Fallout find!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6759273.stm

Sadly, it seems you'd get a lot of mush.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aww, what a pity :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I suspect it was basic misunderstanding about how damp concrete gets.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sounds like humidity from the soil transferred into the air of the vault. A de-humidifier might have helped ... or a proper air seal. Concrete is very porous ... I remember a murder was discovered because the killer buried the body in cement, which became a part of a building. The crime was uncovered when someone tried to explain why a concrete pillar was blanketed in swarms of flies ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Typical American. They just can't build stuff that lasts.

typical swedes thinkings there are all cool becuase they have hot girlfriends and post on the internets

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

;)
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Typical American. They just can't build stuff that lasts.

typical swedes thinkings there are all cool becuase they have hot girlfriends and post on the internets

Ouch ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

50 years ago in Tulsa, Oklahoma? It isn't typical Americans, trust me, it's typical Sooners.

"Hey, Earl, we gots ta build ourselves one o' them there tam capsules. What should we otta put in 'er?"

"Whale, Billy Ray, we gotta put a car in't, an mebbe some wimmins stuff, ya know, lak a lipstick and some o' them snappy stockins. Cain ya think of anythang aylse?"

"Golly, Earl, if'n we're gon'ta put a whole car in thar, then, ya know, we prolly outta put a gas can in thar too. An you cain't put them ladies thangs in thar what you have to put it in a purse."

"How thick a ceement wall should we otta make fer it?"

"Whale. Ah guess a couple three, four inches otta do it. We don't want it too thick fer them fellers fitty yars from now, and mebbe you outta make some ar holes in't too, so it won't stink when them fellers come git that stuff outta thar and check it out."

Trust me, while not all people in America are that bad, nor even most of them in Oklahoma today, we're talking 50 years ago in a country that was still heady and drunk with the end of WWII and the growing fear and cynicism of the beginning of the Cold War. Oklahoma was "The West" still in many ways and technical excellence wasn't in making cement bunkers, it was in farming and oil drilling.

The most amusing part of this is that they actually expected a car, in an unprotected environment to come out looking good and free of moisture.

As far as a cache from Fallout, it would be reasonable to conclude that some of the caches would have mostly if not completely ruined goods in it for some reason and others with varying degrees of well kept, properly bagged and nitrogen filled chambers with important things like radios, weapons, ammunition and food stuffs in cans kept moisture and oxygen free to maintain preservation. Remember, Fallout is a future RPG where the technology was higher than that specific time capsule.

Ah, America, land of contradictions, bad diction, indescretion and secrets and some of the most advanced technology sitting right alongside some of the most backwards ideas, attitudes and beliefs. It really is a strange and wonderful place (using wonderful in the proper technical sense of being a place ful of wonder...)

Oh yeah, and some rusted old car in a concrete time capsule. But the maps, they were in good condition, at least they'd have the maps, even if they didn't have a car they could drive.

regards,

dunniteowl

In all seriousness lies all lies, half truths, death, misery and the great suffering of the worlds. Embrace your seriousness, then poke it in the eye, push it down and give it a good swift kick. And in all seriousness, if you take me seriously, you're going to definitely regret it. 'Cause I'm just kidding, baby, yeah!

Gentlemen, let's tone down the bigotry regarding America. If they're so rubbish at building things how come they're the only country to have gone to the Moon?

And Dunniteowl, putting a can of gasoline in there isn't stupid. They probably expected us to be using atomics or something by now. Then we'd damn well NEED the gasoline.

-Elwood Blues

I'm pretty sure our cars are supposed to be flying by now. We're slacking.

It's your fault. You wouldn't let that scientist have your hand.

-Elwood Blues

I know a Tony Almeida from Steampowered.com. He's actually cogent, so either they're different guys or that is a complete and utter troll.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The more I hear about Fallout 3 the crapier it sounds.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That thread contains no information though. We don't know anything about FO3's dialogue system - it may be ES-style topic-based, back to the old tree-roots, ME-style, or something else. I don't like the pure aesthetics of the Oblivion style zoom-in, but that's all we know at the moment. I honestly don't know why Jorian linked that.

From what I read its going to have Oblivion style dialogue and all of it voiced. Probably with the same bad voice actors in the TES games. That is all they probably afford after paying Liam Neeson his paycheck.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

From what I read its going to have Oblivion style dialogue and all of it voiced. Probably with the same bad voice actors in the TES games. That is all they probably afford after paying Liam Neeson his paycheck.

Well they said it will have a similar dialog tree. That doesn't mean similar dialog. They probably assumed that more people know what the dialog is like in Oblivion and didn't want people to think that it was a standard RPG where people will simply say one thing when you approach them. At least that is how i interpret it, basically saying that you will have multiple responses to choose from when you speak to someone.

To be fair, the only difference between BG and Oblivion is that the character responses are written out, not topic'd.

Oh, and yeah, that you have multiple choices. That's pretty damn crucial and I really don't see Bethesda leaving that out for FO3.

Edited by Tigranes