KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

Uhh, Bio doesn't really have much to do with Black Isle. Black Isle was their publisher and its people gave some little help with Bio's early games such as BG's, but that's it.

My understanding was that Black Isle disbanded (or whatever the term would be) and basically formed Bioware and Obsidian - happy to be corrected on this but that was what I thought happened.

They've already made statements to the effect that they'd like to go back and revisit it, but this is no sure statement that they will. They can't make a statement that they will until they've started and gotten significantly into it that they feel confident with what is being created. You won't be able to end any speculation on who's going to make it until a contract is signed for someone to make it, anyway. Ultimately, a definitive statement requires them to be definitive about whether they're going to make it or not. Game companies don't plan on definitively making a game before they even have the manpower to work out the concepts. The most they can do is say they'd like to, which they have.

I know that - I was just trying to say something a bit more eloquent than "hurry the heck up!!" :unsure:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Bioware was around before Black Isle disbanded.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

new here so i dont know if anyone has said this yet, it would be awsome if k3 was about the 5 years between k1 &k2 durung the wars

Too limiting - the story would then have to fit in with K2 and would severely limit the RPG aspects allowed. The whole point of initially making this series in the "Old Republic" was to give them a relative free license for storylines and such, while not affecting canon plots.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

Uhh, Bio doesn't really have much to do with Black Isle. Black Isle was their publisher and its people gave some little help with Bio's early games such as BG's, but that's it.

My understanding was that Black Isle disbanded (or whatever the term would be) and basically formed Bioware and Obsidian - happy to be corrected on this but that was what I thought happened.

Nope, main "cast" of BI's people formed OE, Bioware doesn't have many BIS people.

Other earlier bunch of people leaving BIS formed Troika. When Troika died many of them found their way to OE

OE is closest reincarnation of BIS you can get

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'd suggest emailing LA. It's not like e-mailing a big ass group of people is some taxing undertaking. Oh, and

to whom it may concern,

Make KOTOR III. Please!

Love,

Jane Doe

P.S. My son is terminally ill with koytoriosis of the limbs and brain. The day after we found out, he mustered the strength to place his crusty little hand on mine and whisper in a very weak and deathly desperate voice, "Mommy, I want to play KOTOR III before I become one with the Force". "You will son" I wept and promised him as I wiped the blood-filled tears from his eyes. Please, help me keep the promise I made to my only child (the only thing I have left to remind me of my late husband). Poor little guy. He keeps his spirits so high. For example, just last week when the doctors came in and told him they were going to have to amputate he just smiled and said, "Just like Luke Mommy".

"We'll, actually the koytoriois has spread from just your hand in the past few days and you'll be more like Anakin, I'm afraid" the doctor chuckled.

"The whole arm then?" he shouted as if he had just won a prize.

"Ohhh. No, I'm afraid, I meant Episode III Anakin. Vader if you like." the doctor laughed.

But even that didn't get him down. It wasn't until he realized he wouldn't be able to play KOTOR III with his own hands that he wanted to kill himself (thank goodness they had already taken his arms and legs by then--no wrists to slit). Just yesterday he told me he couldn't hold on much longer but that he would summon the strength to hold on till it's released if he only knew it was in production. I was hoping for just a hint. Just to lift his spirits. Just so he knows how long he's going to have to battle.

^Guarantee ya' they'll spill the beans on who's making it or if it's even in production after reading that.

It's not coming! Die kid, die!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd suggest emailing LA. It's not like e-mailing a big ass group of people is some taxing undertaking. Oh, and

to whom it may concern,

Make KOTOR III. Please!

Love,

Jane Doe

P.S. My son is terminally ill with koytoriosis of the limbs and brain. The day after we found out, he mustered the strength to place his crusty little hand on mine and whisper in a very weak and deathly desperate voice, "Mommy, I want to play KOTOR III before I become one with the Force". "You will son" I wept and promised him as I wiped the blood-filled tears from his eyes. Please, help me keep the promise I made to my only child (the only thing I have left to remind me of my late husband). Poor little guy. He keeps his spirits so high. For example, just last week when the doctors came in and told him they were going to have to amputate he just smiled and said, "Just like Luke Mommy".

"We'll, actually the koytoriois has spread from just your hand in the past few days and you'll be more like Anakin, I'm afraid" the doctor chuckled.

"Ohhh. No, I'm afraid, I meant Episode III Anakin. Vader if you like." the doctor laughed.

