What are you playing now?

Darque

Just some Oblivion for my part, for the time being.

Has anyone here actually finished this game?

Yeah. Monk-type, didn't dally on most of the sidequests, finished the game at level 9 easily, what with the scaling system. Apparently the forces of Hell could only spare weak scamps to stop me from foiling their plans.

Is that even possible? Even if one joins and becomes the headmaster for each guild, and talks to every useless ruffian that there is and doing their quests, only to charm some daedric gods and the nine + becomes the champion of Cyrodiil, there's still some Ayleid ruin, a cave or mine that has been repopulated by some baddies that need to be killed.

It's a good way to kill time until some new game comes around though :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah. Monk-type, didn't dally on most of the sidequests, finished the game at level 9 easily, what with the scaling system. Apparently the forces of Hell could only spare weak scamps to stop me from foiling their plans.

I tried the monk type. I never get too with him.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I beat oblibion also, with the expansion pack side quests also. Ohhhhh yea. I thinjk i finished at level 34. The most valuable skill was illusion. Turn invisible and do a sneak strike with an enchanted weapon. Or you a firebll staff that makes everyone fal within a good distance.

I was kinda dissapointed in the reward for beating the game, boo.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I did. The most interesting (read: only) area of the game is right before the final one and can only be accessed for a limited time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Anywho, I'm playing BG2 and no matter what I do I can't seem to eliminate the memory leak in the Windspear Hills dungeon. I may have to reinstall the game.

There aren't "memory leaks" in areas, but there can be scripts that become stuck in loops that kill performance. On my older computer some areas managed to kill performance due to the number of sounds they had playing at one time. The game plays well on modern computers, but the engine isn't very efficient with its resources. Unless you know IE scripting and are familiar with the contents of any mods you have installed, I doubt you'll find the problem. But I'm 99.9% sure it's a script issue.

I played HL2 last night, for lack of a desire to do anything but shoot things. I modified one or two config variables that give me grass/shrubs as far as the eye can see (further in this game than in NWN2, that's for sure), and it looks nice (no screenshot; I thought about it but didn't get beyond that). It always bothered me that I could only see grass out to about 60 feet, with new grass popping into view as I was traveling. Not anymore. Well, it still pops into view now, but so far away I can't see it happening. Certainly helps eliminate the naked terrain look.

I tried the monk type. I never get too with him.

The difficult part was that you had to be a journeyman in h2h before you started doing damage with your fists to things that require magic weapons, thus up until about 8th level I was using a blunt weapon I wasn't that great with. In Morrowind, you always had that ability by default. It was fun to go out and get into fistfights with ghosts.

Just reinstalled BG2, installed all the mods I had - Fixpack and the problem seems to have been eliminated.

Edited by Pop

Just reinstalled BG2, installed all the mods I had - Fixpack and the problem seems to have been eliminated.

The Fixpack is a nice idea, but like Baldurdash before it, it's not without bugs of it's own. That's why I prefer to make my own fixes. I don't distribute because everyone's stuck in a WeiDU mindset, but I don't believe bugfixes should be installed with WeiDU; they should be installed first, and if they're done right, they should never be uninstalled.

Edited by Wistrik

im going to play the warriors since blood money is pissing me off since i got very far on the dance with the devil level but when i got killed i accidentaly pressed restart and then i could not load the game

Edited by chris the jedi killer

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

IWD2, I started a couple of weeks ago (the first ie game in a looong time), and I stopped after the second level of Battle Squares in the Ice Fortress last night. So I'm cruising along pretty nicely.

I actually thought I couldn't play an ie game anymore, but I'm having fun. Next will be to see if I can play an older ie game like BG. I hope so. :ermm:

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Im finished Oblivion and SE,now playing Warcraft 3 tft and The Ship!

Space Rangers 2(Or Kosmicheskie Reindgeri 2) still makes me happy!

Edited by Cthulhu

Ohhh YES!MEDVED!VODKA!BALALAYKA!

----not all russians are mad bears----

Im finished Oblivion and SE,now playing Warcraft 3 tft and The Ship!

Space Rangers 2(Or Kosmicheskie Reindgeri 2) still makes me happy!

DOOMED!

I didn't say you were doomed.

I'm merely saying that your presence is a portent that the rest of us are DOOMED, Mr. Cthulhu.

I was playing age of mythology since i was super bored and i started the campaign and just finished it. Pretty bad.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm guessing you mean Hammer & Sickle. I haven't, but Silent Storm was great fun.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: