KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

And why is that? Original concept, not dumbdowning for consoles, fine graphics and best writers of Bio are working on it. Of course, it can end up suckage, but so far it is very promising.

ME has incredibly unoriginal art direction, plain dull combat, stupid dialogue system (unless you like EXTREME COLLAR GRABBINGS) and when developer says it's easy to confuse it with FPS... UTTER FAIL

And no, alien lesbian sex scene does not save it!

LOL wow, you and Tale must be a newbie tag team to this forum.

Both of you really need to enter reality, Mass Effects is going to do HUGE numbers and be a top earner and most played game of the year easily.

And how do you know the combat sucks? Since the pre sales havent even gone out yet? Sorry but its not Nov 20th yet little one.

Let me guess, you call Mass Effects in the Fantasy genre (and not sci fi) as well dont you.

How about you actually play the game before you pass judgement.

Edited by Kalfear

When have I ever said anything bad about Mass Effect?

As for whether it is sci-fi or Fantasy, I've seen hints in both directions. The claim of what the theme is leans heavily towards Sci-Fi, however the main character develops magic powers. No telling for me, at this point, how much a role those powers play into the themes and story of the game. It's definitely a co-mingling, but towards which area of speculative fiction it leans most is not something I can point out as of yet.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest The Architect
Both of you really need to enter reality, Mass Effects is going to do HUGE numbers and be a top earner and most played game of the year easily.

:lol:

Xard happens to dislike Mass Effect so all of a sudden that means he needs to enter reality? :)

What does the so called likelihood that Mass Effect will be the most successfully selling and played game of the year have to do with anything? Great sales =! great game, you know.

And how do you know the combat sucks? Since the pre sales havent even gone out yet? Sorry but its not Nov 20th yet little one.

He knows the combat sucks, the art direction is unoriginal, the dialogue system sucks ass and it's easy to confuse the game with a FPS probably the same way I know that:

Via official game previews and articles on the game, you know, so you can get a generally good idea of what to expect.

Let me guess, you call Mass Effects in the Fantasy genre (and not sci fi) as well dont you.

Based on what Tale's said, the main character develops magic powers in the game. From my perspective it doesn't matter how much of an impact it plays on the themes and story of the game. Any game with paranormal material in it is enough to qualify it as fantasy I believe, among other things, depending on the game. This, however, isn't the place to discuss this.

It's not as if it's impossible to pass judgment on a game without playing it, if you've seen and know enough about the game to form an opinion on it. So long as you don't claim that your view is factual, in spite of the fact you may have a very compelling argument, what's the problem?

And why is that? Original concept, not dumbdowning for consoles, fine graphics and best writers of Bio are working on it. Of course, it can end up suckage, but so far it is very promising.

ME has incredibly unoriginal art direction, plain dull combat, stupid dialogue system (unless you like EXTREME COLLAR GRABBINGS) and when developer says it's easy to confuse it with FPS... UTTER FAIL

And no, alien lesbian sex scene does not save it!

LOL wow, you and Tale must be a newbie tag team to this forum.

Uhh, you were sarcastic there, right? Right?

"Both of you really need to enter reality, Mass Effects is going to do HUGE numbers and be a top earner and most played game of the year easily."

So I criticize game and I need to enter reality? 'Mmkay.

ME will do huge numbers, no doubt, will be top earner, no doubt, most played game of the year, not likely.

Sell success doesn't correlate with goodness of game. Oblivion was huge hit yet bad RPG. What's point of this part of post?

"And how do you know the combat sucks?"

From videos, previews and that one review that's out already. Heck, that review was raving hype but hilariously it did cricize combat pretty much (and some other aspects too). And yet it got 10/10. Hilarious.

"Let me guess, you call Mass Effects in the Fantasy genre (and not sci fi) as well dont you."

Nope, not from what I've seen. Originally it looked like it would have some sort of magic a la Dark Power, but the explanation for these abilities is tied with black matter/black energy (can't remember which one) so technically it is not of supernatural origin.

Of course, that's just typical space opera jargon and in all but name that's magic. But that's not the point here.

"How about you actually play the game before you pass judgement."

Sure, I might be horribly wrong here, but so far I've yet to see anything that would interest me in this and take back my words. Just read last part of TA's post would you. I haven't claimed my opinion being factual.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If they go into long discussions about telemetrics, human-machine interfaces and advanced robotics controlled by AIs, one supernatural aspect doesn't turn it into fantasy. I think Mass Effect fits the soft-scifi label pretty spot on.

Now, Star Wars' main drive is the fight between good and evil, both armed with swords. Even if they've explained that X-Wings forego skimming jets when they exit atmosphere and there's actually an explanation why there's noise in space, it's thematically fantasy. Mass Effect on the other hand seems to have all the makings of a scifi instalment, though I've yet to see philosophic aspect of scifi anywhere there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If they go into long discussions about telemetrics, human-machine interfaces and advanced robotics controlled by AIs, one supernatural aspect doesn't turn it into fantasy. I think Mass Effect fits the soft-scifi label pretty spot on.

Now, Star Wars' main drive is the fight between good and evil, both armed with swords. Even if they've explained that X-Wings forego skimming jets when they exit atmosphere and there's actually an explanation why there's noise in space, it's thematically fantasy. Mass Effect on the other hand seems to have all the makings of a scifi instalment, though I've yet to see philosophic aspect of scifi anywhere there.

I'd rank ME as space opera (which borderlines both fantasy and scifi )

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Back to Kotor?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Back to Kotor?

maybe later. for now madden gets my attention

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'd rank ME as space opera (which borderlines both fantasy and scifi )

Yeah, the approaching evil robots really do fit that genre category. And lesbian aliens. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Personnally I think Dragon Age is the most "meh" Bio title.

There is like... barely any info on the game out?

Bio's best writers are at work on Dragon Age? I have a hard time figuring out if that's good or not. The lead writer for Baldur's Gate II apparently also wrote Carth.

I guess I should be hopeful since it's supposedly a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

Judging by the fangirls he has, Carth did his job. Plus, Carth wasn't really that bad a character, I think. Just the darkside ending was so inconsistent with his personality throughout the game...

Hi all, I'm new the boards, but have a little input on what I'd like to see in Kotor 3. I really think that there needs to be more planets to explore. I've been pretty consistant in both K1 & K2 to average 40 hrs of game play (spending a fairly good amount of time doing side missions and searching). If there couldn't be more planets, then make them bigger and give MORE free roaming within each planet. I played SW Galaxies for a while, though I didn't really like the game itself, I did like several things about it. and the best thing I like was the NPC's and the missions and the free roaming capabilities, I know that is an MMORPG, however, but some things could be crossed over to the Kotor series...imo.

Hmm Mass Effect does look promising but just because its gona be successfull wont knock out KOTOR 3 Obsidian currently has slim projects, but this entire forums is proof of how badly the game is wanted. I think THAT should be enough.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Obz has been doing negotiations for K3 since release of K2. Blame LA

I actually prefer the more restricted roaming, since I think gives more of a cinematic feeling to the game, imo.

That's what cutscenes are supposed to do :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Obz has been doing negotiations for K3 since release of K2. Blame LA

I've blamed LA for it a long time now, and I still do.

Yaaaaarr, 'curse 'em imbecils! Blasphemy!

Something I would like is that Obsidian made Kotor 2 over again and this time fixed all the bugs and cuts, adding things as the Droid Factory and perhaps some totaly new material. I know team-gizka is working on this but as some one said it will be done at 2020...

It's just wishfull thinking and it will probably never happen but still...

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think the fact that it has been such a long time ago since Kotor II was released many people have lost interest in both this forum and the game. I would no doubt expect that if you want to buy the game now,you can get it for $5,=. I could be wrong but I think it's like that. However, if Lucasarts makes a good marketing campaign about Kotor III it would no doubt regain a lot of interest from the gameplayers.

I have left the game and this forum for some time mainly because I was busy and I moved to other games. Waiting for a Kotor III to be released and coming up with idea's? I have done it and maybe will do it again but it's not like there is anything more left to say. If dev's are smart, they will listen. If they are not, they will just create their own fantasy and still make millions because uhm, everyone will still buy the game anyway because it is called Kotor III.

Master Vandar lives!

Honestly, I think the fact that it has been such a long time ago since Kotor II was released many people have lost interest in both this forum and the game. I would no doubt expect that if you want to buy the game now,you can get it for $5,=. I could be wrong but I think it's like that. However, if Lucasarts makes a good marketing campaign about Kotor III it would no doubt regain a lot of interest from the gameplayers.

I have left the game and this forum for some time mainly because I was busy and I moved to other games. Waiting for a Kotor III to be released and coming up with idea's? I have done it and maybe will do it again but it's not like there is anything more left to say. If dev's are smart, they will listen. If they are not, they will just create their own fantasy and still make millions because uhm, everyone will still buy the game anyway because it is called Kotor III.

ya tonite is the first time ive been on the forum in months mainly becuase i lost interrest....got tired of waiting!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

now that LA have announced the game to be released before christmas, does anyone know if it will be out on PC and Xbox, cos all the websites that have announced this are Xbox ones, but im an avid PC gamer lol

any news would be great from anyone with an inkling into this new info lol

one of the announcements is posted below:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165554

+++++++++++++++

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me

I think Christmas 2007 would be unlikely - why (and how) would LucasArts have kept the game under wraps for so long? Kotor 1 was a huge thing and Kotor 2 didn't do badly either, so they'd want to trumpet Kotor 3 for months before release - the full magazine preview hype thing that Bethesda and Bioware do so well... There's a chance that Kotor 3 is the Bioware/LucasArts joint project announced recently, but no more than a chance. Hawk's right - this is just a rumour, and not really one of the more plausible ones we've heard.

Edit: Plus that article was dated June.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

LucasArts hasn't announced anything.

Well, they have announced that they are making a new game together with Bioware, but that's it. It's definately not coming out anytime soon, heck, they haven't even said anything about the game, that alone should tell you that a release this year would be impossible.

sadly most of our info on this game is assumption and rumour, because we have absolutelly nothing else to work with. I do hope it is more than rumour, but i wouldnt want a rushed release, although i can safelly say i may be one of the only people who prefered KOTOR 2 to 1 just because of the evil stuff, it was so worth it to see Nihilus, that guy is soooo awesome!

on a non related note, i want one thing for christmas which would put a smile on my face - re-release KOTOR 2 with all the missed out stuff back in. I mean, the restoration mods are great and all but its nothing compared to what obsidian and LA is capable of. Please guys, if not, release it as patches, maybe in parts for Dialup users, which might be a better idea because otherwise it would mean buying the game again!

+++++++++++++++

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me