2000 XP. If you blast the debris before opening a path through the colored pillars you won't be able to exploit this bug because the levers will be disabled.

I imported my character from SoU so I had shadow gems, the mirror, and several other nifty items. Also had all the bags, which were upgraded to the 60% reduced weight variety. There was 10 pages of stuff to sort through, so I was thankful I had my genie merchant handy. Now I'm wearing the Shifting Sands boots again, mwahaha. Gotta remember to stock up on cold resistant items in preparation for Cania.

Hell yeah.

SS2. Operations Deck. Bulkhead 43. Polito's office. WHOOOM Heck-awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hell yeah.

I haven't gotten through SS2 yet, i should pick this up again. I have the game. I really need to beat all the games i own! I have Civ4 collecting dust, NWN2, SS2. I will end up beating them though! I'm very persistent! Ask my boss, i take Wednesday off making my work week only 4 days long hahahaha. Everyone is so envious because they don't have the balls to do the same.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I beat overlord. The final level wasn't that great but the ending cinematic was pretty funny. As a whole I'd have to say this game was just average. The atmosphere, concept and art direction was nice but the gameplay had some pretty significant problems. It seemed like the pretty much 3/4ths of the game you were completely dependent on your minions then once you get arcanium gear you can dominate completely by yourself. While there were a lot of different enemies to face off against the combat system was simple but still wrought with problems. Pathing, AI, and control problems made combat at times extremely frustrating. Like when your greens jump on the back of a floating eye then 6 of them jump off onto an adjacent ledge that is completely blocked off with rubble, thats real nice. Or your left clicking for your minions to attack, you take your finger off, and you go to call them back and it goes into minion control mode and about half of your entire army is destroyed in one hit. And of course tedious levels filled back tracking and using different minions and spells being kind of useless just totally don't help out at all. Either way it kept my interest and squashed my boredom, and all for free. 0 corruption

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hell yeah.

I really wish I could play SS2 again like it was the first time.... :sad:

I guess this is why I'm really looking forward to Bioshock.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was actually already spoiled, but I never thought the encounter was gonna be like that!

Me and my friend are playing this simultaneously and we both are flabbergasted at Operations Deck, me with my ton of cybernetics and a grenade launcher and he with his assault rifle and tons of brawn.

This game has easily gone into my top ten. Frekking awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Fallout 2. I think I will have my character be diplomatic with good charisma. And carry big guns. :sorcerer:

Big Guns are a good backup when Diplomacy and Charisma fails :sorcerer:

Playing a bit of BG1 again.

I played a fighter which changed into a thief in BG2 in my very first completed game of BG1 a long time ago. This time I am playing a fighter which I intend to dual class into a wizard before leaving BG1.

Also dusted off a game of X-Com 3 which is almost finished. I almost finished blowing up one of the last remaining buildings in the alien dimentison when they finished me... I am just a sucker when it comes to remembering saving games in those old games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Always remember...

SAVE THE GAME! THEN SAVE THE WORLD!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Fallout 2. I think I will have my character be diplomatic with good charisma. And carry big guns. :sorcerer:

Big Guns are a good backup when Diplomacy and Charisma fails :sorcerer:

You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.

Al Capone.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hell yeah.

Sends chills down my spine.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Mus? are you playing SS2 with those graphic updates (rebirth or whatever it was) or not? Just curious.

Since my comp still is dead I've succumbed into consoles and have been playing 007 From Russia with Love's multiplayer with my friend. Actually great fun, but how can you ever accurately snipe with pad, geez

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Mus? are you playing SS2 with those graphic updates (rebirth or whatever it was) or not? Just curious.

I wouldn't recommend rebirth, most of these models look actually silly and less scary. But there's a texture mod, and some other model mod for the AIs and weapons. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of the package... but it definitely wasn't Rebirth fur sure.

And yes SHODANs voice is pure erotic bliss. Terry Brosius also dubbed Viconia from Thief2, the female pilot from DXIW, and other LGS/Ionstorm/Irrational legacy games. I wonder what she's doing now.

There is a Rebirth 2 mod out (can't find the link) now, which makes the models a bit more scarier. For example, the midwife has been adjusted for a more natural, scary version.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hmm, well, I kinda tried to not spoil the moment in my post for people that have yet to play the game. There are those, as was examplified by me. :teehee: But yes, Shodan is awesome.

Yeah, I'm playing with the Rebirth and SHTUP(the texture upgrade project), but Rebirth is the redone version, called Complemented, with the faceless metal monster midwives, not the Polish supermodel midwives. A lot of stuff has been redone to look more like the originals were in concept. Not a bad pack, and I feel like I'm playing a 2003 game, instead of a 99 game. Midwives are freaking scary, heh.

That said, I sort of wish I had played this in 00 instead of now, I'm so spoiled on things to come and hype sort of killed some things for me, since I was waiting a bit more on various features, especially the whole security thing. I expected more of a Deus Ex functionality. It's not bad, great actually, but I thought it was going to be somewhat different.

By the by, what's in that GamePig? It needs a hack of 6 to open.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Sadly, i never tried either. I've never played SS2 with the hacker-class.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I have one ICE-pick.

Trying now...

Edit: Seems to open more games. Maybe all. Meh, I was waiting for an easter egg.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said: