Really annoying graphics bug

Take a look at this: http://www.xn--holmstrm-t4a.net/pics/NWN2_...1807_172354.jpg

This happens with almost every game I try to play now, I frist noticed it while playing Stalker on the "military warehouses" area but now its started to appear in Nwn2 and Ive just tried Marvel Ultimate alliance aswell. Whats wrong? I suspect a driver error

My setup:

BFG Geforce 7900GTX with 94.24 drivers

Asus P5B-E Plus P965

Intel E6600

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That artifact has happened to me when I have been playing a game for a long time ... memory fragged and heat troubles. A shutdown (and a cup of tea before rebooting) tends to help.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I doubt its overheating, my card idles at 45C and full load about 70C, my old 6800 ran alot hotter than that without probs

The only other time Ive seen this was with my Laptops crappy ATI x700 card, but updating the drivers made it go away to never come back again.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Your Geforce is toast, welcome to the club. That fragmentation and stretching is definetly from overheating.

I had a similar issue and it was solved only when I acquired a new 3d accelerator.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No, it's not. Ive just played about an hour of Rainbow Six: Vegas which uses the Unreal3 engine and thus is a hell of alot more demanding on the GFX than NWN2 and it works fine ;)

And in STALKER, it only bugs out in certain locations in areas. Others go without a hitc

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Are you still using XP? I've heard the Vista drivers are far from usable ... purple terrain in Oblivion for example.

If it isn't overheating, and the GPU is performing as expected in other games, then it must be the drivers. ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I reverted back to 91-something and that got rid off the Problem in Marvel:Ultimate Alliance, Ill get around to trying the rest later.

..and I cant use Vista if i want to be able to do anything with the computer, MAX, XSI and Zbrush3 all perform like crap under it.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

I just installed the 94.24 drivers. Oddly enough they claimed lack of XP certification for my 7950GT despite being shown under the 79xx > XP/2000 category. Time will tell if this set of drivers causes me trouble. NWN2 is probably the most GPU-intensive game I play, but it hasn't been able to hold my interest for more than a few minutes at a time so I doubt I'll run into trouble there. If I do see anything like what you've experienced, I'll roll back; 93.71 was working just fine.

I watched a 2-hour DVD after installing the newer drivers, and that went without a hitch.

I reverted back to 91-something and that got rid off the Problem in Marvel:Ultimate Alliance, Ill get around to trying the rest later.

..and I cant use Vista if i want to be able to do anything with the computer, MAX, XSI and Zbrush3 all perform like crap under it.

I think it would be fairer to say that MAX just performs like crap.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I rolled back to 93.71 and the whole machine seems to run smoother and faster--haven't run NWN2 yet, but I picked up a good 4-5 fps in OB. Guess I should've thought of that when I started to get the same kind of artifacts you described (I ran only ATI cards for years, after all; they were the king of buggy drivers), but after the last format/fresh install I just went for the latest. Bah.