Baldurs Gate 2

Full installs also eliminate the need for swapping discs (except for Planescape: Torment).

I meant having the disc present in the drive so the game's copy protection could see it, not the swapping that comes from partial installs. I never do partial installs. Sure it takes lots of space, but I still have 400Gb free on the ol' hard drive.

HAve you tried running it in windowed mode? Enter Full Screen=0 (space between Full and Screen) in the baldur.ini file, under the Program Options header.

i was going to try tonight. same problem with IWD, btw. text blocks that come up on the screen are ginormous black boxes with the text on the top. it is almost unbearable.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

HAve you tried running it in windowed mode? Enter Full Screen=0 (space between Full and Screen) in the baldur.ini file, under the Program Options header.

i was going to try tonight. same problem with IWD, btw. text blocks that come up on the screen are ginormous black boxes with the text on the top. it is almost unbearable.

taks

I think I had the same problems with my IWD1, IWD2 and BG1 and it was fixed by changing the colour depth to 16 bit. I am not sure though and I cannot check it, cause for some strange reason my game won't start... (I have a gts 8800 graphic card and windows xp sp2)

I hope that helped... :)

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

hmmm... i am using the 32-bit version... perhaps i'll try THAT first. hehe. of course, other than some of the neato 2D backgrounds, nobody really plays the old BGs for graphics anymore.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm with Gabrielle. I mean, not literally, but as far as the IE graphics go. I think they convey the scene well enough. They are, after all, well-painted backgrounds with various tiny 3D objects positioned and fixed onto them. Of course, I used to think Pong and Tank Wars were cutting edge, once up on a time.

taks

I think I had the same problems with my IWD1, IWD2 and BG1 and it was fixed by changing the colour depth to 16 bit. I am not sure though and I cannot check it, cause for some strange reason my game won't start... (I have a gts 8800 graphic card and windows xp sp2)

I hope that helped... :ermm:

I recently re-installed PS:T. i'm playing it in windowed mode, and before i started the game for the first time, i was told that certain spell effects, etc. would not display properly unless colour depth was changed from 32 bit to 16 bit.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Is this 'un compatible with Unfinished Bizness?

THROWBACK

I've always wanted tow rite BG3 where the character follows on after Silence, and takes orders from her, becoming her true servant, changes her nature, or perhaps aiming to supplant her.

Heh, since there was no BG3, I always fit Marophet (my first character to make it through all of BG, NG 30th level Conjurer) into my PnP campaigns. Fun stuff.

Edited by Pop

I just reinstalled the whole Bhaalspawn saga and started up a Blade (rolling 99 in char. creation) using EasyTuTu. It's been a while since I played BG1 but it's still fun as hell. Now I just need to find the "Varscona" longsword and pry it from the dead hands of Greywolf and I'll be one happy boy.