KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

Surprise, surprise, I am back. Space battles may seem good but they shouldn't come as a requirement for Kotor III. Many people hated the fights in space in Kotor I, some people sayd that they couldn't complete it because they are handicapped. Others simply wanted to get a drink when they were travelling from one planet to the other to not sit there and await loading times. The space scenes didn't offer anything either, no xp, no loot, nothing. Don't get me wrong, space is part of star wars and without space it the game isn't complete but I think you should be able to do like Kotor II / onderon battle or maybe tell some of your companions to man the turrets so they can take out the fighters, off course you would see a cutscene when your companions take out some fighters.

I think in a sense, LA has left the KotOR franchise behind, but they haven't.

What I mean is, well, my Archie senses just tell me that LA isn't interested in continuing the "Revan/Exile/thingy" saga anymore, but, later on down the track, when KotOR III discussions mentioning words such as Revan, the Exile and the True Sith pretty much just die away, LA will announce KotOR III, and at first, we'll all be pretty excited and stuff, only to find out that it's an entirely new story they're doing.

So to put short, I don't think LA will abandon the KotOR franchise, but I don't think LA is not going to take the cowards way out of answering the currently unanswered questions of TSL. I hope I'm wrong, but hope has always led me to sadness and disappointment in my life, so yeah.

Yeah, I definately hope you are wrong, on the other hand they might "go canon", you know that I don't like that idea but it might be the other option. Hm, sometimes you can ask yourself what's better, a canon storyline with a LSM Revan / LSF Exile or one in which they are both dead. I hope it will be one where we can customize our Revan / Exile but it might be wishful thinking. The "problem" is that people will still buy the game.

Has any one read Darth Bane? That could be a good starting point for a new series if LA chooses to. After all, it was written by the author of the KoTOR series.

There's already a second Bane novel on the way, and quite frankly I couldn't figure out how to make a game out of that time anyway. The Sith went in hiding and didn't re-appear for another 1000 years, that doesn't look all that appealing to me.

I'm sure something could be made using Darth Zannah, especially if they... ummm, ermm.... :):wub:o:)

This is a family forum, but I think you get the picture

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I would like which side of the force you choose to have greater consequences. Like in KOTOR, if you go darkside on Manaan and kill the great Firaxa shark, you were barred from going back to Manaan. Or like dark side powers cost more force points than light side powers. I would like the choices to effect the outcome of the game more. Kind of like a choose your own adventure book.

And I would like the same thing to happen concerning companions. I would like for there to be an ability to choose some of your companions. Like the main character could meet key people on the different planets they visit, and there could be key conversation choices to get them to join your team. (And I would like to not be able to tell their alignment, like if they are friend or foe, light side or dark side) And I would also like for there to be consequences depending on the person you choose. For example, you have picked a certain person to be your companion and you receive a special mission: It is to secretly infiltrate a Sith stronghold, without detection. But there is a problem. Your new companion is secretly a Sith spy and could greatly endanger and hinder your mission.

This is just an idea I thought of yesterday, and thought it sounded pretty good. o:) Though this all may not be plausible. :)

Kotor 3 was never going to be made by Bioware anyway.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

K3'll be made by EA...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wouldn't it rather pecuilar if the game was somewhat in flashback mode...Well at least the beginning. Say it goes back to the mandalorian wars, actually just the main battles serroco,dagary minor, and much more. That as the intro as u go on kinda like KOTOR 1 but then who the MPC should be Im not quite sure. People want revan/exile but we need a character not yet developed.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

K3'll be made by EA...

Not unheard of, but doubtful.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

anything starwars based MUST ALWAYS go through LucasArts, simply because it's doubtful that LA would hand their cash cow over to anything other than a developer and always act as publisher thus netting lucas more money.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Especially on THAT franchise.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

anything starwars based MUST ALWAYS go through LucasArts, simply because it's doubtful that LA would hand their cash cow over to anything other than a developer and always act as publisher thus netting lucas more money.

LucasArts already uses EA for distribution in the Japanese market. However, nothing discounts the possibility of Lucasarts using an EA developer, but still publishing themselves.

I honestly think lucasarts is waiting to see what buiseness mass effect does and how it plays before it decides to do kotor 3 because lets be fair if it is even half as good as it looks mass effect is set to be the deffinative sci fi role playing game and as much as I love the kotor games (I've cleared them both countless times easily my favrite games) I just can't see how anyone is going to beat mass effect in this genre the only way kotor 3 would come out is if lucasarts licences the mass effect engine off bioware the likleyness of that happening is slim so unless mass effect tanks I think kotor 3 is gonna be a no show

I don't think that Mass Effect would have any effect on whether there is going to be a KOTOR III or not.

If there is one game which keeps KOTOR III from the public view, it's Force Unleashed. They are not going to say anything about KOTOR until FU is out. If there still isn't anything about KOTOR III a few months after Force Unleashed has been released, then I would wonder about whether KOTOR is in the short-term plans of LucasArts.

ME must be most "meh" game by Bioware ever =/

OH HI IMMA JACK BAUER IN SPACE

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Personnally I think Dragon Age is the most "meh" Bio title.

And why is that? Original concept, not dumbdowning for consoles, fine graphics and best writers of Bio are working on it. Of course, it can end up suckage, but so far it is very promising.

ME has incredibly unoriginal art direction, plain dull combat, stupid dialogue system (unless you like EXTREME COLLAR GRABBINGS) and when developer says it's easy to confuse it with FPS... UTTER FAIL

And no, alien lesbian sex scene does not save it!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Bio's best writers are at work on Dragon Age? I have a hard time figuring out if that's good or not. The lead writer for Baldur's Gate II apparently also wrote Carth.

I guess I should be hopeful since it's supposedly a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

I guess I should be hopeful since it's supposedly a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

I hope that means "it builds on old favorites but opens up new ground for the genre", rather than "forest full of xvarts ad infinitum".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

if Calo Nord himself said he was difficult to kill, perhaps he was more difficult than anyone thought, and Malak naturally had many dark jedi everywhere who could have rescued Calo Nord after his defeat and he could make a return in K3

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

I don't think Revan is the type of person whom leave many alive after they cross them.

I do think Calo Nord is dead from either Revan and his crew or wounds and expose to the harsh elements. You can't surive long with your armor within the deadly enviroments that Calo and Revan fought in.

K3'll be made by EA...

By God, I hope you are wrong. :brows:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?