KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

You should be able to use the double bladed lightsaber as a single like darth maul did and I thought I also read somewhere that you need at least 4 crystals to power a double bladed lightsaber so that would be interesting. I also think you should be able to create lightsaber crystals like the sith do. Sythetic crystals. I really liked the armor in KOTOR 2 and how it looked. I hope they make more cool designs. Darth malaks armor looks stupid though but I still use it. I want to see ground assault vechicles to cause I mean how can you fight wars on the ground with out them.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Most likely a new guy over Revan or Exile.

The general vibe I am getting from the majority that both of them had their turns and let the new guy play. I do believe that too many Uber force users are quite disgusting and absurd.

There is always a limit no matter how powerful the force users really is.

I will be happy with a good gameplay and a good story.

Edited by DeathScepter

Most likely a new guy over Revan or Exile.

The general vibe I am getting from the majority that both of them had their turns and let the new guy play. I do believe that too many Uber force users are quite disgusting and absurd.

There is always a limit no matter how powerful the force users really is.

I will be happy with a good gameplay and a good story.

I don't know, I think it would be very possible, perhaps Revan runs into an ambush of sorts, and is stripped of the Force, and must regain it (thank you K1 and K2). I wouldn't mind something like that, it's doubtful, I just don't know about introducing yet another character into the saga. I mean, the Exile was awesome, the ex-bad ass darth lord Revan was sweet, so what else would they cover?

I don't know, I think it would be very possible, perhaps Revan runs into an ambush of sorts, and is stripped of the Force, and must regain it (thank you K1 and K2).

I say if Revan gets mind wiped again, !#$% it, leave him that way. Who wants to save his @&& again and again... Have him go work in demolitions of city buildings so he can continue to demolish cities but this time out of the public eye and on a city pay roll. Less chance of getting noticed and mind wiped that way....

Edited by Watchman

The KOTOR series seems, at a basic level, to rely on the search for something-K1 it was the StarForge, K2 it was the Jedi and Sith. If K3 follows the same patten then the general plot would most likely be one of two things;

The search for Revan and/or the Exile

The search for the big bad.

Given that Revan already seemed to know what the big bad was/is, or where to find it, and it was five years between games-enough time to have found it one would assume-that would to my mind tend to eliminate Revan as a player character, unless *rolls eyes* he/she loses their powers and memory....again.....

Exile as the PC is possible, since they could well pick the story up right from the end of K2. There are problems with this though, including;

Having to have two different starts, depending on if you pick the Exile as LS or DS.

New players-meaning people who didn't play K2-would get lost very quickly.

They would have to either start the Exile at a high level-to give the idea that they have been around for a while-or magically make him/her lose their force powers....again.

You would be hampered by having some of the same Party members as in K2-they couldn't kill some of them off without conflicting with the plot of K2, or Kreias predictions for them. The only way around it would be to say that they left-this would be something of a problem again for some of the characters who swore to stick with the Exile (I'm mainly thinking Atton here, but some of the others wouldn't have any reason to leave straight away). This is not impossible by any means, but it would involve at least some detailed working out for anyone who has played K2 and wants to know where everyone has gone.

What about all the equipment you picked up in K2? Do you allow a load of random junk to be kept on the ship from the start, or just say the Exile got robbed?

Ballance-if the Exile does start at a hight level then you'll end up with a uber Jedi right from the start, you'd never have to worry about feat selection or running out of force powers unless they made the fights very hard, which if done right at the start would put more than a few people (ie, new players) off straight away.

I would think that from a plot, development and game play viewpoint the Player character will be someone new, rather than the Exile or Revan given the above.

Could they turn up during the game? Sure, no reason they couldn't-after all Revan was in K2 in a way-so the two of them could show up. But I doubt they'd be playable characters.

It's all about McGuffings people!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't know, I think it would be very possible, perhaps Revan runs into an ambush of sorts, and is stripped of the Force, and must regain it (thank you K1 and K2).

I say if Revan gets mind wiped again, !#$% it, leave him that way. Who wants to save his @&& again and again... Have him go work in demolitions of city buildings so he can continue to demolish cities but this time out of the public eye and on a city pay roll. Less chance of getting noticed and mind wiped that way....

Being Tortured, stripped of the force or getting hurt badly will NOT inducted a mindwipe.

They might help with a mindwipe but they will never cause it.

Why does many people think that with Revan if he gets de leveled whatsoever?

The KOTOR series seems, at a basic level, to rely on the search for something-K1 it was the StarForge, K2 it was the Jedi and Sith. If K3 follows the same patten then the general plot would most likely be one of two things;

The search for Revan and/or the Exile

The search for the big bad.

Given that Revan already seemed to know what the big bad was/is, or where to find it, and it was five years between games-enough time to have found it one would assume-that would to my mind tend to eliminate Revan as a player character, unless *rolls eyes* he/she loses their powers and memory....again.....

Ballance-if the Exile does start at a hight level then you'll end up with a uber Jedi right from the start, you'd never have to worry about feat selection or running out of force powers unless they made the fights very hard, which if done right at the start would put more than a few people (ie, new players) off straight away.

I would think that from a plot, development and game play viewpoint the Player character will be someone new, rather than the Exile or Revan given the above.

Could they turn up during the game? Sure, no reason they couldn't-after all Revan was in K2 in a way-so the two of them could show up. But I doubt they'd be playable characters.

Why does many people think that with Revan if he gets de leveled whatsoever?

I refure the honorable member to the post I made on the last page. While I was talking about the Exile, some of the comments would hold for playing Revan as well.

Why does it have to be in the old Republic?... I could be KOTNR, after Luke passes away and stuff, might be interesting, plus you don't have to worry about the story needing to tie in with something. Just an idea......

Why does it have to be in the old Republic?... I could be KOTNR, after Luke passes away and stuff, might be interesting, plus you don't have to worry about the story needing to tie in with something. Just an idea......

They need to finish the story of Revan-the vast majority of Starwars stories are in three parts and it would be odd for them to set everything up for K3 then to ignore the possibilities and move on. Knights of the New Republic might be something they consider after that, but since part of the story of Luke Skywalker is still being written I can't see them doing anything until that is done and dusted....maybe not even then. They would need to have an idea of what had happened before the game, at least in the general sense, in order to reference those events, which would tie the hands of anyone trying to write a good story set before the game-or it would give the plots away long before they were written.

Maybe after K3 they should consider KOTVOR-Knights of the Very old Republic, set even further back in time....

My solution for A KOTOR 3 PC Revan.

Prison Planet where he is tortured contiuously for informantion. While at the Prison Planets explains why Revan is not with the Ebon Hawk during Kotor 2.

Basicly Revan told Hk-47 and T3-M4 to leave him in a middle of the battle inwhich Hk-47 gets shot up and be dragged by T3-M4. All the While Revan gets capture by the True Sith Empire.

That is Problem solved.

As for the Level issues, Revan is too tired and too weak from the torture to keep a LVL 20 or higher status.

I think the easiest ones to explain about delevelization are HK and T3

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Well Mortis, there are actually some very possible plot points to continue on with the Exile, and I will only go with the plot holes you gave, as that is what your doubts are. First, to explain the deleveling: He would not have to magically have his mind wiped, the loss of his connection with the force... again, could be a byproduct of killing Kreia. Either you must cut yourself off from the Force again to avoid death, or instead of killing you, the Force Bond severance will cut you off from the Force again, both of those are very feasible if you ask me. As for the Exile's party, Revan had to leave all of those he cares about behind as well, so Exile could have told his people the same. I believe your last doubt was the difficulty from having two starting points of LS or DS, but again, that could be negated because of the Force severance from Kreia, though I'm not sure on that one. I mean, I definitely think the devs could easily solve that, but we'll see what happens. :sorcerer:

Wait a sec... How is Canderous's delevelization done?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest Jy Kon Star

Its the diffrents between Him being just a reguler Mandlorian named Canderous Ordo & now being Mandalor. In other words being Mandalor is a hole new Achivment.

Edited by Jy Kon Star

Guest Jy Kon Star

(Part Spoiler) Hi, I don't realy know what the story of KOTOR 3 will be Because that will be up to Obsidian. But Obsidian did leve some clues, Estereggs if you will of the futer. One Obsidian wanted to get started right away on KOTOR 3 after 2 but worn't allowed of corse that is not so relevent as the fact that in KOTOR 2 when you the Exile go into the tomb on Korriband you go throu your History, Past, Present, & futer. First you deal with Malk on the basses of if you will join Revan or not, the past. Second you face Kriea on the issue if you can forgive her or not, the present. Third you last Face Revan who is fully outfitted in his/her sith look with two lightsabers, you must defeat Revan to leave the tomb, the futer. so you can pritty much see that the Exile & Revan will be in the next KOTOR game & at sometime thay will colash in battle. If of course the game actully gets made. But this is only a guess.

Its the diffrents between Him being just a reguler Mandlorian named Canderous Ordo & now being Mandalor. In other words being Mandalor is a hole new Achivment.

*blinks* OK, that makes no sense. Just because Canderious became Mandalor doesn't mean he suddenly forgets everything he knew before. I like the fact that Mandalore only becomes part of your party after some period of time-meaning that you have to level him up several times which gives you the impression that he has been around for a while.

This is a viable way to deal with 'old' party members who were in the first two games, and the droids could have been damaged/been memory wiped etc. But this wouldn't work with Revan or the Exile as the main character as starting as anything other than level one would unbalance the game and make it less fun, that and the 'You lost your connection to the force....' explination has been used twice before. I do not want to play a main char who used to be a jedi/sith and who lost their force connection, it smacks of no imagination. Lets have someone new, someone who is starting out as a Jedi from scratch and who's power includes a natural ability to learn force powers, feats and lightsabre forms faster than normal so we can do without the Whole 'You were a Jedi but lost your powers' rubbish.

Of course odds are good that we'll end up with some nameless Jedi who left the order after the mandalorian wars and who hasn't used the force in years........

Guest Jy Kon Star

*blinks* OK, that makes no sense. Just because Canderious became Mandalor doesn't mean he suddenly forgets everything he knew before. I like the fact that Mandalore only becomes part of your party after some period of time-meaning that you have to level him up several times which gives you the impression that he has been around for a while.

This is a viable way to deal with 'old' party members who were in the first two games, and the droids could have been damaged/been memory wiped etc. But this wouldn't work with Revan or the Exile as the main character as starting as anything other than level one would unbalance the game and make it less fun, that and the 'You lost your connection to the force....' explination has been used twice before. I do not want to play a main char who used to be a jedi/sith and who lost their force connection, it smacks of no imagination. Lets have someone new, someone who is starting out as a Jedi from scratch and who's power includes a natural ability to learn force powers, feats and lightsabre forms faster than normal so we can do without the Whole 'You were a Jedi but lost your powers' rubbish.

Of course odds are good that we'll end up with some nameless Jedi who left the order after the mandalorian wars and who hasn't used the force in years........

Of coures he didn't forget what he learnd befor. But now as Mandalor he has to learn what it even means to be Mandalor witch opens up hole new skill branching. Just like the diffrents between being A Jedi Gardian & a Master. As a Jedi Gardian in the D20 system to became a master in the first place you have to meet serten prereqisits & not just reaching level 15. Plus I wasn't even refuring to Revan/Exile at all in regaurds of memery loss that is a hole new ballpark of story line desitions not D20 mecanics...

At the beginning, the protagonist is the Exile. You are to go to the Unknown Regions to find Revan and help him/her fight the Sith before they have a chance to launch their attack on the Republic. Of course, as the game progresses, you gather party members, both before you leave for the Unknown Regions and after you get there. Once you arrive, you make contact with different characters, loyal to the Republic, who have infiltrated the Sith; perhaps a Bothan spy or two. As you make contact with them, they will join your party. Just like in KotOR 2, different characters will join your party based on your alignment.

At some point in the game, the Exile is killed. At that point, you are in control of Revan for the rest of the game. After the Exile's untimely death, you will make contact with a party member of the opposite sex who will, ultimately, be your love interest.

Since, according to canon, the Sith take control of the galaxy somewhere around this time, they will be the ulitmate victors, regardless of the player's actions and alignment.

Going back to discussions a couple of pages back about whether you should have all the "jedi-fiable" team members; some people say that there were too many in K2, others like being able to make various members jedi.

How about this for a viable compromise - almost any of your companions can become Jedi, but you can only take one apprentice on - thus you have a lot of range of options for companions to make jedi, but you don't end up with a whole team of them because of it. Basically once you take one of them on, the option to do so with the others is taken away.

What do people think?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Going back to discussions a couple of pages back about whether you should have all the "jedi-fiable" team members; some people say that there were too many in K2, others like being able to make various members jedi.

How about this for a viable compromise - almost any of your companions can become Jedi, but you can only take one apprentice on - thus you have a lot of range of options for companions to make jedi, but you don't end up with a whole team of them because of it. Basically once you take one of them on, the option to do so with the others is taken away.

What do people think?

great idea ... and maybe your apprentice has to be a party member when you leave your ship ?? ( just a thought )

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader