WEP key, what?

Hey guys. I need some help. I am trying to connect to the internet with my Nintendo DS, and it says I need a WEP key. Does anyone know where I can find that on my computer? Thanks in advance.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The problem is that I don't know how to get into my wireless router's configuration stuff to view it.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Linksys is gay.

No, Linksys are a very good company. Your router is at 168.0.0.1 (or is it 169 ... can't recall off the top of my head -- also you can configure it, that's the default). You'll need your account and password (there is a default for this, too: admin and password, IIRC).

You should know all this, from when you set the router up.

I would hasten to caution you to change your account and password, too, and (if possible) only allow access from a cable and not via wireless (for added security). Otherwise any war-dialer travelling past your neighbourhood will be able to change your router setup, and steal your bandwidth.

Your WEP setup is on one of the configuration pages.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I could be way off, since I have a Netgear router, but your generic WEP key might be located on your actual router. I think I remember that being the case when I hooked into my buddie's Lynksys network.

The problem is I can't figure out how to get to the set-up or configuration stuff on my Linksys to view my WEP. Sur showed me last time, but I have forgotten how to get to it, and Sur hasn't been on MSN for a long time. : ( I miss Sur.

No, Linksys are a very good company. Your router is at 168.0.0.1 (or is it 169 ... can't recall off the top of my head -- also you can configure it, that's the default).

192.168.0.1 or 10.1.1.1

Connect to your router over wired connection, and use your browser (above addresses) to configure WEP key (or WPA if possible as WEP is total rubbish).

No, Linksys are a very good company. Your router is at 168.0.0.1 (or is it 169 ... can't recall off the top of my head -- also you can configure it, that's the default). You'll need your account and password (there is a default for this, too: admin and password, IIRC).

uh, probably 192.168.0.1 or similar. 192 is a reserved # for "local networks." there are others, but most that i've seen start with 192.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

As well, you could (if using XP) identify your router through Network setting and simply double click it in My Network Places ... barring that you have not yet found the answer ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: