I N T E R N E T D R A M A

Volourn

While we all sit around spamming the forums and waiting for x game to be released, I have been bored to nearly tears (I don't cry, it hurts my internet geek arrogance style) despite my punkish interior I want to know whatt ya think of various things.

I'm so bored, I decided to start this thread to ask some serious and not serious questions so people can make fun of yours truly. Afterall, if there's one thing Internet Geeks enjoy it's delving into others' drama.

I'm that bored. Between all that, and the fact my computer is currently unable to play games and I want to throw my xbox 360 at MS's offices, here is some more crap to feed the hungry faces here.

For fun:

1. Is it possible to have serious, workable internet romances that doesn't lead to have gay sex with a boy pretending to be a girl?

2. Who wants to see a really ugly picture?

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums such as Obsidian, Bethesda, *raaavpuling.com*, Badjojo, Ford.com, TelevisionWithoutPity, BIO, or mlb.com., or any other place (for bonus points, name the 3 of those that i actually visit - Obsidian is a freebee choice, HAHA!)?

4. For more Dramatics: Who are your 3 favorite posters of all time anywhere, and why?

5. Who are your 3 least favorite posters of all time anywhere, and why?

This quest is being watched, and your answered will be mathematically tested, and you will judged based on your answers so take them both seriously, and dramatically.

Enjoy.

*post edited to only be offensive to Norwegians. By Walsingham.*

P.S. I did warn you, I was bored... so, any inherent crappiness of this post is YOUR fault.

GAME OVER, folks, GAME OVER.

Edited by Walsingham

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My three favs are Dark Raven, Darque, and Volourn to be honest. Walsh, Blank, and Taks are the next favorite. My least favorite would be Stanley Woo at the Bioware forums.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I consider you in the middle, Kumster. Sorry. After Volourn did say favorite 3, so I gave six. Of all the thousands of people I have met on the the forums I go to, it is kind of hard to make a top tier list. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

1. Is it possible to have serious, workable internet romances that doesn't lead to have gay sex with a boy pretending to be a girl?

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums such as Obsidian, Bethesda, Buttsex.com, Badjojo, Ford.com, TelevisionWithoutPity, BIO, or mlb.com., or any other place (for bonus points, name the 3 of those that i actually visit - Obsidian is a freebee choice, HAHA!)?

4. For more Dramatics: Who are your 3 favorite posters of all time anywhere, and why?

1. Yes, but it instead turns out to be a whale of a girl who was sending you picture of her ex-roommate. Personal experience.

2. Not me.

3. Because we use computers to work and this is more fun than keying in credit card slips.

4. Ultima Virus at Steampowered.com. Jaron95 at Hadishination.com Decoy at Hadishination.com. Ultima Virus is a megalomaniac bent on world domination. Jaron95 is an anime nerd after my own heart with passive aggressive tendencies towards people who are not like us -.- . Decoy is a cool anime nerd bleephole admin to everyone else. Jaron95 and Decoy are awesome because they get into fights with people who aren't me.

5. Shape at Steampowered.com. Jaboy at Hadishination.com. Anonymous at 4chan. Shape has some sort of psychotic disorder. It's really hard to hold a conversation someone who has lost touch with reality and embraces it. And it's not as fun as you might think. Jaboy is contradictory just for the sake of it, sometimes. Anonymous is everyone at 4chan.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sounds interesting and socially divisive. I'll give it a try.

1. 1. Is it possible to have serious, workable internet romances that doesn't lead to have gay sex with a boy pretending to be a girl?

In fact I think I have heard of people who get married after meeting on message boards. So in that case, yes, there are workable internet romances that don't end up with said consequences. I would never try it out though. Especially when there are great women all around in real life.

No.

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asinine forums such as Obsidian, etc.?

I believe humans have a tendency to seek community and want to discuss things they are interested in, or otherwise affect other people. Message boards fulfill some of this desire.

