psp vs ds

dustin19

psp vs ds  

20 members have voted

1. 1. whats your favorite of the two ??

• psp
    • ds

DS - Plays Game Boy games, has a few interesting titles. Only thing on PSP that anyone I know cares about are the Bleach imports.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've had both, and there isn't even a contest between the two. The DS has creative games and an amazing stylus system. The PSP looks great, but I found they tried too hard to force PSOne games onto a tiny handheld screen. I wanted games that were designed for the small screen, not games that I wish I could see on my TV.

If you want to watch movies, surf the internet and care more about graphics, then the PSP is the right system. If you want to play games, get a DS.

I've had both, and there isn't even a contest between the two. The DS has creative games and an amazing stylus system. The PSP looks great, but I found they tried too hard to force PSOne games onto a tiny handheld screen. I wanted games that were designed for the small screen, not games that I wish I could see on my TV.

If you want to watch movies, surf the internet and care more about graphics, then the PSP is the right system. If you want to play games, get a DS.

yes all is true but the ds has been out longer .... give it time there will b games for the psp and battlefront is just the begining

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

yes all is true but the ds has been out longer .... give it time there will b games for the psp and battlefront is just the begining

The PSP has been out for 2 years. I owned it for a year and a half before I gave up on it and sold it off. Even with Battlefront, I'd rather play it on my console or PC, it's not a better game on the handheld.

The DS has unique titles that aren't available on the PC or consoles.

The PSP has been out for 2 years. I owned it for a year and a half before I gave up on it and sold it off. Even with Battlefront, I'd rather play it on my console or PC, it's not a better game on the handheld.

The DS has unique titles that aren't available on the PC or consoles.

na man i didnt mean it would be better on the psp , i meant it was goin to be the best game the psp is goin to have so far and there could possibly b more great games on the way ... and i would also like it more for my console

I think the PSP has shaped up a lot in the last few months. There have been a few original and well received titles for it. Like Metal gear Solid: Portable Ops, Crush, LocoRoco, Daxter, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.. and the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics.

I'm almost interested in getting one now..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think the PSP has shaped up a lot in the last few months. There have been a few original and well received titles for it. Like Metal gear Solid: Portable Ops, Crush, LocoRoco, Daxter, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.. and the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics.

you should it really aint as bad as hes sayin , graphics are the best of all hand helds and the games will start getting great !!

I'd add Jeanne d'Arc and God of War: Chains of Olympus to that list.

centinexx.png

I got a DS because my girlfriend got one and she wanted to use the wireless linkup with me. All the GBA games I wanted were out of print, and the only DS game I was interested in was MarioKart. Waste of 150 bucks.

PSP on the other hand can apparently run emulators, letting me play all those out of print GBA games I want to play, as well as being able to emulate my PSX games and such. It also has a lot more games I'm interested in such as MGS:Portable Ops, the GTA stories games, FF:Crisis Core, and lots more coming out.

Plus I can use it as an MP3 player and I believe it plays video files too but I may be wrong. And its only like 50 bucks more.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

About a year ago I would have said the DS but now it's all PSP. My DS has been shelved for the past 6 months. Alot of great titles out for the PSP now and more on the way plus being able to play all my favorite PS1 games on it is a huge plus.

DS is still heavily outselling the PSP. Mainly because people view the PSP as more a pocket Playstation rather than a handheld in it's own right. Also the DS's touchscreen brings alot more people to the table.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

DS is still heavily outselling the PSP. Mainly because people view the PSP as more a pocket Playstation rather than a handheld in it's own right. Also the DS's touchscreen brings alot more people to the table.

i think that the touch screen is the stupidest thing ever .

I don't have a PSP, so this is completely one-sided. The two games I'd be interested in on that are Valkyrie Profile and Tales of Eternia (which are PSX ports, yes, but portability is awesome). Loco Roco looks like a pretty innovative game, as well. That being said, I haven't been paying too much attention to it recently, what with the titles mostly not appealing to me specifically (my main interest in console gaming is coop). I'd sooner get a PS2 than a PSP, and I haven't even done that yet.

The stylus controls for the DS are one thing I love about it. When games implement it in a tacked-on fashion and it adds nothing to the game, it can be pretty awkward and detrimental. Properly-implemented, though, and it can be pretty great fun. Games like Kirby Canvas Curse, Meteos and Trauma Center (yeah yeah yeah, Wii port, but the game controls completely differently) offer NEW experiences. Even drawing maps in Etrian Odyssey is pretty fun. I'm very interested in how the new Zelda will be implementing stylus-only controls.

The dual-screen is a matter of convenience, in terms of displaying maps, inventories, stats, different areas. I wouldn't want Nintendo's next handheld to revert back to a single screen.

The main thing is the games, though. The DS is pretty much the last stand when it comes to 2D gaming. The good original games coming out for it are pretty nice. Though, like any popular system, it has its pile of crap, though. Having access to the GBA library is pretty ace (the Fire Emblems, the SNES Final Fantasies, the Nintendo platformers/action adventures), since I didn't have one before.

The future looks nice enough. Dragon Quest IX should mean a good influx of JRPGs. There's a fair number of SRPGs on the way (the main one I'm interested in being Front Mission 1st - but where's my Fire Emblem DS ;_; ). More Phoenix Wright titles are always a good thing. And I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Megaman. There are a bunch of others, but this isn't a pissing contest.

The main thing is that this isn't a bloody competition, you freaking morons. It doesn't matter if you own a DS or a PSP, just go play Puzzle Quest.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah, nice thread.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

All my friends have DS's but I think its rubbish. All the games developed for it feel like those flash minigames you can play for free on whichever site you wish and it cant handle games ported from other platforms because 1) its too slow to handle really anything but 2D (I have friends who develop DS games and they hate it) 2) the screens are too small so you cant see what youre doing.

The PSP isnt much better (the UMD format may be the dumbest trick Sony ever turned) but has mp3, video and lets you play fighting games.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think the point he is trying to make is that is caters to more than just your hardcore gamer. Being that you spend time on a gaming forum, you can be considered a hardcore gamer. Having buttons and a control stick is natural to you. However, the stylus system is easy to use for someone who has never picked up a game before, because we all know how to use pens.

Opening gaming up to non gamers is incredibly important for the industry. Hardcore gamers alone cannot help it grow.

Of course, the movie playing abilities of the PSP should be the draw for non gamers to that system. Unfortunately, I think they overcharged for the UMD's to ever really attract that audience. Many UMD's were more expensive than their DVD counterparts. It's a shame, because that was a primary reason I bought the system.

The hardcore gamer is a myth. And a "casual gamer" would never even pay the 150

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The hardcore gamer is a myth. And a "casual gamer" would never even pay the 150

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.