KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

Towards the end of April we reported that BioWare had formed a new internal studio to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game.

Never did that

Earlier this year, BioWare announced the formation of a mini-studio devoted to developing the new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

Never did that

SOMEHING-LIKE-THOSE-OTHER-QUOTES-BUT-WITH-DIFFERENT-WORDS-ON-THAT-THIRD-SITE-WHICH-IS-DOWN-APPARENTLY

Never did that

Oh, and seriously, Pandemic Studios? :x

Uh, hello. They're FPS company :ermm:

actually i read about all that stuff in oxm and cvg magazines !!! and pandemic studios is owned by bioware who is rumored to be creating k3 !!!!!!

I don't understand you people! We are all waiting for kotor III but when someone says that it will come out soon or shows some rumors you say: NO! Bull **** kotor III isn't coming out!

Yeah, that's because we've seen so incredibly many rumours that have proven to be false, so that we don't believe anything of the new rumours that are coming up.

Especially not when they are from sites like the ones dustin19 posted, most of us know from experience that it just can't be true.

A; Whoever is developing the game has been given something like 8 months to create it. K2 took something like 12 months and that was rushed, 8 months would result in a game so short you could put the kettle on and have a cup of coffee ready by the time you finished the game, and it would have so many bugs you could call it Knights of the Old Republic-the ant farm. The only way they could create K3 in 12 months and keep it a fairly good game would be to use the basic K2 engine as is. However, given that an X-box 360 release is almost a given, I would have to ask if the K2 engine would work on that platform, let alone if LA would seriously want to release a game on the 360 with such outdated graphics. This also takes no account of the possibility that K3 could be released on PS3 or even PSP, both would require extra work in addition to just making the basic game.

we've been waiting for this game for 3 years !! who is to say they havent started the developement years ago ??

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Towards the end of April we reported that BioWare had formed a new internal studio to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game.

Never did that

Earlier this year, BioWare announced the formation of a mini-studio devoted to developing the new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

Never did that

SOMEHING-LIKE-THOSE-OTHER-QUOTES-BUT-WITH-DIFFERENT-WORDS-ON-THAT-THIRD-SITE-WHICH-IS-DOWN-APPARENTLY

Never did that

actually i read about all that stuff in oxm and cvg magazines !!! and pandemic studios is owned by bioware who is rumored to be creating k3 !!!!!!

I don't understand you people! We are all waiting for kotor III but when someone says that it will come out soon or shows some rumors you say: NO! Bull **** kotor III isn't coming out!

Yeah, that's because we've seen so incredibly many rumours that have proven to be false, so that we don't believe anything of the new rumours that are coming up.

Especially not when they are from sites like the ones dustin19 posted, most of us know from experience that it just can't be true.

A; Whoever is developing the game has been given something like 8 months to create it. K2 took something like 12 months and that was rushed, 8 months would result in a game so short you could put the kettle on and have a cup of coffee ready by the time you finished the game, and it would have so many bugs you could call it Knights of the Old Republic-the ant farm. The only way they could create K3 in 12 months and keep it a fairly good game would be to use the basic K2 engine as is. However, given that an X-box 360 release is almost a given, I would have to ask if the K2 engine would work on that platform, let alone if LA would seriously want to release a game on the 360 with such outdated graphics. This also takes no account of the possibility that K3 could be released on PS3 or even PSP, both would require extra work in addition to just making the basic game.

we've been waiting for this game for 3 years !! who is to say they havent started the developement years ago ??

And during these 3 years we've heard numerous times these same "ZOMG K3 is under developmnt" rumours. Heck, I guess they're closing hundred by now

And those rumours you linked are from more goofy side of great Spectre Of Rumours

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Never did that

Never did that

Never did that

And during these 3 years we've heard numerous times these same "ZOMG K3 is under developmnt" rumours. Heck, I guess they're closing hundred by now

And those rumours you linked are from more goofy side of great Spectre Of Rumours

ya and g4 is one of the best sites to get info !! o well i gave ya'll info , i cant make ya'll believe it . and i do understand that there has been so many rumors that have come though here that its is hard to believe them after i while but i am keeping my hope up for the game .

And those sites APPARENTLY thought that BIOWARE HAS ANNOUNCED KOTOR MMO WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER DONE

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

no they never announced a mmo ... they had a source that told them about the mmo but obviously he was wrong just as well as this rumor could also be wrong but i even seen an article from like around march that said sumthin about bioware making k3 and it possibly coming out around christmas and it being announced by bioware in july after mass effects release . if this rumor is true then k3 should b announced at e3 !!

On the subject of rumors on the web...

