KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

add diffrent lightsaber's like my guy i made his a silver lightsaber with blacktrim and a evil type holt and dont forget to add ravan to the game like past things

diffrent lightsaber holt's.

diffrent lightsaber color's.

diffrent dark side robe's.

diffrent light side robe's.

and lot of armor's .

and diffrent dark or light armor's.

and lot of thing to get and plus more of a worlds a huge ones like oblivion to roam in.

plus if you want to add my guy it's up to you his name is darth lithitus you got my email lol

thats to be a dark lord that is , just kidding but that would be kewl cause i like his name!

it needs a lot of things like powerful crystal's

and lot's of quest's and side quest's like over 300 main and 200 side stuff like that or even more.

it's up to you! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sith Dark Lord

I Am The Dark Lord Of The Sith-Darth Lithitus, Ill Make You Feel My LightSaber Blade Of Death From The DarkSide.

all i really have to say about people comenting about K2 and having all party members be jedi is simply this: at no point in k2 were you forced to have any of your party convert to jedi it was always an option..and to expand on the idea of having none-jedi in your party just add areas to the game that are "wounds in the force" or simple put places where you cant use the force and are required to have none jedi in your party to really get anything done.

I play WoW and to me a small monthly fee is more of a boon then a bane. blizzard puts out patches to fix bugs and improve gameplay at least 2-3 times a month as oppsed to Guildwars where you have to buy a new expansion everytime they want to fix problems.

Ah yes, but the expansions come out how often? Yearly perhaps and they cost at a maximum of $80

A year of WoW = $240

You do the mafslol

WoW and its cartoony like appearance sickens me. Guildwards ftdubs.

all i really have to say about people comenting about K2 and having all party members be jedi is simply this: at no point in k2 were you forced to have any of your party convert to jedi it was always an option..and to expand on the idea of having none-jedi in your party just add areas to the game that are "wounds in the force" or simple put places where you cant use the force and are required to have none jedi in your party to really get anything done.

The problem with the KOTOR games, and the reason why I think people are talking about K2 having to many Jedi, is that the current combat system is geared so that lighsabres (and therefore Jedi, who are the only ones who can use lightsabres) are far to powerful. Yes, you don't have to convert anyone into jedi but for them to be really helpful they need to be able to hold their own in battle, and that means converting them towards the end of the game.

Having an area where the force can't be used does, on the face of it seem to be a good idea........but it does raise the question as to how this is going to affect the main Character. Since the Main Character is going to be a Jedi (Probably about the only thing that can be taken for granted for a future KOTOR game) this could lead to quite a few problems during that part of the game.

I play WoW and to me a small monthly fee is more of a boon then a bane. blizzard puts out patches to fix bugs and improve gameplay at least 2-3 times a month as oppsed to Guildwars where you have to buy a new expansion everytime they want to fix problems.

And you've got that totally wrong, I'm guessing you either have never played Guildwars or didn't do so for long. Guildwars does not require you to buy an expansion pack just to solve bugs in the game-they work the same way that WoW does, in that they write and apply fixes that are downloaded. The Expansion packs add extra/new areas and playable classes to the game.....just like WoW and the Burning crusade expansion in fact.

I think that you should continue the story as the Exile about 7 years after Kotor 2. You have rebuilt the Jedi and are once more thriving. But there still is the Sith who are attacking the Republic in the dark. So the Exile needs to find Revan in the Unknown Region. To find Revan you have to persuade T3 to show you on the Ebon Hawk where Revan had traveled. So you travel out into the Unknown Region in search of Revan. In the Unknown Region their could be many more planets, exotic wepons, new alein species, and also new threats to the republic.

Thats what I have so far.

I think that you should continue the story as the Exile about 7 years after Kotor 2. You have rebuilt the Jedi and are once more thriving. But there still is the Sith who are attacking the Republic in the dark. So the Exile needs to find Revan in the Unknown Region. To find Revan you have to persuade T3 to show you on the Ebon Hawk where Revan had traveled. So you travel out into the Unknown Region in search of Revan. In the Unknown Region their could be many more planets, exotic wepons, new alein species, and also new threats to the republic.

Thats what I have so far.

Problem; This implies that the Exile took the Lightside route, and it would remove the option of saying that he/she was a darksider. I also *Think* that the implication at the end of K2 was that the Exile left to find Revan almost directly after that game ended, not several years later.

I doubt that the Exile will be the main Char in K3, since you would have to decide if they finished K2 as DS or LS. Experienced players (Ie-have and played K2) would probably be able to handle this, but it would be confusing for new players. You could do this, if you could explain why the Exile was a level one character again.

I can't compare or make any suggestions based on WOW because I'm not a sad loser who sits around on my ever widening behind listening to Scandinavians yelling about.... I don't know, probably how softly the snow crunches under foot.

But I have been playing NWN2 for a... bit, and there are some things that Obsidian could take from that. First I don't care about consoles anymore because of NWN2's way of assigning spells to keys. Since the number of powers increased in Kotor 2 it's logical to assume there would be more in the third... or snots would say.... But I digress, I think assigning powers to keys is brilliant. It's so much easier to press a button and conjure my fiend, than cycling through with the mouse.

I was a little younger than the normal age for Dungeons and Dragons freaks so I missed that in my youth. I remember talk of Bags of Holding, D12's and oddly shaped grey dice that for a four year old was just a pointy thing that looked really wiered, and cool. But the D&D system is the only way really, and Kotor3 if it is made (Don't care much) should draw more from it. But I don't know how multi classing would work for Jedi.... I already said there should be more classes of Jedi, and or branches of the order, such as the Jal Shey, and Makashi, so it could work.

Maybe it would be too complex to change strength in the force to preparing powers for a day, but it could be a way of making the classes different and the game more difficult.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I can't compare or make any suggestions based on WOW because I'm not a sad loser who sits around on my ever widening behind listening to Scandinavians yelling about.... I don't know, probably how softly the snow crunches under foot.

But I have been playing NWN2 for a... bit, and there are some things that Obsidian could take from that. First I don't care about consoles anymore because of NWN2's way of assigning spells to keys. Since the number of powers increased in Kotor 2 it's logical to assume there would be more in the third... or snots would say.... But I digress, I think assigning powers to keys is brilliant. It's so much easier to press a button and conjure my fiend, than cycling through with the mouse.

I was a little younger than the normal age for Dungeons and Dragons freaks so I missed that in my youth. I remember talk of Bags of Holding, D12's and oddly shaped grey dice that for a four year old was just a pointy thing that looked really wiered, and cool. But the D&D system is the only way really, and Kotor3 if it is made (Don't care much) should draw more from it. But I don't know how multi classing would work for Jedi.... I already said there should be more classes of Jedi, and or branches of the order, such as the Jal Shey, and Makashi, so it could work.

Maybe it would be too complex to change strength in the force to preparing powers for a day, but it could be a way of making the classes different and the game more difficult.

... A simple question, why would you come on here, trash talk someone who plays WoW, and then turn around and say that you've been playing NWN2 for a... bit. I mean, that's quite on the level of hypocrisy. I will not turn to insulting you, though it would be quite easy, but don't come on here, trash talking people, only to say that you're not really even concerned if this game does come out. Not that your opinion hurts my feelings, but why even waste the energy to say something about a game that you don't even care about? And for informational purposes only, no, I do not, and have not ever played WoW, I simply don't see a purpose for your flaming, as you fall into the same category as these "sad losers."

To answer your questions.

I don't care much. Meaning; I don't care as much as people who constantly trawl internet gossip sites then post links to old stories. I do care but not with a frothy fervour that is unhealthy.

Perhaps it would be hypocrisy if I spent ridiculous amounts of time and money on NWN2, which is unlikely since I have one game which cost approximately 69 dollars Australian, and haven't even completed it yet. How long I have been playing it is difficult to ascertain, hence I have played it for a bit.

I wouldn't say I wasted any energy writing my previous post. You will have to clarify why you think I fit into the category of "sad loser" since you weren't insulted rather you put me in that box based on misinterpretation, and never really disagreed that WoW players are sad losers. I would understand if you are a WoW player and was insulted, but you said you aren't.

On to the general trollish fire spitting... :sorcerer: impossible unless they have shamanistic powers, even so they would be casting greater or lesser blasting. Anyway, can I help it if they have bad taste in music?

So really your post was as pointless as you think mine was.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I think everyone needs to remember that, while you may not agree with someones opinion, attitude or demeanor, this doesn't mean you have to right to denounce their right to think what they will or what they choose to believe and/or be fanatical about.

Let's respect each other's opinions here. After all, we fancy ourselves rather openminded - let's show it.

Fortune favors the bald.

I would definetly suggest a better romance... It was cute how Carth and Revan had the little fights like a hubby and wife, but all he did was say I love u and that was it. Have more choices and discussions and movies (I loved how in KOTOR II there were movies when you entered the Ebon Hawk, Keep doing that) And of course, when you choose your character there should be BETTER looking people to choose from. When my mother walks by and I am choosing a character she always says eww... I totally understand. A ton of them look horrible!!!! THe only GOOD looking man in Kotor II was the one with kinda long brown hair and the awesome beard!!! I am always him when I choose a man because all of the rest are so ugly

That was my line.

Hell, rancors dualwielding jedis that dualwield saberstaves.

Totally awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

dang it!

I'm not going to be able to get that image out of my mind now :bat:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

look i'm sure i've done this before so sorry if you heard me say this, there is no way you can play as revan or the exile in a new kotor.

kotor is a RPG game, the idea of a roleplaying game is to create a character from scratch deciding how he looks,gender,race skills etc. Once you've done that you set off on your adventure discovering things about your charater gaining experience learning new skills, This is what role playing is all about.

