KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

Guest The Architect

Don't you threaten me with your bat Rosbjerg! :verymad:

*Gets smashed in the kneecaps with bat by Rosbjerg*

:'(

I'm sorry! I'll be good now! Promise! :bow:

And the first step I'll take in the path of redemption is...

On topic: Romances mustn't be excluded from KotOR III. They mustn't be forced on the player either and remain optional, but they shouldn't be shallow {K1} or practically non existent {K2), and, should have at least some impact on the plot at some stage of the game, most likely in the last third or so.

Edited by The Architect

I just generally disagree with the concept presented in games that all girls exist merely to flirt with you and try to get in your pants. I think it socializes us gamers very poorly. I enjoy my games with a tad bit more realism over ego stroking fantasy. Heck, both KOTOR games featured girls that would change their entire personality and loyalties depending on how badly they wanted to sleep with you. Is it really so far fetched that a group of 9 people can co-exist for a month without love triangles and jumping into each other's pants? Do we seek that from our games to fulfill fantasy or to reinforce faulty media fed beliefs about how the real world is?

As a guy who was very poorly socialized growing up to begin with, I know well of how games and TV engineer our expectations. I was drastically dissapointed when I started making friends and wasn't the constant center of all attention like TV and video games led me to believe I would be. And the fact that not every girl I interacted with on a more than passing basis did not fawn at my every act simply because I said something nice once in passing was shattering, indeed.

At the very least it needs to be more subtle, dramatic, and most importantly of all appropriate. Leia wasn't jumping into Han's bunk at the end of the first movie. Nor the second. In fact, we never see them jump into bunks at all. Black screen moments have always struck me as wholely gratuitous.

All this is not to say that I dislike the concept of relationship metagames within a video or computer game. My currently played game is rife with relationship metagames and I absolutely love it. All this is to say that I dislike the High School romance metagames that reinforce bad relationship stereotypes, which from Baldur's Gate II on to NWN2 is all I've seen. They consist of little more than noticing an attractive avatar, making a few choice responses you think sound good to that avatar, to the ultimate goal of doing the horizontal polka. A serious and mature relationship metagame should include all forms of relationships, friendships and romances, including same sex friendships (same sex romances depending on comftorability of developers/publishers with releasing a game containing such concepts) and *gasp* opposite sex friendships which should serve as the basis of romance metagames, not sex and attraction serving as the basis.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just generally disagree with the concept presented in games that all girls exist merely to flirt with you and try to get in your pants. I think it socializes us gamers very poorly. I enjoy my games with a tad bit more realism over ego stroking fantasy. Heck, both KOTOR games featured girls that would change their entire personality and loyalties depending on how badly they wanted to sleep with you. Is it really so far fetched that a group of 9 people can co-exist for a month without love triangles and jumping into each other's pants? Do we seek that from our games to fulfill fantasy or to reinforce faulty media fed beliefs about how the real world is?

I don't know if droids are getting involved with love triangles...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Speaking of relationships... I won`t say I was dissapointed with the kotor series... but I do think there was a missed opporutinty to explore the trademark relationship of SW: the deep master master-padawan relationship... (you got old obi1-luke, yoda-luke + then qui gon-obi, obi-anakin...) And the way KII turned out it doesnt look very likely it`ll happen heh... shame imo, big shame...

So my hope for K3 is that it is set a cople of decades after k2, if not more... you start of as a ordinary padawan with your master (the new "old" jedi order heh) and spend a good portion of the game as such, cought up in some events setting you on the path to discover the fates of the old k1&2 protagonists... this master teaches, guides you and potentionally becomes a good friend etc. etc. A real deep charather iteraction... At some point of the game (half maybe) you get knighted (and/or your master gets killed - could be massive since you can get attached to him... picture a obi1-quigon "noooo" moment lol) at wich point you get to take on a padawan of your own, passing what your master had tought you of the force to the new generation... Or atleast something in those lines... (latter part my be ommited due to time constraints... thoe it`d be nice to have access to a young impressional mind eh all you darksiders out there? :verymad:)

But I`m not holding my breath... Most likely it`ll be another 1 "special" man/woman show... *sigh*

Edited by Brdavs

Well, I'm sure that some of this has been said before by others somewhere in the 23 versions of this thread, but I have some ideas for KotORIII.