I just got wind about KOTOR 3 for Christmas 2007.

Anybody getting the USA's official XBox360 magazine?

na man i wish !! i believe the rumors !! u gotta believe sumthin and this is wat i believe

Okay - Thread pruned.

Again - let's keep it civil.

I think there's still alot of constructive things to discuss - so a golden rule here would be: if you don't have anything useful to add - steer clear.

Fortune favors the bald.

Okay, first, that quote stretch got a bit long, haha. Second, I believe that a part of those rumors could be true. I wouldn't doubt that a web site could possibly be in the works. I mean, I was at the LotR TWC website for months, and it wasn't slated for release until Christmas of this year. I am actually hoping that the release date rumor is wrong, as strange as that may seem. Now, seeing as it probably is wrong, I don't have much to worry about. But, going off of the extended rumor of this fellow with a pal at Pandemic. I believe Pandemic, Obsidian, and BioWare are all owned by the same company. Now, going off of that, and the notion that KotOR III will use the same engine that Mass Effect is running off of, and also using the statement that BioWare has previously made, that they do NOT want to develop KIII, then the only assumption left (if there is any truth to these rumors), is that Obsidian was allowed to use BioWare's engine for KIII, as they are still owned by the same parent company. Now, that would actually shorten the production time of KIII tremendously, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable with the time constraint of 8 months, as I would think that the team would need more time to completely finish, and check the bugs before release. But again, I think it is very possible that a KIII website could very well be in development, but that doesn't mean anything other than: a) KIII is officially in production, and b) KIII could come out as late as 2009. But I also hope that the release date was wrong because I would much rather Obsidian develop KIII, as I felt that given the length of time they had (not enough), they created an interactive, extremely deep, emotionally attached work of art, that was cut in... about half. KotOR was a fantastic game of course, I just think that if Obsidian had the time BioWare had to create K I, then K II would have blown KI out of the water.

Edited by WKlingbeil

If K3 has been under construction for years the only real way would be for them to keep all personell completely isolated, No internet no phone mail. That would include the people who clean the building......Granted i wouldn have some fun doing that to people....tazer people who attemp to break the rules....put an internet explorer icon on the desktop that zaps them if they click it...=)

Obsidian doesn't have "mother company"

Bio and Pandemic however does

Obsidian doesn't have "mother company"

Bio and Pandemic however does

until EA buys Obsidian

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

lol they won't sell

...that's what I thought about Westwood too :)

I'm new to this thread, and haven't read all of the previous posts, so forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. I have a little theory I'd like to throw out there and see what you think:

What if, in Kotor III, there is an invasion from outside the galaxy by an unknown force that causes the galaxy to unite and become the weak Republic Palpatine overthrows thousands of years later? That might not be quite a shock, but the next part might be:

The invaders are a combo Yuuz-han-vong and the "actual" Sith (Species) led by a Dark Lord left over from Exar Kuns little fiasco a few hundred years back.

While you might think thats impossible, here are a few things that helped me come up with the theory:

1. Almost 100% of the time, when the game talks about the Sith as a species, they almost always say something like "havn't been seen in the galaxy for hundreds of years", "Sith were cast out", or "Their empire destroyed. it never says anything about the Species actually, with a 100% certainty, that they are all dead.

2. Not for sure about this, but there had to be at least a couple Sith Lords who didn't die in the Hyperspace War and weren't killed off by Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd ect. ect.

3. Zonama Sekot enters the galaxy as a seed from Yuuz-han-tar, or more likely is coming to frutation as planet around this time period. There is the possibilty that, as the Vong destroyed their galaxy and their homeworld, a large fleet could have been dispatched to track down Zonama Sekot.

4. While Zonama Sekot might not be the reason the Vong are in the Galaxy, they are there as evidenced by a conversation with Canderous in Kotor I. It went something like this:

-He starts telling you one of his war stories where he lead an assault on a ring of ice and uses thermal detanators on them to destroy the enemy. When one of the ice boulders blows up, however, there was something laying doramnt inside. It came to life and flew toward his fleet.

-You respond "It was a ship!"

-He says yes, then says something that makes you reply "It was alive?"

-He says yes again, then explains how it flew at his fleet, and destroyed most of it with molten projectiles. He then tells you how they tracked it to the edge of space, but stopped when it went beyond the galactic rim, because there was no way it could survive in open space like that. That ends the conversation.

5. This encounter could explain what Revan found in the Unknown regions when he went dark, and what he went back to destroy later.

6. If the Vong were in the galaxy, their lack of a force presence would explain why Kreia said there were places in the galaxy where "There are wounds in the force, and at these places, no one can hear it" or at least something along those lines.

