Virginia Tech

Jast

I'm thinking of about applying the Virginia Tech, early decision of course. Is there anyone on this board who's currently going to or was a student of VT or wants to apply there also? What GPA and SAT score did you have when you were accepted? What is there to look forward to? How's campus life, etc. Virginia Tech is my dream school, I really have no other fallback schools that I really want to go to.

the owner of the company i work for is a VT grad. my thesis co-advisor, william tranter, is a professor there (he moved shortly after i graduated in 1995). through DRS (former company) i also got to meet a lot of VT professors and several of their students, all top-notch in my opinion. i highly recommend that school if you're intending to pursue an engineering degree.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I didn't go there, and I'm not going to be able to provide any better info than any of the many college guidebooks available online or at your HS guidance counselor's office or public library. (I have visited the Blacksburg/Roanoke area once and found it to be depressingly boring.) Mostly, I'm curious as to why you consider VT your top school with no fallbacks that interest you. It's not as if there's a shortage of great public universities in the Commonwealth of Virginia-- UVA and William & Mary both have generally stronger academic reputations than VT, and James Madison U. and George Mason U. are also no slouches, either. What are you looking for in a college that makes VT such a draw?

And just what the heck is a "Hokie," anyway?

I didn't go there, and I'm not going to be able to provide any better info than any of the many college guidebooks available online or at your HS guidance counselor's office or public library. (I have visited the Blacksburg/Roanoke area once and found it to be depressingly boring.) Mostly, I'm curious as to why you consider VT your top school with no fallbacks that interest you. It's not as if there's a shortage of great public universities in the Commonwealth of Virginia-- UVA and William & Mary both have generally stronger academic reputations than VT, and James Madison U. and George Mason U. are also no slouches, either. What are you looking for in a college that makes VT such a draw?

Damn, you and your logic. I know there are many schools better then VT, but for some reason VT is the only one I like. I don't know why, it's just that VT has always interested me since I lived in the Virginia Area. I'm not really into the whole top school reputation thing. It's hard to explain.

Rock bottom tuition this year? :)

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

By the time I get in it won't be rock bottom. Heck, might even be higher. Out of state tuition is 12k more then in state tuition last I checked. I wish I lived in VA still, went to T.C Williams. I might of even got a scholarship, heh.

Come to the UK!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My parents barely want to pay for a school that's one state north of me. I'd doubt they went to pay the probaly high prices it costs to study overseas. And there colleges over there don't really have what I'm interested in. Business and Information Technology degree for me.

I've no idea how much it costs as a foreigner.

But you'd be able to drink legally... And just think of all that lovely bigotry directed at you for being an American! Oh wait, no that's something that I'm deeply ashamed of. My sales technique needs work.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Like I say, I'm ashamed to report that it is considered downright fashionable to be bigoted about Americans over here. The only upside is that it gives me the opportunity to bushwhack unsuspecting socialites when they say that sort of thing around me.

-Elwood Blues

My dear boy, that's just to brighten up the place.

-Elwood Blues

I'm still a little scared about my chances to get into VT. Damn Michael Vick factor making the school popular. All I want is a degree in Business and Information technology! If only I had kept playing football through middle school or of Vick had went to Florida State....

Instead of wasting your parent's money on alot of english, history, and non-computer science classes that you'll never use and probaly have little more then even a passing interest in the subject matter, you should just go to ITT tech. Don't waste your parents money, get drunk on your own time.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

if you do go to VT try not to get pwned by some crazy depressed asian.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Wild horses and seventy-nine virgins for all eternity couldn't drag me into IT now.

*Holds out one chocolate bourbon cream biscuit*

-Elwood Blues