Games you are looking forward to

Darque

I don't know why, but this picture made me really want to go back to the zone:

clearsky02.jpg

It's just the main menu :ermm: Weird.

Of course, it's GSC making it so it'll be here in 2012 and not feature half of what was once promised.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

One of the games I'm looking forward to is Dead Island by Techland (of Chrome, Xpend Rally etc. fame). I read a pretty good interview recently that I thought I'd share. I'm pretty sure it'll increase the (so far non-existent) hype surrounding this game on these boards:

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/04/1...zombie-killing/

dead_island_interview-02.jpg

I can - just read The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z for ideas. Of course, I doubt that the combat will be like it is in those two books, but a game based on either one would be great if properly made.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Disgusting GTA4 review, but:

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Finally a reason to cheer for the poor PS3 owners, huh?

Anyhow, the game got 10/10 on IGN and OXM (whatever that is). Since both those reviews are both out before the embargo drops (Sunday this week), I'm guessing the game didn't get those scores entirely on its own merit.. especially since hearing about the Gamespot fiasco.

For the whole seven page review (and video): http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html

I'm looking forward to this.. on the PC.

Edit: Forgot to mention which game I'm referring to!

Edited by mkreku

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really hoping Mirror's Edge fulfills its potential.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Kind of looking forward to Burnout Paradise for the PC.

Check out this video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33825.html

"Burnout Paradise for PC can run at a breathtaking double-wide resolution of 3840x1200."

Now there's something for Bokishi's rig to handle. Need more monitors though!

Aliens RPG

Alpha Protocol

Dragon AGe

Age of Decadence

Empire: Total War

NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Fallout 3!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm starting Age of Conan on Saturday, and I'm pretty excited.

Oh, you gotta tell me how well the release client will run. All that whining on the AoC boards about performance issues have left me with some mixed feelings.

I had issues the first week of open beta, but they implemented a patch a couple days before the end that basically fixed my problems. The game runs well on a high end machine, and I imagine DirectX 10 will help as well.

It's buggy though, no doubt about it. There are a few issues with clipping and a good deal of general crashes. It's not going to be the most polished release, but I think in a few months they'll have the technical stuff sorted out.

I'm starting Age of Conan on Saturday, and I'm pretty excited.

Oh, you gotta tell me how well the release client will run. All that whining on the AoC boards about performance issues have left me with some mixed feelings.

I had issues the first week of open beta, but they implemented a patch a couple days before the end that basically fixed my problems. The game runs well on a high end machine, and I imagine DirectX 10 will help as well.

It's buggy though, no doubt about it. There are a few issues with clipping and a good deal of general crashes. It's not going to be the most polished release, but I think in a few months they'll have the technical stuff sorted out.

How are you liking AoC so far? Enjoying it more than WoW? Looking for something to take me away from that game lol.

I played WoW for about two years, and I found that LotR Online really replaced my WoW fix. The games are fairly similiar in terms of PvE. It's also extremely well polished and you get a lot of content.

AoC is much rougher around the edges, and I have a feeling the launch is going to be a bit disastrous. Still, it's a much more unique MMO. It has a new and interesting approach to combat and it's a much grittier fantasy setting. I'm not quite ready to recommend it, but I imagine in a few months when the initial release storm has passed, it will be a very entertaining game.

I'm not canceling my LotR Online subscription though.

Im waiting for Stalker Clear Sky to come out now. It looks pretty nifty and the 1st was awesome! :shifty: Is it suppose to be a sequel or expansion? Do we need Stalker Chernobyl installed to play it?

hopefully they add drivable vehicles, takes forever on foot!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I played WoW for about two years, and I found that LotR Online really replaced my WoW fix. The games are fairly similiar in terms of PvE. It's also extremely well polished and you get a lot of content.

AoC is much rougher around the edges, and I have a feeling the launch is going to be a bit disastrous. Still, it's a much more unique MMO. It has a new and interesting approach to combat and it's a much grittier fantasy setting. I'm not quite ready to recommend it, but I imagine in a few months when the initial release storm has passed, it will be a very entertaining game.

I'm not canceling my LotR Online subscription though.

The MMO I'm looking forward to is Warhammer. I loved Dark Age of Camelot's RvR system and I think its going to be better in War. The only 2 things I hated about DAoC was the PvE and Crafting system. Hopefully that won't be the case with War.