Games you are looking forward to

Darque

I'm not sure Bioshock is so much longer than EP2 that it's earned to be called longer. They're in the same ballpark, that's for sure. Bioshock is NOT System Shock 3 and I have no idea why they claimed it was a spiritual successor. Well, except for the obvious marketing purposes of course, but one would think Levine had more integrity than that.

The problems with Bioshock (and what brings it down from a great game to a good game for me) is that they removed the consequences from all the choices you make in the game. Took the wrong skillset? Change it whenever you want. Want to go the good route? Award is the same as going the bad route so it doesn't matter. One differing animation is NOT enough! Don't know where to go? Keep pushing forward, the game is as linear as a corridor. Sure, the corridor twists sometimes, but that's it. Oh and there are only five enemy types.. throughout the entire game. They all look the same, fight the same and act the same. You'll get bored with them within a few hours. Luckily, that about as long as the game lasts..

No replay factor, no multiplayer and a gamelength of about 8-12 hours (depending on how much you suck at fps gameplay.. think werewolves).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not sure Bioshock is so much longer than EP2 that it's earned to be called longer. They're in the same ballpark, that's for sure. Bioshock is NOT System Shock 3 and I have no idea why they claimed it was a spiritual successor. Well, except for the obvious marketing purposes of course, but one would think Levine had more integrity than that.

The problems with Bioshock (and what brings it down from a great game to a good game for me) is that they removed the consequences from all the choices you make in the game. Took the wrong skillset? Change it whenever you want. Want to go the good route? Award is the same as going the bad route so it doesn't matter. One differing animation is NOT enough! Don't know where to go? Keep pushing forward, the game is as linear as a corridor. Sure, the corridor twists sometimes, but that's it. Oh and there are only five enemy types.. throughout the entire game. They all look the same, fight the same and act the same. You'll get bored with them within a few hours. Luckily, that about as long as the game lasts..

No replay factor, no multiplayer and a gamelength of about 8-12 hours (depending on how much you suck at fps gameplay.. think werewolves).

What it looks like is that it did start off as a spiritual successor to SS2, but extensive focus testing led them to axe the system shockyness out of the game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What it looks like is that it did start off as a spiritual successor to SS2, but extensive focus testing led them to axe the system shockyness out of the game.

Yeah, System Shock 2 had the forethought to make progress as difficult at the beginning of the game as it is nearer the end ... just making another SS2 would be as difficult to sell to audiences as, say, it is to attract masochists to Bondage by beating up random people on the street. Is the engine easily configurable, so that the user community might change/add content?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually, I have to disagree there. All they needed to do to market SS2 was talk about how the player is alone in a huge spaceship against zombies, with a hawt, mad and evil robot woman out to get him, and throw a bunch of Alien references in. Add the shooter 2.0 buzzword Levine was so fond of using for Bioshock, and we'd have a marketing winner.

No, the engine isn't easily configurable, plus I think Irrational has already stated they wouldn't release an editor.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Actually, I have to disagree there. All they needed to do to market SS2 was talk about how the player is alone in a huge spaceship against zombies, with a hawt, mad and evil robot woman out to get him, and throw a bunch of Alien references in. Add the shooter 2.0 buzzword Levine was so fond of using for Bioshock, and we'd have a marketing winner.

Sounds like a great idea for an NwN2 module ..!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Great, now after reading a Kotaku article I want to get Disgaea: Afternoon of Darknes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I bought the Orange box one Friday, but I don't think my laptop can handle it. I'll have to wait until I get back home, which will hopefully be soon.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"What cow?"

"hey wait...I'm a girl now?"

"cure series wou...no, that was Horrid Wilting"

"Sequenced fireba...not only girl, but pink?!"

hahaha. I've always loved the idea of the wild mage. Though its implementation in a CRPG needs some serious consideration... I'd like to see it one day, though.

Not in a D&D or D20 CRPG of course. I don't ever want to see a D20 CRPG again. So sick of it.

I

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Obsidian's Alien CRPG.

Dragon Age

Mass Effect (when it comes to the PC)

And that is about it for now.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Culpa Innata

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Culpa...ulpaInnata.shtm

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Culpa...ulpaInnata.shtm

I think, I'll import this. Although Momentum is a Turkish developer, the game isn't out yet here in Turkey. Life can be interesting sometimes.

The reviewer has to get out more, seriously.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My copy of Trials and Tribulations arrived at my house this morning according to the USPS tracker! I'm on the last case of Justice for All, so I should be getting around to playing it soon.

Of course, if the 2-5 day estimate from HMV.co.uk is to be believed, then The Witcher should arrive at my house tomorrow or the following day.

Edited by Tale

I had a nightmare of Assassin's Creed the night before last. I don't know why, I guess it's a hidden supplanted Freud factor for me, maybe my ghost is whispering, urgh.

Anyway, since I trust Buddha to give a karmic backlash soon enough, I expect that Assassin's Creed(of whose correct of amount s's I seem to have learned) will be conversely awesome compared to the nightmare.

It bedder be damn good, is what I's sayin'.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Od'sblood, I's also missin' the delete-fiidzur.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Did I mention Mass Effect already?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Silent Hill: Origins coming out Tuesday.

I may just wait a week for it to hit Circuit City, though. Still am engrossed in Trials and Tribulations and hopefully Witcher will show up.

Lego: Star Wars The Complete Saga is coming out, too. BUT WHY ISN'T A PC VERSION COMING?! We're only getting next-gen and DS versions. So, maybe I could get it for the DS? I'd prefer a PC or PS2 one though.

Edited by Tale