Games you are looking forward to

Darque

not as a buy but as a "hey, this might be interesting" as they are changing the system:

Smackdown vs Raw 08.

From the looks of it they'll be pulling the Benoit character because of the recent... homicide.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Grabbing the Transformers movie game tomorrow. Will be the first movie game to grace my collection. Likely the last until Transformers 2. I don't care if it sucks or not, its Transformers.

Same here. I know 90% of movie games are utter trash, but don't care either - it's Transformers. transformers.png

You realise that you are keeping those moronic suits in marketing in a job, managing the overall content of games, simply because you reflexively purchase anything with a brand you like, don't you? :ermm:

I thought rewarding mediocrity was the best way consumers had of sending a message to developers and publishers? My whole world just got turned upside down!

The best way to send a message to mediocre developers would be to form your own awesome development company and blow the others out of the water.

Learn capitalism plzthx.

You make it sound so easy. :rolleyes:

So, how would you go about that, Pop, without any funds nor skill in programming.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Grabbing the Transformers movie game tomorrow. Will be the first movie game to grace my collection. Likely the last until Transformers 2. I don't care if it sucks or not, its Transformers.

Same here. I know 90% of movie games are utter trash, but don't care either - it's Transformers. transformers.png

You realise that you are keeping those moronic suits in marketing in a job, managing the overall content of games, simply because you reflexively purchase anything with a brand you like, don't you? :no:

Yeah Oerwinde!

You realize this don't you? I mean, at least I read the Gamespot review apropos of my purchasing duty. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I read that and the IGN review. Downloaded it instead to see if it was worth a purchase. Wasn't worth the download. Uninstalling now. Holy crap that was a bad game. 2nd mission in the decepticon campaign is to destroy 5 communications trucks with Skorponok within 2 minutes. Each of the trucks are about 45 seconds away from each other, and take about another 45 seconds to kill. You gain 30 seconds to your limit whenever you take one out. Math does not compute. Also, the controls are some of the worst in any game I've ever played.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

One's good, but a little raw. Two really seemed to nail things down. The third is allright, although I'm not liking the new races as much as the old ones.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The LotR movie games have been prety decent as well.

Also, the Samurai Champloo game, but I guess that doesn't count.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gar, how could I forget those!

And how was the Champloo game? I heard it doesn't have anything to do with the series?

Decent? I think Return of the King was probably the best hack-and-slash I've ever played.

Agreed, I just wish that we didn't have to do that stoopid Pelenor Fields level. Taking down all those elephants sucked.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

One's good, but a little raw. Two really seemed to nail things down. The third is allright, although I'm not liking the new races as much as the old ones.

The third felt like they tried to cram too much into one package. I also didn't like the combo system. (and the distinct lack of guidance about things like "you can hang down from an over hang by a web by pressing the L3 button!")

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gar, how could I forget those!

And how was the Champloo game? I heard it doesn't have anything to do with the series?

Decent? I think Return of the King was probably the best hack-and-slash I've ever played.

Agreed, I just wish that we didn't have to do that stoopid Pelenor Fields level. Taking down all those elephants sucked.

I only played the demo for Return of the King, I admit it was fun. Very intuitive basher that. I mostly ment the RTS' though.

I only tried it in passing on some game event, but the mix of fighting and music was pretty unique. Wasn't my kind of thing, but the characters and the overall feel of the series was still the same awesomeness.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

H3_WSJ_CHIEF.jpg

glompsh

kirottu said:

Vault "Vince D. Weller" Dweller has posted some awesome screenshots from the upcoming RPG king Age of Decadence. The pictures were taken from a combat situation where the player guy, holding a hammer, is eventually disarmed, knocked down and killed.

combat00027.jpg

A full video of presenting the turn-based combat system will hopefully be uploaded by the end of the week. Or later. It's always later, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...