Cheaters!

Calax

"Age =/= skill"

Sorry; but games that can be beat by a 2 year with no help from an adult are easy.

Right. I'll beleive you when you actually do what you say: come back when you get beat the original Pacman. Then tell me how easy it was.

It took almost twenty years, but on July 3, 1999 for the first time ever, a perfect score of 3,333,360 was achieved on Pac-Man by Billy Mitchell at the Funspot Family Fun Center, Weirs Beach, New Hampshire. To achieve this, Billy had to eat every single bonus prize and every possible blue ghost in all 256 levels of the game - a feat which took him over six hours to complete. Not only that but he didn't lose a single life. It was the first ever perfect game of Pac-Man.

On completing the game, Billy announced "I never have to play that darn game again". He had been playing for seventeen years.

...because, as we know, in order to "beat the game" you have to get a perfect score... That TOTALLY proves your point. GG.

Anyway, the very fact that you'd even bring up Pac-Man boggles the mind. It's like bringing up Geometry Wars or Tetris. These games aren't supposed to have "ends." You're not supposed to "beat" them. Modern games, for the most part, have stories. That means beginning somewhere and ending somewhere. That's something Pac-Man, Tetris, and Geometry Wars lack, and THAT's why these games are "harder," not because they're older. The newest iteration of Pac-Man is just as difficult as the old one, in the end. Pinball also has no end... it is clearly the hardest game ever!

Pretending for a moment that difficulty isn't a completely subjective concept... Compare Super Mario 64 to Mario Bros. Mario 64 was more difficult for me, but Super Mario Bros. on SNES was more difficult than either, and Mario Bros. 2 was more difficult than any of 'em. Oh and lulz at whoever brought up Castlevania. That game wasn't difficult, it was retarded. Someone already pointed out the "throw holywater at the floor" bit...

Go play Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the hardest difficulty, then get back to me about new games not being difficult. Prince of Persia for Xbox was also pretty difficult, certainly more difficult than King's Quest, Duke Nukem, or Megaman... although the hardest game ever is still Leisure Suit Larry... in real life.

I theorize that Low G Man might be the hardest game ever. I theorize this because after countless months of trying to beat this NES game, I finally buckled and pulled out the Game Genie just so I could FINISH THE DAMN GAME. Lo and behold, I STILL couldn't finish it.

Silver Surfer for the NES was up there.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Megaman 2.

I'll never, ever play that game again. Not even if you swore to axemurder me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mega Man 2 was the only Mega Man game I ever owned!

Wood Man is in 2.

lol at the NA boxart. Even as a child, I knew it was wrong that Megaman was holding a gun on the cover.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hah, I remember that boxart from a pirate! I also thought it was from back then.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Honestly, I've cheated my way through some games. Most notably, I cheated myself all the way through WarCraft III when it came out. I finished it cheatless a later time, but the first time I just wanted to know the story as quickly as possible.

I did the same thing with Warcraft 3, although I did manage to play through the human campaign before I started cheating. I thought the story was interesting, but the game play just didn't hook me. I wonder how widespread this was with WC3. I know that at least 2 people that I know in real life did the same thing. :ermm:

Same here.

Put me down as another. I played through with cheats to see the story, then played through again without. I do that with a lot of Blizzard games. Makes me wish they would make an actual RPG.

I'm another Blizzard cheater. Of course, with WCIII, I was more concerned with what to expect story wise in WoW.

Because I can.

Plus its a lesson they will learn that there are predators out there. Something I learned on my first experience on Battlenet. Seeing what I thought was a defenseless mage ended up being a hacked character who's fireball did over 1000+ damage. Took all of my hard earned gold.

Actually I don't take their gold or items, I have no use for it. The character editors I use supply me with whatever I want.

I only cheat maybe 30% of the time any way.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Isn't that against the EULA? And hasn't Dark Raven posted screenies with character names? I'm just saying...

in OPEN no, in CLOSED yes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only time I ever cheat is when I get bored, so I cheat all the armour and weapon goodies into my inventory to have a looksie. But the reason I get so bored is because games no longer feel like a challenge or maybe it's not so much the lack of difficulty that sparks my boredom but the familiarity, you get to a point when you have played games for so many years that all new releases feel like a shiny reincarnation of what came before. Thats probably why I stick with RPG's, the gameplay may feel the same but at least the characters and story is something new.

Plus its a lesson they will learn that there are predators out there.

What a noob.

:lol:

Maybe I should hire someone to rob DR, but not kill or anything, just rob. It'll teach a lesson that there are robbers out there.

The only time I ever cheat is when I get bored, so I cheat all the armour and weapon goodies into my inventory to have a looksie. But the reason I get so bored is because games no longer feel like a challenge or maybe it's not so much the lack of difficulty that sparks my boredom but the familiarity, you get to a point when you have played games for so many years that all new releases feel like a shiny reincarnation of what came before. Thats probably why I stick with RPG's, the gameplay may feel the same but at least the characters and story is something new.

I sometimes do this, mostly in games like Stalker where there is no autosave. Simply because I'm not ocd about saving.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.