First, many people have asked, who should you play as? Revan, the Exile, or someone new? I say all 3, though with the focus on the new character. Let me explain.

People are going to want to have the story of Revan and the Exile resolved. This is natural, a KotORIII that leaves players still hanging about their ultimate fates would cause quite a bit of anger. But the problem is, any resolution to their stories is going to cause players annoyance depending on what the devs choose. People will say "MY Revan would never do that!!!!", etc, etc. Even if the devs include something for both Revan and the Exile akin to the LS/DS/Male/Female choice in KotORII, that's not going to be enough when the devs are trying to write an actual ending for Revan and the Exile.

So, how do you resolve the stories of Revan and the Exile without pissing off 90% of the fanbase? By allowing the player some control over the end of those characters. And the best way to do that is to make them playable. Make them playable only during special scenes, though, having them in the same party as the main character or each other would cause issues.

By having them both playable in their own side arcs, you largely eliminate the issues of voice and appearance. The player simply chooses to make Revan and the Exile look like however they want. And while playing as them, all dialogue spoken by Revan and the Exile would of course be silent, because they are the main characters during those side arcs.

The way you could fit this into the gameplay and story is to have the new main character try to encover evidence of what happened to Revan and the Exile, and at certain points encounter logs describing some of their exploits, or encounter a person who traveled with one of them for a while. During these scenes, rather than us just reading about what they did, or the person just telling us about his/her time with one of them, we would actually play as the respective character, and be able to witness and direct their exploits first-hand.

These arcs wouldn't need to be very long. The main story should still focus on the new guy. But these side arcs would allow the devs to include Revan and the Exile in the story more heavily, and allow the player to ultimately decide their final fates, alongside that of the new person.

Well, I don't think it should start a couple decades later. A couple years, yes. Decades, no. Too long a time period. This all has to connect with Revan and Exile somehow in the process as well. So, we can't get too far ahead.

And I agree with Tale. *cling* Awesome idea. I swear, can't females have male friends and vice versa? Must it always be about romance?

And I can't speak German or any other language save a bit of Spanish and English.

I definitely hear what you're saying Tale - it shouldn't be all about 'gettin' jiggy wit' it'. By 'Romances' I'm also thinking of finding fast friends (both genders) and making connections with other people. Certain romances could lead to a loving relationship blossoming, just being friends, etc. I like the idea of much more RP-intensive romance storylines too, including 'influence-esque' requirements to get them happening. Catering to egos, doing/saying things they like, getting them to open up to you - that kind of character development is what makes RPG games what they are - you want a hack-n-slash? Go play Jedi Academy. Traditional RPGs are all about the character development, and not just numerical development either.

This flows into my next thought - more varied characters as NPCs...You ever noticed how your NPC teammates are predominantly goody-goodies? I got a little irritated in K2 where you fully dark-side aligned Handmaiden was still wanting you to be nice to everyone...

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

I draw a heavy distinction between character development and character manipulation. Just because a character's attitudes or behaviors change doesn't mean it's reasonable. Reasonable character development doesn't have dedicated characters turning into homicidal maniacs and vice versa over a number of sparring sessions or mild kind gestures. Looking at Baldur's Gate II, you could turn Viconia and Sarevok good. I mean, BLIMEY! All of these are only achieveable through ego stroking acts of plot. Sarevok gets a piece of a good soul. The KOTOR main characters have force bonds.

Characters can develop without this kind of thing. People do it all the time. People become smarter, more informed, change opinions, reinforce old opinions stronger. And they still make decisions that contradict other people they're around.

And handpicking choices to get a particular response isn't roleplaying unless you're roleplaying a liar. It's metagaming.

Edited by Tale

Well, for KotORIII, they can just make the system of changing alignments less abstract, as well as improve the overall influence system. Also make several characters impossible to change, at least change very much, and have the degree you can alter the viewpoint of a character make sense based on the story events and the personality of the character.

Here's how I see it: Stage 1, you get influence with a character. Gaining unfluence will be similar in principle to how it happened in KotORII, but will be better handled. As Tale mentioned, hand-picking specific responses in each situation based on your current party, in order to gain influence, is kind of odd, unless you're roleplaying a liar. The things that determine influence will overall be more in-depth and subtle then the way it was in KotORII. Anyways, moving on.

