KOTOR 2: Sith Lord

Kotor2's release will coincide with Episode 3 so it wouldn't surprise me if you play Vader. It's the perfect opportunity for a cash-in, and LucasArts don't miss out on them too often.

uhg

I wouldn't be buying it then :lol:

If this is true then its Delaware which is a good thing. The last thing I want to see Obsidian do is a Bioware hand-me-down.

You don't say.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Kotor2's release will coincide with Episode 3 so it wouldn't surprise me if you play Vader. It's the perfect opportunity for a cash-in, and LucasArts don't miss out on them too often.

:)

I certainly hope not.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

The chances of my purchasing a sequel drop dramatically the moment I verify that Lucas is doing the development. I think the last Lucasarts game I actually enjoyed was Grim Fandango. On the other hand, I will keep looking out for it just in case I hear some good news. I was wary of KoTOR and it turned out to be an awesome game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Interesting that the developer is listed as Lucasarts. Given that KoToR1 was developed by Bioware, I don't think that KoToR2 would be developed inhouse by Lucasarts -- Which leads me to believe that Project Deleware is indeed KoToR2, developed by Obsidian, with a sub-license from Lucasarts.

I just pray that the sequal, if indeed it is being done by obsidian as we all think and hope(yes I said 'all', I refuse to recognize those that feel otherwise), has nothing to do with episodes 1-6. I'm hoping for an original story.

However, I have heard a rumor that LucasArts is planning a game that has you playing as Vadar; although, it is an unsubstantiated rumor at best.

I'm expecting great things from Obsidian.

I hope everybody realises that ALL sites such as those - even big ones like amazon and ebgames - are notorious for making up anything they need or want. Baldur's Gate 3 on shelves with full release dates, name tags, and whatnot. It's most likely anything on such a site is simple crap somebody thought up in 2 seconds.

No, I'm not being cynical or sarcastic, for once. :)

Well they have managed to confuse things somewhat if nothing else.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Tigranes has got it.

There is such anticipation for KotOR 2 that retailers like this will pull a subtitle out of left field and wait for trigger-happy consumers to bite. As information becomes available, they'll change the developer and subtitle as necessary, but by then they've already got a long list of credit card numbers to bill. Happy, happy for them.

Now, had they chosen "Sith Empire," "Sith Remnant," or any other marginally plausable sub-title, I might pause two full seconds to contemplate whether there was more to this, but as it stands, it's a shot in the dark - and an obviously poor one.

These guys are just hedging their bets on a likely-to-be-released title and setting a likely-to-be-accurate retail price. I'm willing to bet the developer and title on that item will change in the near future. You know - when they actually know more than everyone currently does.

how do you do a sequel to KoTOR2 with the same character?

at the end of the game you're either a hero of the republic or a sith lord. doesn't seem to me that there's any neutral starting point between those 2 positions.

i'm not doubting that Bio will do another KoTOR-type game under the Star Wars franchise. but i doubt it can be a proper sequel to the first one.

dumber than a bag of hammers

You are HK-47. A droid with a mission (mission, not Mission), if you could just remember what that mission is... :p

Oh yes, kill meatbags, find master B)

Would make a nice competitor for FO:BOS ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You are HK-47. A droid with a mission (mission, not Mission), if you could just remember what that mission is... :p

Oh yes, kill meatbags, find master B)

Would make a nice competitor for FO:BOS ;)

heh... sounds like the begining of a FPS B)

That's a trick that will lose it's sheen quickly....

as though it had any to begin with.

i liked KoTOR but the whole "you're actually a sith lord who lost his memory" was hokey as hell.

It would have worked better if they hadn't dropped so many clues.

The moment Carth babbles about how the force can wipe your mind I knew something was up. There were so many clues I would have been more surprised if I hadn't been Revan in a past life.

Have any of the devs confirmed this?

Imo HK-47's the only NPC that would realistically fit into a sequel without too much trouble explaining backstory etc. Just have the droid's memory wiped (fairly common once changing owners) or something.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Actually you have 3 NPCs that could make the transfer.

HK-47 and T3 (droids don't age... and the aforementioned memory wipe thing)

Sadly..... Zaalbar the brainless... (wookies live a loooooooooooooong time)

Of course if they jump ahead a thousand years or so... no wookie... but the droids might still be around.

I seriously hope the droids don't get carried over as some kind of homage or any character at all that can make the leap like Vandar(yoda-like), I think that would be terrible.

I think the aspect of Kotor2 and obsidian in general that I look forward to most is the chance of quality CRPGs that aren't packed to the gills with Dave Gaider's goofy humor. Nothing against Dave but his style is very obvious and gets cumbersome.

The moment Carth babbles about how the force can wipe your mind I knew something was up. There were so many clues I would have been more surprised if I hadn't been Revan in a past life.

i remember the mind-wiping remark, but it seemed utterly silly that my newbie green recruit could actually be a sith lord.

nothing that happened later on in the game made me change my mind on that either.