But even that didn't get him down. It wasn't until he realized he wouldn't be able to play KOTOR III with his own hands that he wanted to kill himself (thank goodness they had already taken his arms and legs by then--no wrists to slit). Just yesterday he told me he couldn't hold on much longer but that he would summon the strength to hold on till it's released if he only knew it was in production. I was hoping for just a hint. Just to lift his spirits. Just so he knows how long he's going to have to battle.

^Guarantee ya' they'll spill the beans on who's making it or if it's even in production after reading that.

lol wow too funny !!!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

It's not coming! Die kid, die!

In case you didn't know Mus? is LA's official representative in these forums (they have one or two on every company's forum they've worked with) so no K3 for you!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

World History (very short): Black Isle was formed by Interplay after the release of Fallout as the "crpg" publishing division. Bioware was a developer who used to do medico software (hence their name). They made a few games (MDK, a fps iirc) and pitched the infinity engine to Black Isle as Infinity Wars, a run of the mill RTS. Fearghus and Co. said "No!". The world is flooded with RTS, go back and make it a crpg instead and add the ad&d ruleset. That is why Infinity engine games look and feel like rts games, with the real time part replaced with real time with pause. BG was a hit and Black Isle hosted the forums for the games. Eventually Interplay fell apart, failed to pay Bioware it's royalties and other nasty stuff. Bioware and Black Isle "divorced", Bioware created their own forums and looked other places for publishers. Eventually Atari picked up both NWN and the D&D license from Interplay/Black Isles cold dead hands and went on the publish NWN (it had been quite a few years in production at Bioware/Black Isle at the time). Throughout it all though, despite the differences between Bioware and Black Isles parent company Interplay, the people behind Black Isle and Bioware seemed to have gotten along well enough to talk nicely about each other when publishers went looking for sequels for Kotor and NWN. Hence, Obsidian (whose management team is made up of old BIS guys) ended up bagging both jobs.

If somebody know more/corrections, feel free to correct me.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

to whom it may concern,

Make KOTOR III. Please!

Love,

Jane Doe

Have you actually sent them that?

Because that would be perfect! If you haven't already sent it, hurry up and do it! :D

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest Accept

to whom it may concern,

Make KOTOR III. Please!

Love,

Jane Doe

Just to show you their pity about your son I bet they'll include him in KotOR III - as a limbless ewok. :sad:

Limbless ewok would be funny. Until you talked to him.

It'd be like that freaky two-headed alien that looks like something from a trashcan.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I would like it to be like this

First: You wake up on the Ebon hawk look around you go up and walk around in the ship you cant find anyone ur going to the ****pit checks everything nothing is damaged u hear something u walk there to see whats happening nothing is there u go back to the ****pit to see if everything is stabile u check the cargo hole its locked then u go to the security system and check the camera u see someone dead (idk who it should be) u try to open the door from the security system says accses denied u look out the window u see that ur inside a big ship u walk out sith soldiers surrounding u.....to be continoued

I would love for the developers (whoever they may be) to take a page out of the NWN book:

- Open-ended freedom in character development. Everything from being able to choose your class from level to level, to choosing from a multitude of races, specifying features beyond a range of fugly faces, prestige classes, to opening up the skills/feats more.

- Don't have your character be "the chosen one" in any capacity. Having your character be the only one who could possibly do it, or the only with the power...blah blah blah...gets really old. I remember thinking constantly in K2 "well, THAT's convenient" :lol: K1 eased the pain on that front via their plot twist of you actually being Revan, thus explaining your skill and ability to work through the game. In K2, I felt like Hero from RPGWorld - "I'm the chosen one!!!" "I can do anything because, I'M THE CHOSEN ONE" etc...ahem...I loved how in NWN you were just the right person, in the right place - plus it allows for more freedom when it comes to canonicity.

- Romances - can we actually have some please!!! I'm sick of these built-in romances that never actually eventuate. Jade Empire has a resulting end to your romances, this makes them actually feel worthwhile - kinda like a side-quest! :)

Romance is never worthwhile. Do you really think it's appropriate for a Jedi Master or Sith Lord to end up settling down early because he has to care for unplanned children? I don't!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Romances are a valid option to add into games - if you don't want to do them, then don't. I think that they're a fun 'side-quest' like addition that can just add an extra element to the game.

K2 had great romances hands down

At least it wasn't the reuglar old "I may hate you yet I am incredibly attracted to you for some reason" you had in K1...

I think we've gone as far into the subject as we can.