What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm still only at the commencement of the Fallout Tactics campaign. The mission is to liberate the city of Quincy from Beastlords and it is proving delightfully combat-lite when compared to the previous mission which was pretty much just my medic running around with a shotgun, killing a ton of roaches. Deathclaws are hellishly hard by the way. At least, hellishly hard when compared to raiders. And it's not like any creature in the game can't be defeated by breaking it's limbs and then blinding it, no matter how many tons of hitpoints it has.

So far, a fun game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I was promised Technicolor.

New thread, so I'll update my current plans.

Finish Chrono Trigger.

-I'm right before Lavos doing side quests for levelups and equipment.

Replay Chrono Cross.

-Absolutely loved the game the first time through. The fact that it's done by a lot of the same people as Xenogears and Xenosaga doesn't hurt, either.

Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

-Started twice, never gotten far.

Play Final Fantasy IV - VI

-I have them all for Game Boy Advance and Playstation, plus VI for SNES (released as III).

-Never finished any of them, barely touched any but VI.

Replay Legend of Dragoon.

-Loved it.

Replay Xenogears.

-My number one game of all time.

Finish No One Lives Forever 2

Finish Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Play Condemned: Criminal Origins

And this is just the current schedule. I've got plenty else in the "want to play" "never finished" backlogs.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Now concentrating on finishing Baldur's Gate, just reached the large city gonna gain a level or two than off to Durlag's Tower.

Zombie jesus, I hate you.

I had just forgotten I was playing Baldur's Gate and you had to remind me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was promised Technicolor.

Actually, you were promised "Technocolor," which I assume means "lit entirely by glowsticks."

I've momentarily tired of my M2TW campaign as Sicily (of course, the first time I play as Sicily is also the first time I've ever seen Venice and Milan ally with each other), so I fired up NWN2 again. Playing as a Human CG cleric of Sune.

bg1 and iwd1. sigh, the oldies but goodies. i need to bring up nwn2 again as i did enjoy that. the last time through i borked act II by finishing and moving on before i got my cool merchants set up in the castle. no prior save so i have to start over.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Deathclaws are hellishly hard by the way. At least, hellishly hard when compared to raiders. And it's not like any creature in the game can't be defeated by breaking it's limbs and then blinding it, no matter how many tons of hitpoints it has.

So far, a fun game.

Oh yeah? Wait for the mission after next.

What happens then?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

If you thought deathclaws were difficult in comparison to the previous enemies, you're going to be pissed.

Anywho, I'm playing BG2 and no matter what I do I can't seem to eliminate the memory leak in the Windspear Hills dungeon. I may have to reinstall the game.

Edited by Pop

Ah, probably mutants. No problem there, if Fallout 2 "tactics" apply.

I'll just invest in heavy weapons skills with the next level ups.

kirottu said:

I've been thinking of picking up Fallout Tactics, Mus?. I take it from your praise that I should do so soon... if I can find it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I would be playing Overlord if stupid stores would put the game on the shelf when they actually get it. You hear me Futureshop? I know you get your shipments Tuesday mornings. I used to help unload them!

I've been thinking of picking up Fallout Tactics, Mus?. I take it from your praise that I should do so soon... if I can find it.

Tactics gets a bad rap amongst the Fallout faithful. It's not a bad game, it just lacks the humor of the other Fallout games, and obviously, the roleplaying. Aside from the design of some of the energy weapons it also largely lacks the retrofuture aspects of Fallout. As a whole the game has more of a Mad Max air to it than anything else, to a greater degree than the other games. It's really oppressively dark.

But it's not a bad tactical combat game by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, I've been meaning to play Tactics for years. haha. Literally years.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I've been playing WoW and NWN2 at home as I get the chance. NWN2 if I'm playing alone. WoW if I'm playing with friends.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Medieval 2: Total War, rathering disappointing to tell you guys the truth. It's way too much like Rome, the graphics even look the same, and with Rome there was Total Realism mod.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Who would name their character after a car?!?!?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Just some Oblivion for my part, for the time being.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy