fallout 3

Well Ive recently started to have hope that fallout 3 is in good hands, but it just isnt right. I wish black isle would of made it. Its from their creative minds, all Bethesda can do is add to it. They wont bring too many new things "to the table". They will just use everything black isle has created and add to it. Fallout is black isles baby! Yeah its just a game I know, but hey you have to admit, its a pretty bad ass game world. Do any of you go to those forums. Its like all these oblivion-knights game along and claim it shouldn't be turn based or ISO, when they really have no room to talk because they never played the originals. I know fallout 3 will kick ass but it wont ever be authentic, it will just be left overs from what is one of the coolest rpgs ever made. I know I'm a fallout fiend, sorry to bring the drama to this forum. But all of you seem like you would be interested. Everyone here seems to love baldur's gate/etc... believe me I do too. I hope they make baldurs gate 3. What do all of you think of Bethesda soft works? I'm curious! I cant sit there and say, black isle created all the fallouts. Black isle being one of my favorite game companies, I think its sad they dont have the rights to create the sequal to THEIR creation.

Black Isle has been gone since 2003. Black Isle doesn't exist anymore to create games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The real crisis here is that Hades is going to quit gaming forever.

We must stop Bethesda.

Go Bethesda!

Bethesda is a high quality developer that continues to thrive in a genre that is struggling tremendously. They release RPG's that are easily marketable and they do so in a very intelligent manner. Bioware and Bethesda are the only developers that are keeping the RPG genre relevant to consumers.

Personally, I didn't enjoy Oblivion all that much, but that doesn't keep me from seeing the reality of how important RPG blockbusters like this are to my favorite game genre.

The whole Fallout thing isn't a glass half full/half empty issue. Without Bethesda we wouldn't have a Fallout 3. I appreciate that they are tackling a great frachise and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I read reviews.

Bioware and Bethesda are the only developers that are keeping the RPG genre relevant to consumers.

Ouch, and on the Obsidian forum too. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, I've played Morrowind for about a half hour. I haven't played Oblivion yet, and have no real desire to, but I still have hopes for Fallout 3, and I dunno even why I do. Maybe it's just happiness that the franchise isn't dead. Sure, we all wanted to see Van Buren make it, but we can't change what is, and anyone who isn't an employee at Bethesda and who already knows exactly what Fallout 3 will or will not be, is still just speculating.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I contest any claim that Bethesda makes RPGs. They're far closer to Diablo than Baldur's Gate.

I contest any claim that SquareEnix makes RPGs but hey, what are you gonna do?

Bioware and Bethesda are the only developers that are keeping the RPG genre relevant to consumers.

Ouch, and on the Obsidian forum too. :)

With all due respect to Obs, they're still a baby company. 2 games (whose success is owed in some part to previous Bioware success) does not a powerhouse make. If the Alien RPG and, more importantly, an original IP do well, then I think I'd be comfortable saying they've really come into their own.

Edited by Pop

I concur. Though, I don't have full exposure to all of their franchises, the ones I'm familiar with are not RPGs.

What I'm going to do is contest any attempt at grouping them together with companies that make actual RPGs.

Although I was really disappointed when Bethesda acquired Fallout 3, I do not think that the license would be better off with Obsidian. Unfortunately, Black Isle died long ago and people need to accept that.

Where's my copy of The Black Hound? I am still waiting for it!

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Bethesda is a high quality developer that continues to thrive in a genre that is struggling tremendously. They release RPG's that are easily marketable and they do so in a very intelligent manner. Bioware and Bethesda are the only developers that are keeping the RPG genre relevant to consumers.

Yeah, Bethesda is just as important to providing good crpgs as McDonald is to providing health food. Both commercially successful mind you :lol:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I concur. Though, I don't have full exposure to all of their franchises, the ones I'm familiar with are not RPGs.

What I'm going to do is contest any attempt at grouping them together with companies that make actual RPGs.

Turn-based, isometric 2d engines? :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So, in keeping with the logic, I should go register an account with bethsoft and post in their fallout forum how displeased I am that the alien crpg is in the hands of Obsidian.

k.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nah. You register there and flame the tards for wishing to do lame things to the great Fallout.

My days of flaming tards are over. In my declining yaers I find it much easier to simply be a tard and not worry about the flames. :shifty:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Turn-based, isometric 2d engines? :shifty:

Meta, things like complete sentences help in communicating.

By any chance are you schizophrenic?