Fingerjig

LadyCrimson

Fun little waste of time someone posted elsewhere. Requires flash.

http://www.jonmiles.co.uk/fingerjig.php

I managed 851,765 on the first try, I'll be interested to see if I can make it higher.

Words that are instantly recognizable to you are much faster to type, and for me, the left hand is much better at finding letters on a keyboard than the right - despite my being right-handed. Wonder what the explanation for that might be ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm horrible at this test. I only managed 300k points. I make a lot of typing mistakes as I go along, but most of them are deleted almost as soon as I realize that I've made them. I know when I've hit a key that I didn't mean to hit and my hand instantly reaches for the backspace before I consciously think about it. Really screws me over on tests like this.

wow.....i am a horrible typer.... 100k :)

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

I haven't been able to get a much better score - some friends have done about 1.5 million. :)

I actually do the worst during the segment that makes you type one letter at a time. My typing often seems to be from 'repetitous auto-finger memory' rather than a solid memorization of 'where the keys are' so things that aren't real words make me stumble. I used to be a better typist, but ... meh. Plus my fingers have a hard time stretching for things like the p - it makes the index finger fall off it's own letter, that sort of thing. *mumble*

And meta, I think the most commonly used vowels/letters are indeed on the (edit: left) side of keyboards. Interesting. The history of the modern keyboard arrangement might be an interesting read; I'll have to do some Googling.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Funny you should mention finger memory. While typing up my last post, my finger was convinced that there should be an "A" at the end of change. I typed "chanage", "changae" and "changea" twice each before I could stop myself from adding the "A". :)

Funny you should mention finger memory. While typing up my last post, my finger was convinced that there should be an "A" at the end of change. I typed "chanage", "changae" and "changea" twice each before I could stop myself from adding the "A". >_<

I'm the same with particular words, I nearly always include an extra letter that I know isn't supposed to be there. I also do the backspace thing.

321k ... i have to look at the keyboard as i type. i took a typing class in high school, but that was over 20 years ago. Thing i remember best about that class was my teacher. she was very well endowed, which probably should have made me better at not looking at the keyboard as i typed... sigh, oh well.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I got 245k. My biggest problem is that even after I've made a mistake, I still type the word until the end, resulting in like 6 mistakes in a row.

Edit: 331k. A bit better.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I got 245k. My biggest problem is that even after I've made a mistake, I still type the word until the end, resulting in like 6 mistakes in a row.

Edit: 331k. A bit better.

Same thing. Got 493K first time. I try again soon

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think the most commonly used vowels/letters are indeed on the (edit: left) side of keyboards. Interesting. The history of the modern keyboard arrangement might be an interesting read; I'll have to do some Googling.

The QWERTY typwriter keyboard was designed to put the most used letters separate and in more awkward positions ... to help limit the stress on the graticule from the metal keys. August Dvorak created a much better design, and until very recently (with in the last decade was the last time I checked) IBM would ship you a Dvorak keyboard for no extra charge instead of a Qwerty. It was for this reason (amongst others :() that I obstinately refused to learn to touch type until a few years ago.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It was for this reason (amongst others :() that I obstinately refused to learn to touch type until a few years ago.

Would one of the reasons be that since you're not a person and are instead a sentient program, you don't natively have fingers or a sense of touch?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

One reason was that I was waiting for a better I/O process.

Are we there yet?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."