Xbox 360

Eddo36

Alan Wake is available on 360, if you've never played that it's worth a shot. If possible, rent first. I never played it on 360.

Condemned was pretty enjoyable, once I got over the weird camera.

I'm dying to comment:

1) How did you build your time machine? I've got mine almost completed, but every time I send a test subject more than 10 minutes into the future they become big fans of Celine Dion. It goes without saying that I'm not risking myself on that.

2) First person = weird camera?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe Shadowstrider has crossed the "Einstein-Rosen-Podolsky bridge" like in the Sliders-series? Maybe he lives in a parallel world where Alan Wake is released? Think of the possibilities!

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You think in that same parallel world Crysis, UT3, and COD4 are also released??

In the words of Professor Arturo:

sldrs-quinn-arturo.jpg

That is a sound scientific possibility!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*pounces on Shadowstrider*

GIVE IT TO ME! GIVE IT TO ME!

*stops and looks confused*

Um... Nevermind.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have a 360, and have had one since christmas, but so far I only have Gears of War and Dead Rising. I'll likely buy Bioshock in the near future, though.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

• 4 weeks later...

Just got one, gamer tag is Oerwinde of course.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sweet, had it 3 days and already RRoD

Towel that bitch.

Use three for better chance of success. Or so i've heard.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sweet, had it 3 days and already RRoD

Towel that bitch.

Use three for better chance of success. Or so i've heard.

Its only 3 days old, so I'll likely just get a replacement.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yikes, Oerwinde! Three days?

I've been thinking about buying one myself, and I've been doing a lot of research. Originally I was going to wait for the Falcon chipset, but that's been delayed indefinitely.

However, at least the Premiums and Elites have been being manfactured with an extra heatsink for a few months now. Refurbished consoles are getting the new heatsink, too (or so I've read). From what I understand, 360s are crapping out because the boards warp when they're subjected to very high temperatures, so the extra heatsink should at least alleviate the RRoD problem.

I don't know if this would be important to you, but the premiums manufactured in July and August have had HDMI ports as well as that extra heatsink. The HDMI functionality is noted on the box. And hey, it's extra and it doesn't add to the cost, so you might want to look for it if you're returning your busted one.

Good luck finding one though... the few places I've asked said they're selling out their old stock first. THEN, they'll order a new batch, which would probably have the upgrades.

So I've got two questions:

What type of 360 is it? Premium, Elite...Core?

What is the manufacturing date? You can find that on a sticker on the back of the 360, as shown here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=616493

Edit: added link

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Its a premium. I couldn't justify the extra hundred bucks just because I wanted a black console for the Elite. (since I really don't care about the extra HD space.)

I'm trying the towel trick right now, will check the manufacturing date when its done.

EDIT: 02/02/07, no HDMI port.

would the component->HDMI converter cables drop the picture quality by much?

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have a premium that I got a few months after the release. A couple months ago it broke down and I sent it in for free fixing. After getting it back, it runs quieter and hasn't crapped out like it did before on occasion.

I have a premium that I got a few months after the release. A couple months ago it broke down and I sent it in for free fixing. After getting it back, it runs quieter and hasn't crapped out like it did before on occasion.

wow, I don't know how mine could have run quieter. It barely made a sound. Before crapping out even.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The only reason I can imagine for getting an XBox 360 would be if Mass Effect is fantastic, and even then I'd probably wait for the PC version like I did with Jade Empire. I'm not aware of any other promising games that are XBox exclusive. Are there any?

And they still cost over three hundred pounds, is that right?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The only reason I can imagine for getting an XBox 360 would be if Mass Effect is fantastic, and even then I'd probably wait for the PC version like I did with Jade Empire. I'm not aware of any other promising games that are XBox exclusive. Are there any?

I'm not sure on cost, I know they dipped a bit recently. There are only a few truly exclusive titles, but I'm always happy to see these games available on both the PC and 360. Dead Rising is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Games like Gears of War and Mass Effect will likely make it to the PC eventually.

If you have an HDTV, and your computer isn't top of the line, I say the 360 is a good investment.

Theres also Fable 2, which looks to be way better than 1, and I quite enjoyed the first. Dead Rising also.

Devastatorsig.jpg