Influence by itself doesn't really affect the alignment of a character, merely sometimes makes it possible to later change the alignment of the character. It also makes it more likely for some characters with an opposing alignment to stick with you. For example, let's say there's a character like Canderous in the game. dark alignment, an "evil" character, and you are playing as a Light jedi. This Canderous type character is impossible to change to the light. During a certain segment of the game, you have to work together with him, and he joins your party. He leaves after you have succeeded in doing whatever it was you needed to work together for.

But let's say that, like Canderous, this guy has a certain respect for powerful opponents and good warriors and leaders. Perhaps, during the time you are together, you show exceptional skill as a warrior and brilliant leadership, and a whole host of Revan-like qualities. So Canderous-guy developes a respect for the player. You earn influence on him. Get enough influence by the time Canderous-guy would normally leave, and instead of leaving, he'll stay with you. Even though you're a light jedi and he's dark, even though you can't change his alignment, he's got enough respect for you now to follow you for a while and help you succeed in the larger goal of the game. However, if later on you show signs of cowardice and weakness, your influence with him will drop, and if it reaches too low a level he'll leave your party at that time. Also, while you might not expect it, if your character falls to the dark side, this can also cause Canderous-guy to leave, depending on how it happens. While he has no problem with the dark side in general and in fact would join a dark jedi fairly easily, if your character suddenly and inexplicable alters the very core of his/her self, Canderous-guy will wonder if he really judged you correctly, and start to doubt you, as he doesn't really have much respect for someone who would abandan his convictions so easily.

Now, as for those characters who you can actually alter the alignment of, this is triggered by 2 things: influence and storyline. Rather than characters automatically changing their alignment just because you have influence, influence is instead needed in order to take advantage of story triggers. For a character that is fairly young and impressionable, who doesn't have a very strong view of the world, these story events might mostly be just spending certain amounts of time following your character around. So in that case, it would be similar to KotORII, but it would still require that you carefully talk to and guide the character towards your point of view, rather than it just happening. This might be especially true if you were trying to lead a more neutral character to the dark, as there would be many doubts you'ld have to assuage.

But for most characters, it will be more major events that allow you to change their alignment. For some, these might be hidden. They could make a dark character who is otherwise impossible to change, but have a hidden sidequest where said character goes through a huge and shattering experience, one that allows the player to redeem him/her with enough influence. Or, they could have a light character who suffers a family crisis partway through the game, and by carefully manipulating said crisis, with enough influence you can push said light character over the edge and cause a fall.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

Guest The Architect

Well Tale, I understand where you're coming from.

Perhaps, just to try something new, what they could do in KotOR III is make it that none of your party members are romantically interested in you, but you have the option to flirt with, to hit on any party member you want, but no matter what you do or say, you'll fail in an attempt to win their affection, simply because they don't feel the love for you that you do for them.

There's realism in that idea, isn't there?

Perhaps, just to try something new, what they could do in KotOR III is make it that none of your party members are romantically interested in you, but you have the option to flirt with, to hit on any party member you want, but no matter what you do or say, you'll fail in an attempt to win their affection, simply because they don't feel the love for you that you do for them.

They should probably knee you straight in the crotch for it if you don't get the idea very quickly. Because you're acting creepy and nobody wants to be around a creep.

I wouldn't mind if they kept to the source material a little. Jedi pursuing love isn't exactly a common theme, but when it does happen it's doesn't happen particularly quickly, it doesn't lead to make out/fade to black scenes, and most importantly it's a BAD IDEA. Well, bad idea for the galaxy at least.

I'm not being against romances. I'm being against immature relationships. The characters in the KOTORs literally seem to live just to serve at the player character's beg and whim with only minor objections. A real choice and consequence, relationship, and romance system would have at its core some measure of personality independence. It would be closer to Baldur's Gate where if you did something an NPC really didn't like he'd drop out of the group, take his close friends along, and try to f'ing kill you. The same goes for a girlfriend, in a mature individual it doesn't matter how in love you feel you are, once you start eating babies she's going to bleeding object, not ask you to toss her a leg.

This was actually one of my complaints about Attack of the Clones. Anakain slaughters women and children (sandpeople), but all Amidala says is "there there" and still marries the psychotic bugger at the end. But at least both movies showed how that kind of love weakened a Jedi and opened them up for the darkside, something the KOTOR games ignore. And when Amidala finds out he's slaughtering human children (xenofascist!), then she finally gains some sense.

Edited by Tale

Guest The Architect
They should probably knee you straight in the crotch for it if you don't get the idea very quickly. Because you're acting creepy and nobody wants to be around a creep.

But you never know, if you annoyingly persist and persist and persist enough, you might just get somewhere, or just get kneed in the crotch again. Oh well, whatever. Just give me the option to stalk any party member who leaves the group in KotOR III, and I'll be happy.

I wouldn't mind if they kept to the source material a little. Jedi pursuing love isn't exactly a common theme, but when it does happen it's doesn't happen particularly quickly, it doesn't lead to make out/fade to black scenes, and most importantly it's a BAD IDEA. Well, bad idea for the galaxy at least.

I'm not being against romances. I'm being against immature relationships. The characters in the KOTORs literally seem to live just to serve at the player character's beg and whim with only minor objections. A real choice and consequence, relationship, and romance system would have at its core some measure of personality independence. It would be closer to Baldur's Gate where if you did something an NPC really didn't like he'd drop out of the group, take his close friends along, and try to f'ing kill you. The same goes for a girlfriend, in a mature individual it doesn't matter how in love you feel you are, once you start eating babies she's going to bleeding object, not ask you to toss her a leg.

This was actually one of my complaints about Attack of the Clones. Anakain slaughters women and children (sandpeople), but all Amidala says is "there there" and still marries the psychotic bugger at the end. But at least both movies showed how that kind of love weakened a Jedi and opened them up for the darkside, something the KOTOR games ignore. And when Amidala finds out he's slaughtering human children (xenofascist!), then she finally gains some sense.

:lol:

I always thought Amidala was a xenophobe.

Yeah, you get the thumbs up/agree with you to those three paragraphs from me.

Here, have a carrot.

*Carrot gets stolen*

HEY **** OFF ACCEPT! You fat ass, underprivileged, pig face jerk. :shifty: That carrot wasn't for you!

Edited by The Architect

That's a depressing view on love Architect, if no Jedi breed there will be none in the future. I'm tempted to give it the thumbs up.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I hope after this trilogy is finished LucasArts decides to make another expanded universe franchise in the same RPG spirit in other time period. For example, there is alot of interesting storyline in the Great Sith War and a potential for another trilogy there. If you don't already know, this is a time shortly before Knights of the Old Republic I.

This entry is taken from Wookiepedia;

"My warriors need another crusade. The Empress Teta system is in chaos, overstretched by their many conquests. The witch Aleema and her Jedi devotee Ulic Qel-Droma will fall under the fist of Mandalore."

―Mandalore the Indomitable

The roots of the Mandalorian Wars lay buried deep in the turmoil of the Great Sith War. In 3,996 BBY, the restless Mandalorian Clans made their way to the Krath held world of Empress Teta system as they roamed far from their homeworld scouting the known galaxy for worthy foes. Mandalore the Indomitable, the Lord of the Clans, had heard rumors of the military exploits of the Krath's young commander, a fallen Jedi named Ulic Qel-Droma. On the world of Kuar, Mandalore challenged Ulic to single combat and he was defeated by the Sith Lord. After the duel, he pledged his loyalty to Qel-Droma, thereby allying the Mandalorian Clans with the Sith. Under orders from Ulic Qel-Droma and his Sith Master Exar Kun, they laid waste to countless worlds and earned the enmity of the Republic and its Jedi defenders.

In the waning days of the Great Sith War, as the Brotherhood of the Sith hovered on the very brink of defeat, the Fourth Battle of Onderon took place. The Mandalorians staged a surprise assault against the city dwellers of Iziz, but just as the tide of battle had turned in the their favor, Republic reinforcements suddenly arrived in the system. The Republic commander informed Mandalore that his master Ulic Qel-Droma had been captured and demanded the Mandalorians' immediate surrender, but Mandalore refused to concede the battle. Caught between the incoming Republic fleet and the native Beast Riders, the Mandalorian forces were devastated.

Mandalore ordered a rapid retreat to Onderon's nearby moon, Dxun, believing that he could lose the Republic pursuit in its dense jungles. Unfortunately, while withdrawing, a Republic frigate fired upon his Basilisk droid mount and he crashed into the canopy far from friendly aid. Rising from the wreckage, Lord Mandalore was immediately set upon by a pack of ravenous Drexl and was devoured. Initiating a search of the moon's dangerous forests, the remaining Mandalorian Crusaders scoured the landscape for signs of their leader. In a fateful moment, one crusader stumbled across Mandalore's mask hanging, snagged in a patch of nearby foliage. In accordance with the laws of his people, he claimed the mask and became the new Mandalore, Mandalore the Ultimate, whose legacy would affect the galaxy for years to come.

(Mandalore the Ultimate went on to begin the Mandalorian Wars in which Revan and Malak fought.)

The story of Ulic Qel-Droma is similar to Revan's in that he is a Jedi Knight that turns to the dark side but later redeems himself, so maybe you could play as him.

No i don't think that would work because we know how the story goes this leaves verry little space for developers to think of new plots and events.

You could play in the great sith war but you would have to be a character of whoem the story isn't told yet.

And even then we know the jedi are going to win and that ulic betrays exar.(but we also know the jedi and sith will always survive because the whitout light there is no dark and vica versa thing)

If you want a new franchise you will need a story of which we don't know the ending, like after the period of darth kryat or between the movies and the brotherhood of darkness.

But about Kotor3

I really agree with mad_scientist about the influence thing

Then you would get a party that you really want to keep, in kotor 2 i really wanted to lose GO-TO, but i couldn't :'(

Carrying on from the "True Sith" discussion, I discovered something interesting about the Mandalorian Wars relating to this. These entries are again taken from Wookiepedia;

---

Early in the war, at some point in the year 3,963 BBY, Revan visited the ancient Sith world of Malachor V while scouting for new outposts along the embattled Outer Rim. Word had reached him that Malachor was anathema to the Mandalorians and he wished to know the reason why. Upon landing on the planet's surface, he was nearly destroyed by the resonance of ancient Sith power and he only managed to survive the encounter through sheer force of will. He fed upon the power of the dark side of the Force, and in so doing, avoided being utterly consumed by it, yet he did not escape unscathed. The dark side beckoned and Revan fell under its influence.

---

Revan himself was delayed outside the system by a Mandalorian scouting party. He eventually arrived at Malachor and entered the fray, but he was late and the Mandalorian fleets were far from defeated. In that moment, he drew upon the Sith energies haunting the surface below to augment his power. Soon thereafter, Revan pressed Mandalore into a direct confrontation and the fallen Jedi struck the great Mandalorian leader down in single combat. Meanwhile, more and more of the Jedi fighting in orbit found themselves unable to resist the call of the power emanating from the planet below and were thus drawn to the dark side.

---

Now we know Kreia said Malachor V was once one of the worlds bordering the ancient Sith Empire, which lies in the darkness in the unknown regions. The battle of Malachor seems to be the catalyst responsile for corrupting so many Jedi so quickly, a question raised in Kotor II but never solved. At first I thought the Star Force might be the answer, but this seems more likely. Think then, if this kind of force aurora over a dead and forgotten world is so great with the dark side, to the point where even Revan was not able to restrain himself from falling, how much more so are the other Sith worlds? In theory then, only those Jedi strong in the force who have experienced and rejected the dark side as Revan and the Exile did would be able to venture into the unknown regions without certain death or conversion. Maybe this is why neither of them could bring their loved ones. Through this line of reasoning, if a third protagonist is introduced into the 3rd game, they would have to equally powerful and as versed in the force in order to follow the Exile and Revan. Anyone else would either be killed or be corrupted by the dark side. I beleive this will be highly unlikely, and reccommend the story be revolved around both heroes only.

Edited by Lazdude

that is why i favor the CO PC s for Kotor 3. Also I don't like too many UBER JEDIs in such a short time span.

Revan

Exile

Traya

Exar Kun

Malak

Bandon

Nihilus

Sion

Ulic Qel Doma

All of them I just mention are quite powerful In the force. I am quite sure there are others that I haven't mention both ingame and outside of the game during this time period.

For example, if Revan returns, We can have him tortured and severly weaken from the torture. Also in a prison world, he would start out in.

Gameplay wise, All of the feats and powers of the first two games will be open up for Revan and very little restriction when lvling up.

