Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

Cheers from me as well, damn.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The way

Unicron showed up at the end of Transformers

was awesome.

Ever heard of spoiler tags?

d'oh

His eternal quest to be cool and stunted mental growth have finally coalesced into something outwardly harmful. I owe you $10 Kor.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

money orders only, pal. I've heard where those hands of yours have been.

And Don, I've been registered for 2 and a half years over there with no posts. Can you beat that?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

And Don, I've been registered for 2 and a half years over there with no posts. Can you beat that?

Dammit - registration wise, we're about par, but I may actually have 1 or 2 posts to my name. :sad:

manthing2.jpg

Thread Pruned ... remember the family nature of the fora please.

But Fio, sTale deserves public ridicule for his thoughtless actions. Can we at least shoot him and piss on his corpse?

Dammit - registration wise, we're about par, but I may actually have 1 or 2 posts to my name. :sad:

Heh, I don't even show up as a member since I haven't posted yet.

Three bowls from now I'll be sitting down to watch Reno 911:Miami. I hope to laugh my ass off.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thread Pruned ... remember the family nature of the fora please.

But Fio, sTale deserves public ridicule for his thoughtless actions. Can we at least shoot him and piss on his corpse?

Fo' sho, Fio.

Tale brought spoilers to the forum thread, and Kor got blamed for it, and it's really turn his life upside-down face.

manthing2.jpg

edit:Hey Don, are you registered for their forums?

Oerwinde

Pudgy Plumber

I'm ancient.

Some of the post counts on there are silly. One of the moderators has like 40k posts.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just got back from Live Free or Die Hard. Yippee-ki-yay motherf***er awesomeness. Still, Apple Guy is no Jules Windu Jackson.

I'm pretty ambivalent about the movie. For every good thing about the movie, there's a pretty disappointing one. It's got some trademark McClane jokes but they don't always go well with the mostly humorless cast of characters. Justin Long sounds overly deadpan and his attempts at humor come out weird, like nervous giggles spilling out of the mouth of some guy who didn't took his medication. It's got the right amount of action scenes but some are - incredibly for the series - too over the top (

if you thought it was a bit too much to have John ride on the back of a dumpster truck being kicked around by a flood caused by a destroyed dam in Die Hard With A Vengeance, how's riding the back of an F-35 (actually an X-35B) VTOL aircraft and jumping into the remains of a concrete bridge, sliding down across it and coming out almost unscathed sound?

). The terrorists are pretty forgettable, all of them: no humor, no character. I can still recite most of Hans Gruber's lines from Die Hard thanks to Alan Rickman's good acting and character development. You really wanted to hate Gruber sometimes, or even smirk at how much of a nuisance Simon was turning out to be even if those Bioware puzzles at the park were stupid. Here, you're looking at a wall. There are no quirks, no character flaws, nothing that would make him a likable villain. The only way he stands out is being a worse character than Colonel Stuart in Die Hard 2. And don't get me started on how the asian asskicker cannot tell how an injured and slow McClane isn't running against her, despite his heavy footsteps.

It was fun but not always or not always in the right way. If this sparks interest in the Die Hard franchise, I hope someone more qualified for the job can write a better sequel.

Also, saw Jarhead recently. Interesting portrayal of how war can influence soldier's minds but I've been spoiled after Apocalypse Now.

I dunno. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard. Great series, although Willis is getting a little long in the tooth for this action stuff.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Just came back watching Transformers. Its surprisingly good and that the concept they introduce the transformers in the movie is in a much more believable and realistic, in a science fiction manner.

Notable actor would be Shia Belouf. His performance certainly cracked up many audiences in the theatre with his on screen improvisional jokes.

Bourne Identity + Bourne Supremacy

Got the BI DVD with the ex-CIA op interview and Moby's "Extreme Ways" video (and lots of other goodies). Good stuff all around.

Is that the "explosive" edition or something? I've got the original collectors edition and it has the music video but not the CIA interview. On the other hand I get extra commentary tracks. :sorcerer:

Bourne Identity + Bourne Supremacy

Got the BI DVD with the ex-CIA op interview and Moby's "Extreme Ways" video (and lots of other goodies). Good stuff all around.

Is that the "explosive" edition or something? I've got the original collectors edition and it has the music video but not the CIA interview. On the other hand I get extra commentary tracks. :sorcerer:

Yes, it's the "Explosive Extended Edition: Includes An All New Beginning & Ending". I haven't watched the alternate bookends yet, but I did watch several other bonus features.

Here's a trailer for The Bourne Ultimatum. I'll probably add it to the collection when it comes out later this summer.

I thought both the first and second movies were good. Can't wait for the third one.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Here's a transcript of Chase Brandon, the CIA Officer interviewed about the Bourne Identity. On DVD it's interspersed with clips from the movie to augment what is being said.

When you enter the main lobby of our building, on the right wall is the agency's motto, and it's from the book of John, and it says "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free", and that really is, quite simply and fundamentally, what the CIA does each and every day.

The CIA really consists of four basic administrative areas. Three of them are totally overt, and most all of the people work in the agency headquarters building. They have basically normal lives. The smallest part of the agency, which in our parlance is the Clandestine Service - it's where I've spent my entire career - our work is not in headquarters; we don't commute in to an office every day. We live and work and spend our entire lives scattered all over the face of this planet, trying to find out the plans and intentions of bad people before they can carry those out and harm national security interests or U.S. lives.

Matt Damon's character, Jason, in the movie, would be a Field Operations Officer. Jason will have been trained in self defense, weapons handling, high speed driving, disguise, secret writing, communications. He would be taught, as we are, an entire array of what we collectively call the Tradecraft Skills. The best plan invariably turns to chaos, and a good ops officer never breaks stride even when everything around him is coming apart, and it can be very, very challenging at times.

I really enjoyed the scene in the Diner when Jason's telling Marie he doesn't know who he is, but he knows he can name the license plates, the clothing people are wearing. Well, that's because it's truly second nature, as an Ops Officer, to be highly cognizant to your environment and people around you. You are taught, and you do work on, being able to scan a room, and then leave that room and sit down and be able to sketch how it was laid out, the titles of the books, the clothing that people were wearing. You need to be very, very attentive; very, very observant; and Jason knows that he's doing that, he just doesn't know why at that point because he's still struggling to get his memory back.

I like the fact that the chase scene wasn't some souped up, high performance car with flames painted on the side, that was spinning rubber. This little red car that was bouncing down stairs - that's pretty much how that would work. (laughs) You know, you're driving the car and "Oh My God" you've gotta go someplace, and boom-bang down the stairs. You know, you try to escape. He was doing everything in a very ordinary, linear, non-high tech way, because that's pretty much how it'd work.

There's a saying that, in the hands of a master, anything can become a weapon. The more trained you are with weaponry and survival skills, the more you'll be able to rely on it when and if crisis situations occur, and you have to improvise, modify, adapt and overcome. You see that with the fight scene where Bourne simply picks up a ball-point pen, off the desk, and uses it as a field-expedient improvised weapon. And you can cause serious damage. I like that scene very much because it was quite realistic.

Actual fighting comes down to some pretty crude grappling, and you saw that with Bourne. I mean everything was linear and straight, and it was over quickly, which is how that kind of fighting really takes place.

I have to tell you, as an agency officer, I totally applaud the idea of Jason Bourne's training and the wonderful line of demarcation between his hard, extraordinary operational side, and his quite compassionate, ordinary human side, but in the end, the movie was quite a thrill ride, and really well done.

*whew* He talks fast.

Edited by Wistrik