Onur the Courageous/The Illuminator, DonJags, Pixies

This is a tough one, since I am always entertained by people's antics no matter what they do on message boards. Since I cannot think of any of my least favorite, I will list three posters who should get honorable mention: Aimo, EnderAndrew, Hades

But there are a lot of other honorable mentions. Just looking at the top 20 posters elicits enjoyable memories for me. Baley, ShadowPaladin, Kumpq, Commissar (whatever happened to him?), GhostofAnakin, Darth Launch, Llyranor, nick i am, Eldar/Cant, Schmarth, Mus?, Volo... the list goes on.

Edited by Blank

I'm between activities so I'll play.

It was when online chat was fairly new and most predators hadn't figured out a new place in which to find prey. I even visited a few women and had a great time. :) I won't do it anymore though. Until I see them in person, they could be anything. I've also seen marriages, and divorces resulting from flings that resulted from online romances. I've also had female friends stalked by other people they'd met online.

Not I.

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums such as Obsidian, Bethesda, Buttsex.com, Badjojo, Ford.com, TelevisionWithoutPity, BIO, or mlb.com., or any other place (for bonus points, name the 3 of those that i actually visit - Obsidian is a freebee choice, HAHA!)?

I've been spending too much time online since I first got a modem. Some of it has been chat, some games, much downloading (56k sucks), and lately lots of posting on forums like these, Bioware, MASM32, G3, and so on.

I always like seeing WITHTEETH post even if I don't read his posts. His username cracks me up, especially with it all in caps like that. Maybe it's because I grew up with dogs who had a habit of showing their teeth. Another is Tenebrous of old Black Isle forums, who was quite the D&D loremaster and a real DM. I also get a kick out of reading Fionavar's warnings and thread pruning/closure statements.

I won't name names, but I dislike certain people I've 'met' online over the years. With some it's a personality conflict, which is bound to happen when you converse with folks from many different backgrounds and cultures. With others its attitude, either mine or theirs. I also tend to avoid (obvious) liars, braggarts, and people who are full of themselves. I also have trouble detecting sarcasm in written messages so that can lead to misunderstandings with people who use it all the time.

Well, that was fun, and now it's time to do something else.

Edited by Wistrik

Oh, I see how you are, Blank. Here I state that I like your posts and the discussions we have had and you go ahead and put me in your do not like list. I see how you are. *sniff*

:)

Possible? Absolutely, but there is probably a significantly higher probability of the latter.

Oh, me, me!!

Comradery, like interests, boredom.

No names named but I like almost everyone on this forum. At least in the areas I peruse.

I dont dislike anyone here.

1. Yes, It's just really, really, really unlikely.

2. No.

3. We haven't got a life.

4. Baley, Meta, Llyranor. And also, Mus?, Kiro, Kor, Drabs, Role-Player, and others. Edit: And Rosbjerg. He's like the coolest.

5. Volo, Hades, and people who spend most of their time in Star Wars section.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oh, I see how you are, Blank. Here I state that I like your posts and the discussions we have had and you go ahead and put me in your do not like list. I see how you are. *sniff*

:)

Truthfully I think you get a lot more crap than you deserve, and you are probably the most consistently tenacious on the boards at the moment, among other things. Ergo, honorable mention.

I actually was writing my post before anyone had posted, so there.

Volourn, what the hell?! Where are all the spelling errors? You

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1. Yes, but it's rare.

2. As long as it's not goatse.cx or tubgirl, I'm up for it.

3. Originally it's trying to find information or like-minded individuals. Then, it switches to boredom. Also, I haven't a clue other than Obsidian.

4. Cardinair from Elysium RPG (forum no longer exists) because I wrote a lot of fun stories with him and we have good, fun conversations. HyperAuthor from the same forum, because of mostly the same reasons, although the things we wrote together didn't come near to the brilliance of her own stories. Also, she's a lot smarter than me and taught me a lot about life. Finally, there's - G R U N T - from forumsx.net, formerly known as war3.com. He's just so freaking hilarious. He's also incredibly supportive, more obsessive than I am, and an incredible artist (if he isn't working for the art department of a company like Blizzard in the future I will severely doubt that anything good can still come of this world). I don't really have any favourites from this forum because I honestly don't really know anyone.