For example, Getting Force storm much soon than lvl 18. Also staying in character of Revan, All of the unique force powers and feats of all of the Kotor 2 Prestige classes will avaible to Revan.

Also a very funny old man that is a darker verison of Master Roshi from Dragon Ball series will help him to exploit the prison system where they are at. Also the Old man would unlock more force powers and feats for Revan gameplay wise.

Thru cunning and trickery, Revan would ulimately use the sadistic nature of the Prison Warden to his advantage and destroy the prison.

Basicly Guards versus Prisoner on that planet, I do have in mind.

My guess is both Revan and the Exile will start out just like we left them. After all the player has already "started over" with both characters once before (When Revan's mind was destroyed, and when the Exile disconnected from the force). But if the True Sith are as powerful as they are suspected to be it wouldn't take anything less than a Jedi Master to fight them anyway. Developers have already accounted for this with the relative leveling system, that is to say - the enemy is only as powerful as you are.

Both games went to either extremes when it came to levels (Kotor I had too few feats/powers/skills, Kotor II had too many), so this time a compromise is sure to be reached, an advanced one perhaps that gives players something a little different, ie. less but better character improvements. Whatever the case, I'm sure this game will turn over a new leaf ragarding its gameplay.

Edited by Lazdude

I understand not wanting to have too many powerful Jedi/Sith in one short time-span, but I wouldn't put Bandon on that list. I mean, did he really demonstrate anything that showed he was that strong? He killed Trask (A non-jedi grunt soldier), strutted around a bit, and force pushed some random guy for fun. He was presumably the strongest guy serving Malak at the time, but that doesn't mean there was anything very exceptional about him. Even among a group of weaklings, someone has to be the strongest.

And Exar Kun and the people of his era were about 40 years before Revan, weren't they? So depending on when KotorIII takes place, the we could be talking about people from around a 50 year time period.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

According To Kotor 1 Darth Bandon's bio, that he is the top Sith Assassin with plenty of dead jedi under his belt.

Despite his accompishments, it doesn't make any less of a douchbag.

Btw to Lazidude, Revan mind is healed. So therefore he doing training with the knowledge that he has already will remove the traditionial archtypal mentor like in the last two games. I do suggest that he uses the knowledge that he has and also training with allies(like what Exile did in Kotor 2 with his allies).

So if he gets de-leveled thru the torture, his cunning and knowledge will stop if not slow down the amount of torture he is recieving and he can heal up and level up.

IF they can't do without a mentor, I do think a mentor that is not a female( like the old man that is a darker verison of Master Roshi in my previous posts) nor not as helpful as both of them.

This old man( i am thinking of), he is both adversay in his teaching methods and also quite funny.

New customers to KotOR video game franchise = new KotOR III PC. There is no other option. Besides, it's for the best.

I would sooner presume KOTOR III to be an Xbox game. Initially.

I don't think so, Windows is pretty enthusiastic about the whole "Games for Windows" thing and RPGs are best suited for PC's. Besides, Bioware are releasing Mass Effect as an Xbox exclusive title so it would make sense to have another big profile RPG to be available for PC first - especially if it turns out to be an MMORPG.

I don't think so, Windows is pretty enthusiastic about the whole "Games for Windows" thing and RPGs are best suited for PC's. Besides, Bioware are releasing Mass Effect as an Xbox exclusive title so it would make sense to have another big profile RPG to be available for PC first - especially if it turns out to be an MMORPG.

Microsoft's "Games for Windows" has shown absolutely no progress in benefiting Windows as a games platform outside of just making things operable better with Vista and having consistency. It's done nothing.

Games tend to stick to the platform line they originated or are otherwise traditionally on. This is assuming there's not a big screwup on one companies end like what ended Nintendo and Square's relationship a few years back. KOTOR has been a notorious Xbox franchise, they're not going to make the leap to PC native when its main success has been on consoles.

And KOTOR III isn't going to be an MMORPG. If there was a KOTOR MMO, it would be more akin to being called KOTOR Online. I think Square Enix is the only company that ever incremented a non-MMO main series number to title an MMO game.

Edited by Tale

Drop the KotoR MMO, people, it's a retarded idea, and would make any decent fan of the original games angry and/or really freaking pissed.

I just don't see why LA isn't making this game, seeing as it was (and still is) incredibly popular.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"