Xbox 360

Eddo36

Good thing 360's don't have webcams. :teehee:

meow.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'll probably have one in a few months once some good games start releasing.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

raises hand

hey when everything comes out to about half price I went for it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I had a 360, until a few days ago when the magical red ring of death reared it's head.

>_>

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I had a 360, until a few days ago when the magical red ring of death reared it's head.

>_>

Angry ex girlfriend's eye-of-death? :huh:

That would be the one...

Damn ex's and their craziness. How I loathe them. :aiee:

Edited by Daaave

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I bought one this past March and have enjoyed a lot of the games that I've played so far. The main reason I bought it is because there's a lot of games that are coming out for the pc and 360 that'll run a lot better on my 360. Games like Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, or GTA IV. Just easier and cheaper not to upgrade.

I bought one this past March and have enjoyed a lot of the games that I've played so far. The main reason I bought it is because there's a lot of games that are coming out for the pc and 360 that'll run a lot better on my 360. Games like Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, or GTA IV. Just easier and cheaper not to upgrade.

Bioshock has two UI design teams, one for each platform, which will mean that each platform will actually play differently (mouse-keyboard versus d-pad, for example).

FOE69

add me everyone

Bok, you do realize that Edd'oh might actually do this?

Pee

Kay

:o

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 1 month later...

crap.

never have purchased a console. always does Gromnir wait until we get as a gift. got 3 xboxes and a ps2 that way. 'course, as the price jump 'tween old consoles and new is 'bout as big as Gromnir ego, we ain't been given one o' the next generation consoles... until now.

we got one o' the new xbox 360 elite consoles... and we got no idea what to do with the damned thing. have not kept up on 360 games releases 'cause we didn't have a freaking console to play said games 'pon. 'course now we gots one, but am not sure what to do with it... kinda sits there likes a mini version o' the monolith from 2001... all black and unfathomable to Gromnir.

look, does anybody got a suggestion or two 'bout xbox 360 games? am not a shooter fan... am not a twitch gamer. we not like race games. figure that if some yutz went out and spent over $400 for one o' these things for Gromnir, we should at least try, but we got 0 notion 'bout what is worth playing on new consoles.

thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hook it up to the internet and download all the demos you want, then head over to XBL Arcade and see if there are any classics you feel like reliving the glory days in.

Seriously, just about anything you would want to actually buy has a trial version on XBL which can be filtered by genre.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

crap.

never have purchased a console. always does Gromnir wait until we get as a gift. got 3 xboxes and a ps2 that way. 'course, as the price jump 'tween old consoles and new is 'bout as big as Gromnir ego, we ain't been given one o' the next generation consoles... until now.

we got one o' the new xbox 360 elite consoles... and we got no idea what to do with the damned thing. have not kept up on 360 games releases 'cause we didn't have a freaking console to play said games 'pon. 'course now we gots one, but am not sure what to do with it... kinda sits there likes a mini version o' the monolith from 2001... all black and unfathomable to Gromnir.

look, does anybody got a suggestion or two 'bout xbox 360 games? am not a shooter fan... am not a twitch gamer. we not like race games. figure that if some yutz went out and spent over $400 for one o' these things for Gromnir, we should at least try, but we got 0 notion 'bout what is worth playing on new consoles.

thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

It's pretty hard to find a game for a console that doesn't use action one way or the other. Some are fast, hectic and twitch-gameplay-based, some use it as an effective tool to build up tension.

If you seek a little slower paced, atmospheric grown-up title, I recommend Condemned: Criminal Origins for a start. Should be a bargain right now, and should not overstrain Groms lack of action-skills too much.

Also look out for Bioshock and Mass Effect in the future.

If you can hook up the 360 to the internet, there are a lot of great games on XBLA. Settlers of Catan is there, and it takes up most of my time on the console now that I've played all the relevant disc'd games. Hopefully they'll work on some of the expansions now. Overlord's there, I think. There's Carcassone, which is sort of like Catan in its board-gameness and emphasis on strategy. The new edition of Pac-Man actually improves upon a nearly perfect game. And Sega just announced it's sending a whole bunch of its classic Genesis games onto XBLA. The addition of Streets of Rage 2 makes my Wii now an effective paperweight.

crap.

never have purchased a console.

thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

Grommie is one smart cookie.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Gotta get this out of the way, Gromnir.

Grommie is one smart cookie.

Why are you here?

Now then, to Gromnir's question...

look, does anybody got a suggestion or two 'bout xbox 360 games?

Tons! Depends on what you want. I'd download Geometry Wars, even if you hate twitch games it's a blast and is sure to cause a seizure at some point.

If you mean AAA titles, there are quite a few on the horizon. Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and Mass Effect being the big 3.

Alan Wake is available on 360, if you've never played that it's worth a shot. If possible, rent first. I never played it on 360.

Catan is excellent. Condemned was pretty enjoyable, once I got over the weird camera. Dead Rising is a blast, but it might be too actiony for you. I'd still give it a try, if you like killin' zombies and psychos... and taking pikshurgraphs.

It's hard to recommend games based on their "action." Some games are action, but aren't twitchy. I don't think the Hitman series or Splinter Cell series are twitchy, and I would recommend both those 360 titles... but they're action. Splinter Cell: Double Agent was great, as was Hitman: Blood Money.

I'd recommend Overlord, though. Overlord surprised me it was so fun. You play an evil mastermind with an army of minions that you direct. Adventure game. Lots o' fun.

Edited by Shadowstrider