Games you are looking forward to

Darque

You've got a deal. I mean, a coat.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I was hoping for Blood Pact.

Space Satanists ftw.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also waiting for that Naruto game.

I just hope I don't have to listen to the dub actors.

kirottu said:

I thought Episode 2 was... I don't know. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It does repeat somethings that it doesn't really need to. That whole using physics props with the gravity gun to cross dangerous "water" thing? Yeah, I FCKING HATE THAT! But, episode 2 includes it. I was glad to leave that behind in the original Half-Life 2.

Otherwise, it's mostly good. Doesn't have as much new stuff as Episode 1 seemed to. Or maybe it did, it just had more repeated stuff + new stuff.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ein mehr.

Then they're going to go over whether to continue releasing games as episodes or go back to the tradition model.

I thought Episode 2 was... I don't know. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It does repeat somethings that it doesn't really need to. That whole using physics props with the gravity gun to cross dangerous "water" thing? Yeah, I FCKING HATE THAT! But, episode 2 includes it. I was glad to leave that behind in the original Half-Life 2.

Otherwise, it's mostly good. Doesn't have as much new stuff as Episode 1 seemed to. Or maybe it did, it just had more repeated stuff + new stuff.

Ehhh whatever floats your boat, EP2 was excellent

For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could not like Episode 2 but like Episode 1. If anything, Episode 2 came up with what Episode 1 failed to deliver, the very least of which was anything resembling suspense and a kick-ass strider battle. At least the addition of the Hunter was more interesting than the addition of the Zombines.

For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could not like Episode 2 but like Episode 1. If anything, Episode 2 came up with what Episode 1 failed to deliver, the very least of which was anything resembling suspense and a kick-ass strider battle. At least the addition of the Hunter was more interesting than the addition of the Zombines.

I really really really hate using physics props to cross areas. Sandtrap? Worst area ever. That one tunnel that was filled with hazardous waste and zombies? Second worst area ever.

That toxic waste tunnel was the utter worst in game design. The one joint with electrified water in Nova Prospekt wasn't so bad since it didn't have zombies and you weren't instantly heavily injured the moment you hit the water.

kirottu said:

HL2 Episode 2 by far!

Yeah, that's probably the next purchase ... though I don't have access to my PC and I haven't played MotB or anything at all for a few months ... :thumbsup:

you'll like EP2, it's like freakin Empire Strikes Back. I even thought it was better than the original HL2

I'm actually tossing up whether to purchase an XBox 360 or a Playstation 3 to play the Orange Box, since I haven't got (and won't for the conceivable future) access to my dear old laptop. A factor is whether I can play Bioshock (the criticality of this factor correlates to the fun coefficient of Bioshock).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations and Front Mission (DS) are scheduled to be released on Tuesday.

Metadigital: Bioshock is not currently on the PS3 and there are no announced plans for it to be on that platform.

Edit 1: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is scheduled for Tuesday, too, but since I'm so far behind my game (and book) library, I'm not going to pick it up. :'(

Edited by Tale

Anyone played Bioshock (/on the XBox 360) and think it isn't worth the purchase price?

It's certainly worth a playthrough, at the very least. There seems to be a backlash from the more self-conscious gamers, here and elsewhere.

But is it worth buying a console over? I don't think it is. It's good, but it ain't a $400 investment. That having been said, I personally see the 360's past and future lineups as being far superior to the PS3's (plus, it's just cheaper) but mainly because Square and Kojima don't make a console for me.

If you don't like narratives, that is. Episode 2 is run-of-the-mill Half Life (get to the lab across a great distance, quick!) with some plot twists thrown in. Combat's about the same, if you substitute Big Daddies with Hunters and splicers with Combine Soldiers, antlions and zombies. Ep 2 has a strider battle, Bioshock has soup-thick atmosphere. Plus, Bioshock's longer and isn't just part of a larger picture.

Edited by Pop

There's no doubt I'd get more than my investment from the Orange Box; it has Portal AND Team Fortress as well as all the Half-Life 2 games ..! I might even like TF enough to play online. -_-

Purchasing a console would be compared against purchasing a cheap PC (of about the same price) ... at the moment I have no game-playing platform at all.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT