KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

That all? Ive beaten it on every character,male/female,good/bad/,faces,class,subclass. Thats about 32 times...

ummmmmmmmmm ... yay !! rly if u want to talk abouthow many times u beat k2 u should start a topic in the k2 forom !!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

That all? Ive beaten it on every character,male/female,good/bad/,faces,class,subclass. Thats about 32 times...

y0swm9iu1p5w.jpg

---------

And yes... If there would be ANY playable alien-race in the game - then I would like it to be a Twi'Lek.

Yeah you could have a feat that makes you get a +100 bonus to persuade. I'd call it strip.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

How about a little more K3 ideas/discussion, rather than unneccesary off-topic commentary that leads to the evil spam monster and thread pruning ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmmm Im not sure if KOTR will be MMORPG but if it is then please follow my advice :brows:

What Star Wars Galaxies II/ KOTR III (Title pending!) Should Be,

My name is Chris Ramirez. I am now 23 years old and a working professional. Star Wars over my lifetime has been more than just a movie, it is a legacy. I too like many other individuals like to collect Star Wars figurines, create fan fictions, listen to Star Wars music, and yes, even play Star Wars themed games. When Star Wars Galaxies was announced back in 2,000 it was like a dream come true. A world where fans and newcomers alike could delve into with the anticipation of living within Star Wars folklore. What could be greater than making a name for yourself inside this virtual world I asked myself. Wielding a lightsabre at your opponent, going face to face with a bounty hunter

Holy crap, I've read every post that has been posted since my first day in this forum, but that has to be the first one that I just can't do..... But here's one idea to everyone's arguments that KotOR III is NOT in production (although I'm not saying that it is), KotOR II was made on BioWare's Odyssey Engine, therefore, it is a very high probability that KotOR III could very well be using the Mass Effect Engine, which I don't think will be that bad of an idea. Somebody had the suggestion that the force powers need to have that "WOW" factor, and I agree, but only on your 3rd tier, end-game powers. I like in Battle for Middle Earth, Gandalf's Word Of Power destroys all beings within a 10 foot radius, and it is awe-inspiring to think about that in real-life. I would love to see stuff like that in KotOR, as it has never been visualized in the movies or the games (with the exception of the up-coming Force Unleashed possibly). And also, many props to the moderators of these forums, as they actually moderate, something I am truly grateful for. The LotR TWC forums were completely unorganized, and all-in-all, were a complete disaster (especially now that they've postponed the game indefinitely). And to be honest on the production time of KotOR III, I would not be surprised at all if it were already in the process, if just barely, or on the brink of production at this very moment. I also wouldn't be surprised to see an official website (of course with separate forums) come out in the near future. Now, as far has having non-Jedi in the game, I think that would be time better spent on making something else better, I believe it was Mortis that first said that. Although I definitely agree with possibly being an alien race, I mean, I would love to be a Selkath, possibly having a small run-in with the Rakatan, their former masters. But the idea of spending that much time starting on Kashyyk was a completely off idea, and would throw the storyline way off. I really don't see a way for them to incorporate many of the planets that have already been seen in either KotOR games, I mean, I can see Coruscant being a good starting planet, and Korriban being a planet where you have to ward off a battalion of invading True Sith, as Kreia said in TSL. But, as far as saying that the True Sith have been bred with humans, and could not truly be called a separate race, that may be correct, but the full conversation with Kreia at the end of the game reveals that Revan did go to fight the "True" Sith, explicitly stated, and that they have forgotten Korriban, but will soon remember. On our party, I don't think they should have a higher number of members that join you, I think you should have many more individuals that can be chosen instead, with the possibility of dropping members for newer, more preferable ones. A small thing I think should be fixed is getting DS points when I use Force Persuade to get useful information, even if it's to help innocent people, yet going through stealing everyone's belongings is just fine (although I love stealing the belongings, and do not want to have that be DS point merited). But I do feel that if you are going DS, you should be able to go around slashing whoever you feel like slashing, as you are Dark, and you can do as you please. Well, that's all for today, haha, here's a reasonably long one for everyone.

Cmramirez02@hotmail.com

For those that missed it. :(

Meaning don't post your email unless you want to be spammed. Not that I would. :yucky:

Yes I realize the ironic hypocrisy of copying and highlighting something then saying it shouldn't be done.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Ur talking of GOW arent u? But Yes that Is great I agree and disagree, I went through the same faze with Galaxies I anticipated it but it came out nothing like I hoped. Now Ur KOTOr 3 ideas are good aswell I like Ur point on the armor and weapons other people should read this.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

My ideas...

1 Levels for the force/lightsaber forms so you can become an expert in whatever form you like to use instead of having equal skill at all of them

2 Change it so that your attacks actually look different when you are using different forms, and so when you are doing 4 hits you swing that many times (instead of just twice)

3 Have real time turn based fighting in space. You would have a mechanic class person in your party who could build a ship or just add on laser cannons and stuff. You could to fire lasers, torpedoes, tractor beam, bomb, or dodge. You might have anything from a starfighter to a capitol ship.

4 Have a huge battle near the end of the game with hundreds of soldiers from both sides, like the battle of Geonosis, that you would have to fight through to get to the main boss. (Okay that might cause the game to lag, but it would be cool)

Edited by tulakhordpwnsjedi

My ideas...

1 Levels for the force/lightsaber forms so you can become an expert in whatever form you like to use instead of having equal skill at all of them

2 Change it so that your attacks actually look different when you are using different forms, and so when you are doing 4 hits you swing that many times (instead of just twice)

3 Have real time turn based fighting in space. You would have a mechanic class person in your party who could build a ship or just add on laser cannons and stuff. You could to fire lasers, torpedoes, tractor beam, bomb, or dodge. You might have anything from a starfighter to a capitol ship.

4 Have a huge battle near the end of the game with hundreds of soldiers from both sides, like the battle of Geonosis, that you would have to fight through to get to the main boss. (Okay that might cause the game to lag, but it would be cool)

i like these ideas very good that could make the game that much better !!

Also, You should be able to have virtually anyone be your party member. You could pay them or force persuade them or just ask them to join you. You could also get rid of any party member, by killing them or just forcing them to leave.

this is also a pretty good idea but its not a major factor .... if they dont put that in there i wont really care but if they do great!!

I wouldn't want that last idea anywhere near KOTOR.

Neither the ability to get anyone nor the ability to kill anyone you want, is a good idea. There is absolutely no way to create a meaningful story or interesting characters, if you use that idea.

First, all NPCs couldn't have anything to do with the story, second, it's basically impossible to create dozens and dozens of interesting characters, not to mention that it would take ages to develope. Third, you end up without interesting but annoying characters. You simply cannot do that in a story-driven game like KOTOR.

Exactly, some of them ideas suckz0rx, and pretty much would ruin the games storyline.

Some of the things would be almost impossible to do because what a lot of people are asking for is too much, and most is unnecessary.

My ideas...

1: That couldn't be done with the current rules as they stand. They would have to alter the basic rule sets for skills and combat, and I'm guessing that as good an idea as that is they will stick to the current rule sets.

2; Agreed.

3; While a good idea I can't see them doing that. Part is down to the work needed-in effect they'd have to make two games in one and if K2 is any indication the developer isn't going to have the time. I'd also guess that it would not be popular given the way KOTOR is played, and it could create major problems for the PC version in terms of controls-Space flight using a controler on the X-Box is one thing, but translating that into a useable system that relies on the keyboard and mouse would (again) require a fair amount of time to work out and implement, and probably be considered too much work for a minor part of the game. (K1 &2 were not about space battles this this manner, and I'd be truely astonished if they made K3 any different).

A turn based system similar to the ground based combat in the game could be done, and be easier to translate between platforms, but again I think it would be considered to much effort for a minor part of the game-and something that might just annoy people and put them off the game. Unless they intend to make major changes to the way to navigate between planets space encounters would have to be random-as they were in K1-and that would quickly become annoying as it did in K1. I want to visit the planets and finish the quests there, not spend my time being jumped by ships everytime I wanted to go to a new world. If the battles were all scripted, and not random, then its a lot of work for something that isn't going to be seen or used that often.

4; I don't think that would happen due to the limitations of the varying platforms. The large battles at the end of K2 were pushing the average PC as it was. A battle with 100 people would require potential players on the PC to have state of the art systems, and therefore limit the number of potential buyers of the game to a handful-Or in simple english the cost of developing a PC version just wouldn't be worth it, since very few people would be able to run the game on their computers, fewer would buy it and they'd never make their money back. I'm guessing that while K3 (if/when it comes out) will have larger battles they will not be in the 50+ numbers, I'd be surprised if the number of opponents gets near or over 20 to be honest. Even assuming the required system to run the game on is higher than the last two games they will not want to make them too high.

Thats the PC version anyway, consoles might be able to handle more opponents but there is no way someone with any sense would develop and release a game on a console that lags.

4; I don't think that would happen due to the limitations of the varying platforms. The large battles at the end of K2 were pushing the average PC as it was. A battle with 100 people would require potential players on the PC to have state of the art systems, and therefore limit the number of potential buyers of the game to a handful-Or in simple english the cost of developing a PC version just wouldn't be worth it, since very few people would be able to run the game on their computers, fewer would buy it and they'd never make their money back. I'm guessing that while K3 (if/when it comes out) will have larger battles they will not be in the 50+ numbers, I'd be surprised if the number of opponents gets near or over 20 to be honest. Even assuming the required system to run the game on is higher than the last two games they will not want to make them too high.

Thats the PC version anyway, consoles might be able to handle more opponents but there is no way someone with any sense would develop and release a game on a console that lags.

Just my wishful thinking

the huge battle could be done by breaking up areas into zones and having an animated background that depicts the rest of the battle. And overhead include 4 or 5 ships that just fly by and occasionally get blown up.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

the huge battle could be done by breaking up areas into zones and having an animated background that depicts the rest of the battle. And overhead include 4 or 5 ships that just fly by and occasionally get blown up.

I was thinking that while I was reading the response to the idea. Although, I don't see anyway there could be hundreds of people from both sides, as the Republic is presently at the brink of destruction. Possibly the Mandalorians will have their last battle, as Kreia spoke of on Dxun, but I don't see a big battle fitting into the storyline. I really liked the way K2 was presented, in that it's you against the universe idea, and you have to use your strengths and advantages against your "enemy." The biggest thing I didn't like was the lack of a goal on each planet. K1 did a wonderful job with that, I mean, it was just get the Star Maps, and move on. In K2, it was just, okay, you've finished the journal entries on this planet, now we'll have Atton fix your ship up so you can leave now, or something to that effect. I don't know, I'll be happy whichever way they go, as long as they create a good game. I mean, they could include zero of the ideas that I like of my own, or any others, and if it was still a great game, I would not care.

they could include zero of the ideas that I like of my own, or any others, and if it was still a great game, I would not care.

same here ... i just want it to be good

Ah yes the awesome quality animated backgrounds that you see at the dueling arena on Taris, or the nicely painted background of Dxun.

Walhs's alien gootunnels idea for Aliens game is ten times better than 95 % of these "ideas" for K3

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It would be nice to have different overall goals on the planets, instead of the same goal for every planet, like in K2 and K1. Maybe you could solve a political crisis on one world, fight in a war on another to get an important ally, find a crucial item on another, ect. ect. It just gets kind of old doing the same overall thing on all the planets.

It would be nice to have different overall goals on the planets, instead of the same goal for every planet, like in K2 and K1. [1]Maybe you could solve a political crisis on one world, [2]fight in a war on another to get an important ally, [3]find a crucial item on another, ect. ect. [4]It just gets kind of old doing the same overall thing on all the planets.

-*small spoilers*-

[1] you did solve a political crisis on Onderon.

[2] you did fight a small war on Dantooine, and whoever you helped was allied with you in the fight against Nihilus.

[3] you found several important/crucial items throughtout the game.

[4] Well we just proved that KOTOR2 fufills all your needs. :down:

---

seriously though - I know what you mean. When you are replaying either K1 or K2 you get tired, and fast, of looking for Star Maps and hidden Jedi Masters.

Fortune favors the bald.

It would be nice to have different overall goals on the planets, instead of the same goal for every planet, like in K2 and K1. Maybe you could solve a political crisis on one world, fight in a war on another to get an important ally, find a crucial item on another, ect. ect. It just gets kind of old doing the same overall thing on all the planets.

i agree

more diversity :thumbsup:

I love it when people read post just above their own :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)