Games you are looking forward to

Darque

As of now GTA 4 is the only game I'm looking forward too.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Still looking forward to White Gold. Graphics are shaping up nicely:

gallery129.jpg

You'll again be able to drive cars, boats, tanks and fly helicopters and planes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Does that mean sucky controls?

Only games with good controls (if you're able to drive many, many kinds of vehicles) and such amount of vehicles are Battlefields

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, Boiling Point had sucky controls. First they were REALLY sucky, but they were better after the final 200 MB patch. Still not good (too stiff and unnatural) but better. I'm suspecting White Gold will suffer from the same problems.

I've written on their official forums and tried to stress the importance of having enjoyable controls in a game of this type, with an open-ended huge world to explore. I mean I can spend hours in GTA: San Andreas just driving/flying around the game world just because the controls are so perfect. I'm hoping for the same experience in White Gold but I wouldn't count on it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wonder when Half Life 2: Episode Three will come out, think they'll really keep their word and release it this year? Although, it will probably be mid-to-late 2008 or early 2009 at the rate Valve is going...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Don't know if anyone has seen this or posted it but a new trailer just for the FRONT ARTWORK of GTA 4 it out but it's still pretty cool stuff. Says that the next trailer for the game is due December 6 which is only like 7 or so days from now so be on watch.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28353.html

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm looking forward to play Mass Effect (which will wait until christmas).

And I'm bascially done with Ace combat 6, which was REALLY satisfying.

Oh, and I can't wait for Ace combat 7, because there will edfinitly be one, and it will probably be very resemblant to the toehr ace combat games, and that's a good thing... for me.

Hehe, got the flightstick? It's pretty awesome.

I finished the game a while ago. I've yet to play it on expert mode, though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah, Boiling Point had sucky controls. First they were REALLY sucky, but they were better after the final 200 MB patch. Still not good (too stiff and unnatural) but better. I'm suspecting White Gold will suffer from the same problems.

I've written on their official forums and tried to stress the importance of having enjoyable controls in a game of this type, with an open-ended huge world to explore. I mean I can spend hours in GTA: San Andreas just driving/flying around the game world just because the controls are so perfect. I'm hoping for the same experience in White Gold but I wouldn't count on it.

Have you played Just Cause? It was somewhat repetitive, but I thought the control system was quite good for an open-ended game with multiple different vehicles.

A sequel to torment planescape.

That's very unlikely, since Wizards of the Coast (the owners of D&D) no longer make much stuff for the Planescape setting and will be busy promoting their 4th. Edition rules soon. However, if you like the Planescape setting, Rogue Dao Studios is producing a series of mods for Neverwinter Nights 2 called The Planescape Trilogy. A lot of people seem to be looking forward to that.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thats cool as long as they throw dakkon back in there along with whoever did his voice. The knowing speeches he gave was priceless. And in knowin grow strong. I would also love and have always wanted to see a game formated to Times of Troubles. The module where the main God AO of D@D realms sent all of the gods to earth as human form because he wanted them to understans what it ws like to be mortal but with god like powers. The only God that was allowed to stay in the heavens was Helm and he gaurded the stairwell so no Goids could come back up til they learned there lesson. Except for Mystra she tried to come back and Helm had to kill her.

Thats cool as long as they throw dakkon back in there along with whoever did his voice.

Yeah, Planescape setting = cameos

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The newest and last gta 4 trailer has been released.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28633.html

With that said, the voice acting is still a little weird but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The music was exceptional and I hope they use a lot of Russian based music in the game. Graphics looks pretty solid I'm just hoping the gameplay change is still somewhat reminiscent of old gta games but I understand the need to take it in a different direction. So far looks like its shaping up to have a good story, just seems like its release date can't come soon enough. :'(

Thats cool as long as they throw dakkon back in there along with whoever did his voice. The knowing speeches he gave was priceless. And in knowin grow strong. I would also love and have always wanted to see a game formated to Times of Troubles. The module where the main God AO of D@D realms sent all of the gods to earth as human form because he wanted them to understans what it ws like to be mortal but with god like powers. The only God that was allowed to stay in the heavens was Helm and he gaurded the stairwell so no Goids could come back up til they learned there lesson. Except for Mystra she tried to come back and Helm had to kill her.

As far as I've heard, Time of Troubles wasn't a module so much as an explanation for the change over to the 2e ruleset. I doubt WotC wants games made to promote old editions.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

WOOH! Wild Arms is on the PC Playstation Store. I'm going to download that and Beats when I get home!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A sequel to torment planescape.

That's very unlikely, since Wizards of the Coast (the owners of D&D) no longer make much stuff for the Planescape setting and will be busy promoting their 4th. Edition rules soon. However, if you like the Planescape setting, Rogue Dao Studios is producing a series of mods for Neverwinter Nights 2 called The Planescape Trilogy. A lot of people seem to be looking forward to that.

I had actually heard that Planescape would be one of the first sets to come out for 4th, but I'm not sure how much I trust the person I heard it from.

This might actually have qualified for the 'Worst Endings' thread...

See, I don't mind unresolved endings where they promise to tie everything up in the sequel - provided the sequel is actually then made. Still Life is a case in point - we never learned who the killer was because it was to have been the subject of the third game in the trilogy, but then Microids got disbanded or taken over or something. Well, the Microids brand is back, and the third game is due for release in November 2008. ;)

I had actually heard that Planescape would be one of the first sets to come out for 4th, but I'm not sure how much I trust the person I heard it from.

From the very little I know about the 4th. edition, mostly gleamed from skimming through the thread on the PnP forum, it's all about being mainstream, whereas Planescape was very quirky but lacking in supposed mass-appeal, and so was largely abandoned. Also, aren't they getting rid of things like the Blood War and alignment? How would Planescape work without those?