With both the revan and the exile you spent 40+ hours on both games doing just that, I don't about any of you but personally I've completed kotor I & II quite a few times so have done pretty much all i want do with both my characters from a roleplaying point of view. To bring them back into the next kotor as a pc in any kind of rpg form would not only be unrealistic ie: How could you feasibly explain why both of them have lost the powers again, and what is there knew to learn about them you know there history there is no secrets no hiden truth to uncover.

Also just think how many people have played both kotor games each persons revan and exile are unique to them how they look, what class of jedi they are it would be impossible to bring them back and please everyone.

I am a hardcore role player so i would be really disapointed if I didn't get to create a new character in the next kotor what I love about rpg games is creating a brand new charater that is unique to me and learning all bout him as I play through unlocking new skills,new powers discovering new truths.

I don't mean to upset or offend any hardcore revan and exile fans but perhaps anyone who has really got there heart set on playing revan or the exile would be better off Petitioning lucasarts to create an action/adventure game set around those two characters IMO it is the only way you could realisticly play as either character again

Thanks for your time

Tommo

So, this has probably been covered in the other 22 threads, but I haven't visited in a long time, and do not have the fortitude to read them all.

Character customization is a must. Big customization. Races other than human, bajillions of hairstyles, eyecolors, skincolors etc.

More choices in character class. I know we're somewhat limited by the Starwars Jedi universe, but I think there's some wiggle room for improvement. In-depth fighting styles to choose from, a certain type (School!) of powers to focus on.

More feats. Feats are good. Need more.

More item graphics. More sabers, differing robes. (In more than just colors.)

Recurring characters, cameos. Of course.

A bigger universe. While Kotor2 felt almost overwhelmingly big at first, now it feels so tiny and constricted! There was so much you should have been able to do or explore that you couldn't.

More attack animations. If the Pseudo-realtime combat is to be kept, it needs a much greater diversity in the attack animations.

Blaster fire sounds toned down! I know that they're just like the movies, but even when the SFX volume is down to almost off on my computer, blaster fire takes up most all of the sound.

Alien languages. They need more variety in their audio tracks. And you need to be able to skip them when you've read what they're saying.

For the storyline I have plenty of ideas, but no suggestions since I do not know what is going on at Obsidian HQ. I'll leave it to you guys.

A non-Falcon rip-off ship! Originality is good. The Hawk is great and all, but I think that a new character should not have the ship thrown in again.

Fewer companions, with more attention paid to them. More content with them at the focus. So they really feel like companions instead of, "That guy on the ship that I don't use."

More bounty hunting!

Don't leave areas or quests unfinished. Seriously.

This is pretty much all on my mind right now... I'm sure I'll be back later with more to gripe about! ;D

the ability to combine colors to make your own unique saber color.

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Okay, I'm new here, and evryone here is excited by the idea of KOTOR 3, but let's look at the big picture here. Obviously, we know that Bioware is not making it, and Obsidian has'nt said anything except "We would be happy to make a KOTOR3, If Lucas Arts wants us to.", and that does'nt tell us squat. So let's imagine briefly that it's christmas. Let's imagine that KOTOR3 has been released. Obviously, Just about everyone who played the first two will want it. Nobody will be buying Bioware's new game, Mass Effect, and that will piss them off. That is why we have not heard from LA or anyone who is involved in K3's production will speak about it. Recently, Bioware has supposedly pushed back the release date of Mass Effect, keeping us in the dark longer. Obviously, LA isn't saying anything out of respect for KOTOR's original producers. This is where the purpose of Mass Effect is revealed. It is an attempt to make the public forget about KOTOR, and therefore screwing over whoevere LA hired to make the third installment of KOTOR. Now the problem stated above comes into effect. KOTOR3 will not be announced until Mass Effect is released and properly marketed. Mass Effect's Release date has not been even been announced. So now we have yet another problem- Bioware's HUGE efforts to publicize Mass Effect. The guys at the Bioware forum are very excited about it. And so far everyone else is too. So that's yet another shadow over the production of KOTOR3. Now, for some good news. Mass Effect serves as good evidence that K3 will happen, and with somebody close to Bioware, because instead of messing up somebody else's sales, perhaps they are helping them by covering it up wiith another good game. That way, their partner has the time to produce an extremely high quality product, instead of a low-quality one. Further, it is remotely possible that KOTOR is directly responsible for the unannounced release date of Mass Effect. It is possible that that the developers of K3 have encountered a large problem in the game and Bioware is helping keep it under raps. Now my direst prediction: K3 will not be released until summer 08'.

Heh, Mass Effect won't interest anyone? Sheesh, talk about the underestimation of the century. Tell us that Duke Nukem Forever will be released in August as well, won't you?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Now I know that somewhere in the never-ending pages of this thread there has to be something addressing this but I would like to bring it up again because I think it would be a great addition to the game.

I think they should give you choice to rebuild the jedi council or rebuild the sith academy or whatever. However I don't want it to be something stupid like you rebuild either one then you never interact with it again. It would be cool if it was made an essiental part of the game to check back and make some decisions of some sort that directly effect the story of the game or the outcome of the main character and his/her relationship with his/her companions.