5. Let's see. MacHead II from The Noosepaper. He built his own political forum with others (me among them) and we put a lot of work into it. Then, he must have suddenly realized that life sucks or something, because he suddenly just destroyed it. Not only that, but he went to other forums just to annoy the people who he had worked with. Then there's Grom/Massacre from forumsx because he used to be cool and tough, and now he throws he a hissy fit whenever someone comments on his hair or whatever. That's really all I can think of. I don't really hate people on forums (though sometimes I say otherwise). I sometimes dislike them, but that's often temporary until they make some funny comment or whatever and I like them again. I have a short attention span.

Only losers have Internet relationships. You're not uglier than the rest of us so stop wallowing in self pity. We're here because we have spare time to devote to our hobby: computer role-playing games. Now on to the interesting parts.

The few people I get along with are metadigital because he's intelligent (even though he tries too hard to convince everyone of the fact in every single thread). I also get along with kirottu and Musopticon?, mainly because they put up with my **** without throwing a hissy fit. I don't have a problem with LadyCrimson either. Or Rosbjerg. Holy crap, that's five people. Personal best. If I could remember the names of the guys in the NHL thread I'd probably add those too.

I have problems with stupid people (Dark Raven, Hades/Sand/Whatever the next alt's name will be), narrow-minded people (taks/Roshan, I can never remember which is which but one of them is a right wing fanatic.. and EnderWiggin) and false liars (Darque, Volourn). I probably forgot a few, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Remember, these are just my opinions. It might as well be me who's the stupid, narrow-minded, fake liar. And being on top of any list is a compliment! At least you've made an impression.

Edit: I just noticed that three of the five people I get along with are moderators. This is NOT a brown-nosing attempt from my side, I figure they just did a great job of choosing moderators.

Oh, and Deraldin is cool too because he likes hockey. He would be cooler if he cheered for the Leafs though.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

and false liars (Darque, Volourn)

woot, I'm under the radar

Yes, no, IT jobs have a lot of downtime, thepixiesrock, Walsingham, shinmeko at Forumopolis, I don't have people I dislike on the internet, they're all entertaining to me.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Maybe? Not really in my experience.

Please?

Free time and excessive boredom come to mind. Also, WoW won't load my characters. Yay weekly maintenance.

Too many to name. Lotsa cool people here though. ;)

Too many to name as well. o:)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

1. Don't know. I am sure it has happened to someone at some point in time.

2. Not it.

3. Not sure. The reason I do it, is because it beats working for a living.

Obsidian, BIO, mlb.com.

4. I only have one. John Byrne the comics artist, the reason being I am a fan of his work, he posts new/free art all the time, he is intelligent and well spoken, and you get inside information on comics. I am not really impressed enough by anyone else to have any other favorites/least favorites.

5. See the second part of answer number 4.

Edited by Kelverin

(taks/Roshan, I can never remember which is which but one of them is a right wing fanatic..

i'm an atheist, which rules out right-wing for me, and last time i checked, i didn't think roshan was right-wing either... could be wrong, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i'm an atheist

BS! I don't see you at any of the meetings.

a1) man, i hope not. realistically, i do know some people that met on the net and are now married. not many, however.

a2) not me.

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums

a3) your original comments said it all... boredom. actually, it's also an opportunity to vent about things that you normally wouldn't with flesh-and-bones companions. btw, my guess for you is bio, obsid, bethesda. you used to frequent the codex, but i'm assuming you tired of them as i did.

a4) no answer forthcoming from me. i enjoy reading a variety of posters' comments for a variety of reasons. some in here share technical interests, some gaming interests, some are just fun to read.

a5) yrkoon, yrkoon and yrkoon. not sure which i like the least.

taks

comrade taks... just because.