What are you playing now?

Darque

Overlord.

It's been kind of fun so far, although this stuff about the halflings being evil is just dumb. It isn't half as fun to slaughter hobbits when they're evil. Stupid designers.

Anyway, I just hit a stupid bug in the food retrieving quest. It is supposed to have a good (idiotic devs) and an evil option to finish the quest, but the evil option is, apparently, impossible to accomplish due to a pathfinding issue. I am not happy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Finished NWN's OC over the weekend. It's really a shame that HotU didn't take off after events in the OC, and take into consideration we can import our OC character. I saved Aribeth and she all but proclaimed love for my character before I stepped into the source stone (and Nasher was considering letting her live), but that's all tossed aside in HotU. Sure, she's friendly with the hero after he revives her, but there's no connection with past events, and I'm not satisfied with the game's reason for her being in Cania, especially after what I accomplished with her and Nasher in the OC.

Currently playing SoU for only my second time. I actually like it for the most part, though it suffers from lots of running around (even with the ring) and a few cave systems that display IWD's "gotta fill all that space" design style. Now I have the Shifting Sands boots that let me run like lightning (and cast Earthquake), so it's not so bad. I just recovered the Wise Wind (love the ambient noises in the ancient library) in Undrentide and am almost finished with this campaign. No hirelings in either the OC or SoU, they just slow me down.

After this it's on to HotU and good times (Aribeth issues aside). If I had one annoyance with HotU it would be in Cania where we take constant cold damage while outdoors, even if we're wearing enough protection to negate the damage. The noise it makes gets on my nerves big time. (/kicks Bioware) On the plus side, I slow down and bring Nathyrra along. Her VO actress has a great voice.

Anyway, I just hit a stupid bug in the food retrieving quest. It is supposed to have a good (idiotic devs) and an evil option to finish the quest, but the evil option is, apparently, impossible to accomplish due to a pathfinding issue. I am not happy.

Really? Never ran into a problem there. What did they get stuck on? Did you try controlling them manually (Target them with left trigger then use right control stick to move them)?

Really? Never ran into a problem there. What did they get stuck on? Did you try controlling them manually (Target them with left trigger then use right control stick to move them)?

Yes, I did. They didn't move at all. Once the minions carrying the food reach the position in front of the peasants, the only place they can move to is the platform where you leave the food for the peasants. I've checked Codemaster's forums, and I'm not the only one suffering from this problem. I guess I'll have to wait for a patch...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes, I did. They didn't move at all. Once the minions carrying the food reach the position in front of the peasants, the only place they can move to is the platform where you leave the food for the peasants. I've checked Codemaster's forums, and I'm not the only one suffering from this problem. I guess I'll have to wait for a patch...

Couldn't find anything at the forums myself, but maybe I just looked in the wrong spot. But if you've killed all the peasants and they still won't move forward then I have no idea. :aiee:

I got to the part where you kill the paladin magician dude and I chose the good girl over the bad girl....I have a feeling I;ve made a grave error in my ways. :aiee:

On the bright side I got the second smelter and i figured out how to change spells!

Btw whats a rough estimate of how many minions im going to need to have an epic set of armour and weapons?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I got to the part where you kill the paladin magician dude and I chose the good girl over the bad girl....I have a feeling I;ve made a grave error in my ways. :aiee:

On the bright side I got the second smelter and i figured out how to change spells!

Btw whats a rough estimate of how many minions im going to need to have an epic set of armour and weapons?

I think for Arcanium it comes out to 3500 minions if you want everything fully upgraded. 1500 if you just want the armour and weapon upgraded.

Ok, I got NCAA 08...

I started on the Campus Legend mode, which basically lets you create a player and take them through an entire career. You start out in High School playing for the State Championship. It's a pretty fun 4 game tournament, and scouts come out and watch you play. I played well enough to get offers from pretty much every university, although some were 3rd and 4th string offers. I decided to join Rutgers as their second string QB. Practices are actually important now, you have to earn a certain amount of points in practice in order to move up the depth chart. It took me a week and a half to earn the starter spot. I haven't played my first college game yet.

One great new feature is that you can fast forward through any plays that you aren't in, and it's super fast, not painful like Madden 07's superstar mode. This means games fly by. I can now play an entire game in about 20 minutes.

I got to the part where you kill the paladin magician dude and I chose the good girl over the bad girl....I have a feeling I;ve made a grave error in my ways. :(

I think for Arcanium it comes out to 3500 minions if you want everything fully upgraded. 1500 if you just want the armour and weapon upgraded.

so thats the 1500, then like 500 of each?

Also can i get a hint as to where to go now. I'm in golden hills and I don't know where to go. I've been through the mine and I found that large drinking party and you can see across this valley to where another village is, and the only thing conncting is a bunch of pipes that the minions can't go on. Is there somewhere in the mine that I missed or something? I fought the giant slugs and got all the gold caches.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I got to the part where you kill the paladin magician dude and I chose the good girl over the bad girl....I have a feeling I;ve made a grave error in my ways. :(

so thats the 1500, then like 500 of each?

Something like that. For the weapon and armour you'll want to figure out which bonuses you want to add as each minion type has a different corresponding bonus. The helmet on the other hand only has one bonus so it doesn't matter what type of minions you use in that.

EDIT: As for where to go next, there should be a path beyond the mine. It should be just to the left.

