KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

That was one lengthy post there, Mortis. Kudos to you for having that kind of attention span.

Anyways, I did miss that dueling ring. I wish it'd come back. It was pretty fun beating the crap out of those so-called fighters and getting paid for it. *Sigh* Can they bring it back...please?

Bioware hasn't announced anything related to KotOR for years. They've even said they don't want to work on that series anymore.

one word: Bull-sh*t

no that rumor about that mmo kotor game . soppsably bioware was developing that !! well this is the only thing weve heard since that one woman sayin they wont leave the franchise behind so ....

no they never announced a mmo ... they had a source that told them about the mmo but obviously he was wrong just as well as this rumor could also be wrong but i even seen an article from like around march that said sumthin about bioware making k3 and it possibly coming out around christmas and it being announced by bioware in july after mass effects release . if this rumor is true then k3 should b announced at e3 !!

Ok. I can't take it. How can a site which was retarded enough to say Bioware had announced a Kotor MMO possibly be right about yet another rumor of Kotor 3, something that had been done thousands of times and disproven each and every freaking time?!

Its a rumor. Rumors have a 1% chance of being true.

Until Obsidian or Lucas Arts announces Kotor 3, there is no chance it is under development.

Okay?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Here are my ideas for KotoR III:

- Fully customizable character. Can play as a non-Jedi. Force Sensitive is a feat/ability you can choose at the beginning. If you choose to be non-force sensitive like Han Solo, you get to choose a different pathway of abilities that gives you some exclusive advantages too. You also get a different personal storyline and factions to join depending on what your character is.

- Alien races. Any of the human looking ones with abilities/weaknesses.

- Age. Be old like a Jedi Master or young like Anakin. Being older gives you limits on how much you can grow. Instead you are a great leader like Yoda. Your teammates are your best weapons, performing with awesome precision and gaining new abilities thanks to your teaching and leadership. Or if you are young, you have enormous Force Potential but in order to grow you must train yourself rigorously and the growth of your team is average-limited. You can also be an age in between these two extremes, like Obi Wan, giving you a balance.

- Party Members according to alignment. Obviously have them leave/get killed/come back according to your dark side, light side choices.

- Force Powers according to alignment. They should be powered according to your alignment with bonuses etc. Like a Light Side Buff for a true lightsider might be able to completely nullify/reflect damage. Force Lightening from a Dark Sider is harder to resist, does more damage. The number of powers/abilities should be simplified but their characteristics and system be made more complex and enhanced - the previous games turned it way too much into a typical magic system without consulting the films. Also separate mana into DS and LS points. DS powers only able to be cast with enough DS points and vice versa. Anakin has to kill younglings to supposedly get strong with the DS so the same should apply to the kotor Jedi.

- A truly branched out storyline. Your choices should lead you on one of several or a dozen paths with your own special secrets to uncover depending on your loyalty to the Sith, Jedi, Republic, yourself, etc. So even though the main quest converges, there is still a lot of open ended gameplay.

- I'm also hoping for a new engine like maybe Mass Effect.

Can play as a non-Jedi.

I seriously doubt that would work in a KOTOR game. Even leaving out how many people play the games so they can become a Jedi, the KOTOR series is balanced so that lightsabres are the most powerful and useful weapons in the game (Due to the number of upgrades they can have, the feats you can use with them-including defecting blasters and not just their damage potential). A player who was not a Jedi would not have access to lightsabres, which would make the end of the game next to impossible to finish.

I would think that the developers would take the line that adding the possibility of playing a non-Jedi would be an added extra that would take up time better used on other sections of the game.

- Age. Be old like a Jedi Master or young like Anakin. Being older gives you limits on how much you can grow. Instead you are a great leader like Yoda. Your teammates are your best weapons, performing with awesome precision and gaining new abilities thanks to your teaching and leadership. Or if you are young, you have enormous Force Potential but in order to grow you must train yourself rigorously and the growth of your team is average-limited. You can also be an age in between these two extremes, like Obi Wan, giving you a balance.

Thats an interesting idea, although I'm not sure how they would impliment that with the current leveling system. Like the above I suspect the developers would consider it more effort that it would be worth and stick with an undisclosed (Youngish) age.

- Force Powers according to alignment. They should be powered according to your alignment with bonuses etc. Like a Light Side Buff for a true lightsider might be able to completely nullify/reflect damage. Force Lightening from a Dark Sider is harder to resist, does more damage. The number of powers/abilities should be simplified but their characteristics and system be made more complex and enhanced - the previous games turned it way too much into a typical magic system without consulting the films. Also separate mana into DS and LS points. DS powers only able to be cast with enough DS points and vice versa. Anakin has to kill younglings to supposedly get strong with the DS so the same should apply to the kotor Jedi.

Some of what you are saying is already implimented to some degree in the games, in that it takes more FP to use DS powers if you are LS and vice versa. It would be nice to see you having some types of Force powers that you don't have to select if you have mastery (LS or DS). For example a LS mastery might give you a bonus to resist some DS powers or vice versa.

I do agree with some of your comments on the force-power system as it stands, mainly that many of the powers you can pick have very little use and that there are far to many of them.

I don't thing the DS/LS FP system would work, in fact I suspect it would only make life far more complicated than it needs to be. (Your comments about Anakin killing younglings to get stronger in the DS is not correct as such. It would be more accurate to say that he became more evil by killing children, and hence held back less when using the force-or was willing to go further to forfill his goals.) I'm really not sure how you could have a system for differnt LS and DS FP without preventing them from recharging only when you commit DS or LS actions.

Edited by Darth Mortis

I personally wouldnt mind playin as a soldier during the Mandalorian and jedi civil wars. You should be able to play on either side of both conflicts. And before people bring in lightsaber- Its fun but i rarely use one...i either use guns or the force, so going without one wouldnt do much.

I personally wouldnt mind playin as a soldier during the Mandalorian and jedi civil wars. You should be able to play on either side of both conflicts. And before people bring in lightsaber- Its fun but i rarely use one...i either use guns or the force, so going without one wouldnt do much.

Everybody uses swords. Guns can't do anything...

And some more agressive force powers, or more amazing would be nice. Not just the average bonus power or damage over time thing. Something that just makes you say "WOW!" after using it the first time.

In other words, the force should be uber.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I meant like dueling with another jedi in the academy or in ur party to increase ur skill. More customizable characters feats race/color/face/eyes/ears/hair etc.

"And some more agressive force powers, or more amazing would be nice. Not just the average bonus power or damage over time thing. Something that just makes you say "WOW!" after using it the first time.

In other words, the force should be uber. "

This is to close related to the Force Unleashed but it would be cool.

Oh and just so u know me beaten both games 20 times each diff class sub classes faces girl boy dark and light.

Edited by Bass-GameMaster

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

i really liked the following plot suggestiong made by blucihnu is thread 21

"Hopefully this will be wild enough to qualify as a quality first post...

Here are my thoughts for the final installment of the KotOR series, rusty as I am on the plots of both games:

To this point, we have encountered two entites of "indescribable power." So far as we know, both are still alive and, as the expression goes, kickin'. We all know that in the Star Wars universe, this simply cannot be. A conflict, therefore, is facilitated simply by their very existence. In keeping with the tradition set by the first two, KotOR 3 will introduce us to an entirely new protagonist, who will either be the go-between for the two powers, or could perhaps even be a third candidate in the upcoming primaries, so to speak. This game will push our undestanding of "Dark Side" and "Light Side" to their furthest extremities, inviting us to question, as Camus, the nature of Good and Evil. Neither Revan nor the Exile will be pinned to a particular cosmic allegiance (given the choice presented to the player in 1 & 2), and a war will be waged in psychological space, rather than physical. It would be EXTREMELY COOL if the party system were flexible - to the point that people NPCs could voluntarily leave your party and join with one of the other two "leaders," based on in-game decisions. I'm no video game developer, but I imagine this wouldn't be terribly difficult to integrate, though goodness knows I've been wrong before.

Of course the physical aspect will still be very much present, it simply wouldn't be KotOR without the crazy battles, repetetive though they could at times be. I don't have too many thoughts regarding locales, but I rank among the proponents of introducing new systems to the Star Wars Universe, or touching on the existing ones that have gotten little press thus far (books, comics, games etc.) in the Star Wars universe's ridiculously young life. (What, thirty or so years now?)"

of course, this would mean putting names and faces to old protagonists. personally i would not have a problem with this. i like the idea of division between two great powers. perhaps they differ in their preferred approach to an impending crisis. perhaps this difference is not necessarrily a crude question of good vs. evil, but perhaps deciding upon the lesser of two evils, in the vain of all those other unending debates, like abortion or the iraq war.

i hope obsidian is at the helm and i doubt bioware would want to do it. my main desire is that the developers are given the time and resources needed to make a truly fantastic product. great games are not made in less than two years. that is just the way it is.

i hope that obsidian can finally stop making the same mistakes they have been with their last few games. the endless mind numbing filler combat, the way i feel like the combat and the dialogue are two unconnected games.

mainly though, i want to talk about things that few people have touched upon so far. ie, the gameplay.

KOTOR3 needs more skills. of this i am sure. although i loved the implementation of skills like repair and cumputing into strategy, the fact that almost any party would, between them, just about master every skill in the game, slightly cheapened this. the game needs more. some suggestions:

- multiple dialogue skills like bludd and intimidate, as in NWN2

- a general crafting skill, that is used for all crafting in addition to the current set.

i'd also really like to be able to multiclass with non jedi classes, and gain ranks as a scout, fighter and others. multiple races would be great as well, with twi'leks, duros, iridonians and others that use a similar basic body shape probably being most eligible.

i also hope that the game does not take you to such high levels this time around. i think that the philosophy of "the player must get to see everything in the game" is deeply flawed. by the end of KOTOR2 i was picking feats i didn't want and powers i didn't need until i basically had the full set. i no longer cared about levelling up and i had less desire to replay the game with different characters.

i am not suggesting that they saturate us with unecessarry powers and feats, but that they try and keep players hungry right up to the end of the game, and leave us with characters which, though powerful, are still flawed and interesting. i think that the trend of recent rpgs has been to treat players like spoilt children and give them everything they ask for, even if it means not having as mch fun in the long term.

Playing as a non-Jedi shouldn't be in the game, apart from maybe the first few levels. Anything else really isn't doable, because a non-force user has absolutely zero chance against a powerful force user, especially in a one on one fight.

And please finish the story that was started in KOTOR II. It wouldn't make any sense to completely disregard the true Sith, now that they changed Revan's reason for the war. If you build up an enemy in part two, you don't go in a totally different direction in part three. The game should be about stopping the Sith, just like it was set up to be, with Revan going to the unknown regions and Kreia telling the Exile to follow him.

I meant like dueling with another jedi in the academy or in ur party to increase ur skill.

That would be nice, but unless they intend to totally overhaul and rewrite the basic rules of the game I don't think they can increase combat skills that way. Like a lot of other ideas that have cropped up on here I have a feeling that while they would be good, who ever delelops K3 would consider that much alteration to be too much effort-or more likely would decide that they just don't have the time to do that much work on the game.

More customizable characters feats race/color/face/eyes/ears/hair etc.

Agreed. I've said before that I just can't see why they couldn't allow the same type of character building you can get on the SIMS 2-even a more watered down version shouldn't take that long to put in place. After all they must use something like that to create the faces of all the Characters in the game.

Everybody uses swords. Guns can't do anything...

Guns can do things, 2 hit kills. Though they shuold have made guns do a LOT more damage...seeing as in reality one shot could kill, your obviously not smart enough to mix the feats and gun skills to work effectively with them.

Guns can do things, 2 hit kills. Though they shuold have made guns do a LOT more damage...seeing as in reality one shot could kill, your obviously not smart enough to mix the feats and gun skills to work effectively with them.

Try fighting Sion or Nilius with blasters and see how long you last. Besides Lightsabre crystals can add to your stats, which can increase your force powers, chances to hit, damage you can do etc so they are the better weapons towards the end of the game.

Try fighting Sion or Nilius with blasters and see how long you last. Besides Lightsabre crystals can add to your stats, which can increase your force powers, chances to hit, damage you can do etc so they are the better weapons towards the end of the game.

As i stated in my earlier post i play as blaster or force characters...i HAVE beaten them with blasters

I want to play as a twilek or maybe a selkath or something. Well not really just throwing out ideas, Im so anxious to hear any news I gobbled up the "Lucas wont leave the franchise behind". Im looking for same gameplay but with improved details, U pick ur misssions and the way u go Multiple endings including a grey jedi ending

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

That's only because games are ****ing easy

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I want to play as a twilek or maybe a selkath or something. Well not really just throwing out ideas, Im so anxious to hear any news I gobbled up the "Lucas wont leave the franchise behind". Im looking for same gameplay but with improved details, U pick ur misssions and the way u go Multiple endings including a grey jedi ending

I wanna' be a Wookiee. Maybe the entire first level (which should take about 2-3 hours to finish) should take place on Kashyyyk.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest Accept
That all? Ive beaten it on every character,male/female,good/bad/,faces,class,subclass. Thats about 32 times...

y0swm9iu1p5w.jpg

---------

And yes... If there would be ANY playable alien-race in the game - then I would like it to be a Twi'Lek.