NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Well, I was a bit cynical about the Ducks at first, but I was happy to watch them win. They definitely deserved it and have shown what a good playoff team they are over the last few years. I can't be too hard on Pronger and Selanne, either. It's no conicidence that Pronger's been to the finals the alst two years. Giguerre has also shown that he wasn't just a flash in the pan a few years back.

It's pretty exciting to see a Californian team win the Cup. It will hopefully be a boost for hockey in the state.

So...anyone else surprised by Niedemeyer getting the MVP? It was awesome to watch him with his brother, though.

Congrats to the ducks. I didn't get to watch the game as I was working, but I understand that Ottawa steered a couple goals into their own net. I figure anytime a team does that in an elimination game, they must want to go home. Anyway, now the offseason free agent/trade period begins... well soon, and apart from the playoff races toward the regular season it's my favourite time of the hockey year.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I feel sorry for Alfredsson. The guy battled his heart out and got nothing for it, despite scoring 14 goals.

Congratulations, Anaheim, I knew you were heading somewhere when you dispatched my finals prediction Minnesota so easily.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And now Canucks fans get to use the excuse "Well of course we lost, the team that beat us won the cup."

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think Detroit could have beat the Canucks too. Don't like to say it, I was kinda cheering for Vancouver, but Detroit would have shut them down too.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

The way they played against the ducks, anyone could have beat them.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Meh, I wish Ottawa had won, but Anaheim totally deserves it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Congratz Selanne and Ducks :lol:

This post will propably be my only contribution for hockey thread ever :*

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It was all on the finnish news today about Selanne as well. Before last night he had a World Championship bronze and silver, World Cup silver and Olympic silver. Also, he's won rookie of the year award and have most goals per season in 1999. Simply put, about time the poor guy got his Stanley Cup trophy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It was all on the finnish news today about Selanne as well. Before last night he had a World Championship bronze and silver, World Cup silver and Olympic silver. Also, he's won rookie of the year award and have most goals per season in 1999. Simply put, about time the poor guy got his Stanley Cup trophy.

He's only played a 1000 games without a cup. He's still several seasons behind Trevor Linden at 1400 something games for active cup-less streaks. :*

Trevor Linden is active? :p

He scored the goal that eliminated Dallas from the playoffs this year. :p

In other news I have never wanted to win a draw more than the one I just entered. Walmart here in town is holding a draw for an autographed Corey Perry or Mike Fisher jersey. I would so like to show up when Perry brings the cup to town wearing an autographed Mike Fisher jersey. It would at least partially make up for Mike Fisher not being the one to bring the cup here. :thumbsup:

On the radio today they were talking about how everyone was right when they told the Canucks they were idiots for firing Brian Burke.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Now if the Leafs can unload one of their high-priced defencemen (McCabe, Kubina), maybe they can go after a good forward, like Ryan Smyth.

I'm glad we kept Sundin. It would have been sad to see him go already, even though it's just postponing the inevitable a year. Mats may be a has been but he's still the best player on the Leafs team. Easily. Unfortunately.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!