Edited by Deraldin

I went that way but the door is closed...

i was playing my really old nintendo. i opted not to play duck hunt bc the dog infuriates me so much. but iplayed zelda, mad max ( the game is as boring as the movie), mario andi tried to play star something but igot confused/ ahh goood times. i love those ancient gaming systems :D

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

wow, thats so retarded. Thanks man. I was looking at that and I was left clicking them to go to it to see if they could pick it up but i guess you gotta target it. What a bunch of bs.

Ok, I got NCAA 08...

I started on the Campus Legend mode, which basically lets you create a player and take them through an entire career. You start out in High School playing for the State Championship. It's a pretty fun 4 game tournament, and scouts come out and watch you play. I played well enough to get offers from pretty much every university, although some were 3rd and 4th string offers. I decided to join Rutgers as their second string QB. Practices are actually important now, you have to earn a certain amount of points in practice in order to move up the depth chart. It took me a week and a half to earn the starter spot. I haven't played my first college game yet.

One great new feature is that you can fast forward through any plays that you aren't in, and it's super fast, not painful like Madden 07's superstar mode. This means games fly by. I can now play an entire game in about 20 minutes.

The 08 version on PS3 and 360 are finally getting some good reviews. I will stick with 07 another year and then upgrade next year. I just wish they would put this on the PC. Madden 07 on the PC was the best version of Madden I have ever played.

as i progress through BG again, yet another gripe has reared its ugly head. this is not so much restricted to BG, rather, most crpgs seem to suffer this fate. in particular, the random number generator SUCKS DONKEY NUGGETS! dang it's bad. i recall it sucked in BG2 as well (not as much) and ToEE, and... the list goes on.

we were in the area where you get out of the nashkel mines. an area i had to reload half a dozen times because the number sequence was in "good for enemies" mode. imoen gets hit by skeletons tossing darts. imoen had 23 hit points. two hits later, yes, two hits, and she's down to 2. apparently they criticalled on both. these dart lobbers then proceeded to severely wound the rest of my party, nearly killing my main dude. i reloaded.

hopefully now that PCs are getting more powerful, developers will see fit to implement something OTHER than the "quick -n- dirty" method used in that C recipes book running around the web. a mersenne twister probably will suffice. the problem with the quick -n- dirty is that successive "rolls" are highly correlated, particularly depending upon how the numbers are created. you get long strings of 0, 0, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4... etc., followed by long strings at the high end (like a sinusoidal swing from one end to the other). if you enter into a moderate fight with the low end on your characters, and the high end on the baddies, "death to you all!!!" grrr. of course the flip side is that you'll also walk into other fights that you should never win, completely wiping the baddies out in a few rounds. tit for tat i suppose.

anyway, that's my game rant for the day.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

taks-

that sounds like the reason sand was able to turn a giant dragon into a tribble and hit it with a basic fireball to kill it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hear ya. It worked the other way for me in BG2 and gave my character two or three successive rolls of 20 on his attacks. And it did this more than once in quick succession. I've had similar issues in Diablo 2, where I could play forever without finding anything, and then get into a game where I'd fill my inventory with gold and green items in a short time.

There are plenty of fast random number generators out there, for free even, that do a better job of being random. For something like a CRPG where die values tend to be inside a small range (largest range is 1 to 100 I think), we need a good (and fast) random number generator.

I'm looking forward to going home so I can fire up HotU and get into Undermountain. For me, becoming powerful and famous isn't as fun as spoiling the plans of evildoers.

I'm looking forward to going home so I can fire up HotU and get into Undermountain.
Did you like how they did Undermountain? I thought it was terrible. :thumbsup:

Match these four colors, find these four chains, pull the 4 handles in this order. Halaster's Dungeon was portrayed rather poorly. What a let down.

taks-

that sounds like the reason sand was able to turn a giant dragon into a tribble and hit it with a basic fireball to kill it.

probably. there's been plenty of discussion on the PRNGs used in crpgs, and i typically throw my nickel's worth into the fray given my experience with them. the kinds i'm using, however, particular the one built-in to matlab, are too slow for the amount of numbers that need to be generated in games.

everything i've read indicates the mersenne twister is a good candidate. reasonably fast and very random.

taks

I feel your pain. I have absolutely horrible luck with RNGs. I played a year long PnP campaign using OpenRPG and I swear that dice roller was possessed. In 13 months of playtime I passed 3 saving throws. I kept track of them. One was a reflex saving throw that I managed to somehow roll a 20 (one of two!). Another was a will save to break free from a hold spell. My sorcerer took 5 rounds to roll something larger than a 3. By the time I managed to break the spell I had already been bound and gagged after the rest of the party escaped out a 2nd floor window. The third save was another reflex save to grab the edge of a roof before falling the 50 feet to the ground below.

The RNG didn't just screw me over on saving throws, but on any and all rolls! 9d6 fireball? You get 15 damage. 4D6+4 for a magic missle? 12 damage. Need a 4 to hit that bad guy? You roll a 2. It was so very infuriating. The worst part was that it only hated me. For anyone else it was pretty average. If I used it, it would roll low, if someone was rolling against me it would roll high!

Still playing Overlord. Got to the Sand city portion of the game and I have to say it blows pretty hardcore. Those giant tunnelers piss me off. Not only are there like 10 of them in each sand pit, it takes 2 of those bugs to kill them so you spend like a ton of time trying to kill them and of course at one major part they only give you one nest and one bug at a time to kill them and even so they place it as far as possible so you can't even reach some places. Talk about bastardiceness.

i have not noticed this with NWN2, but overall, if you aren't in hard core rules, it's a pretty easy game to begin with. particularly since you never risk death at level 1, advancing to 3rd level rather quickly. with 3E rules, some things are a bit easier anyway.

taks