7. This is probably one of the weirdest theories I have, but here goes: Not Yoda particulary, as he is not old enough,

but his race was the one that the Vong hated so much for defeating them in their war with the machine-using race that caused the Vong to go all "primitive".

8. As the only three known members of yodas species has shown, they are all force sensitive, and very powerful too, so they could have stripped the Vong of the force after defeating them.

9. It also could have been Yodas species that shepered Sekot to this galaxy, away from Vong control.

10. This would also explain why no one knows what species Yoda is, why there aren't many like him in the galaxy, and why no one knows where their homeworld is.

I know it was an extremely long post, so thanks for reading it. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions, just ask.

No any similar Yuuzhan Vong crap ever again thank you

No, not again... GAH!

Has anyone seen this yet?

Kotor3 coming soon?

Yes, go back a page.

The invaders are a combo Yuuz-han-vong and the "actual" Sith (Species) led by a Dark Lord left over from Exar Kuns little fiasco a few hundred years back.

Exar Kun was defeated about 40 years before KOTOR 1, not a few hundred years before. Jolee Bindo took part in the war against Kun and he was not a few hundred years old, even if he sometimes gave that impression.

What if, in Kotor III, there is an invasion from outside the galaxy by an unknown force that causes the galaxy to unite and become the weak Republic Palpatine overthrows thousands of years later?

That Republic (Palpatines) was around a thousand years old, and was the one Darth Bane came close to destroying. Nothing to say that the Republic of Palpatines era wasn't the same as the one from KOTOR, but if it was that weak it would never have survived Bane. The KOTOR games are set around 4000 years before the films.

1. Almost 100% of the time, when the game talks about the Sith as a species, they almost always say something like "havn't been seen in the galaxy for hundreds of years", "Sith were cast out", or "Their empire destroyed. it never says anything about the Species actually, with a 100% certainty, that they are all dead.

Currently Cannon has it that the 'Real' Sith are an extinct species, having been all killed or interbreed with humans to the point that they are no longer an seperate species. There isn't, however, anything to say quite when they died out, and the idea that some of them are still around during the time of KOTOR isn't impossible. It's also unclear at what period they really died out *Shrugs* The idea has been mentioned several times here before.

2. Not for sure about this, but there had to be at least a couple Sith Lords who didn't die in the Hyperspace War and weren't killed off by Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd ect. ect.

Thats a given. You could be confusing the Sith of the Film era with those of KOTOR. Around 1000 years before the films there was a Darth Bane, who started the rule of two-That is that there should only be two Sith lords at any given moment in time. Before this anyone who had enough power could call themselves a Sith Lord. (It can be confusing since Exar Kun was known as the Lord of the Sith, and Qel Droma was his apprentice. But it would seem that this was more to do with them being more powerful than anyone else, rather than with them being the only two Sith Lords of that time). Palpatine was a Sith Lord in so far that he was one of two of his time. Before Darth Bane 1000 years earlier it would seem that Sith Lord just meant a Sith trained force user who was powerful enough to have a following, while Lord of the Sith implied a Sith Lord powerful enough that all the various fractions thought twice before attacking them.

7. This is probably one of the weirdest theories I have, but here goes: Not Yoda particulary, as he is not old enough,

Yoda gives his age as 900 in Jedi strike back. Other sourses (mainly the book of Revenge of the Sith) also give his age as around 900-he was born after Darth Banes time, and was taught by some of the Jedi who took part in that war. Nothing to do with your ideas, just an aside.

I have to agree with this, lets see a totally new threat for K3 rather than falling back on lame ideas from the EU please. Your ideas have merit and are logical, but I wouldn't want the Yuuzhan Vong in K3 in any shape for form. (Or Gunguns, Ewoks or superweapons for that matter)

Edited by Darth Mortis

I have to agree with this, lets see a totally new threat for K3 rather than falling back on lame ideas from the EU please. Your ideas have merit and are logical, but I wouldn't want the Yuuzhan Vong in K3 in any shape for form. (Or Gunguns, Ewoks or superweapons for that matter)

You have my agreement too. When SW was created it was new stuff, it was a galaxy of history and people to expand on. Yet people all too often stick with the same people, the same factors,.... But with a galactic population of trillions, not to mention what those trillions are doing over thousands of years, you would think there was more to the SW universe and it's people than what keeps being used in stories. KOTOR was new and set 4000 years b4 just so they would not get trapped by the same lack of creativity that was befalling SW. It is perfectly OK to use time (but please not time travel), new people, new peoples, new places, new races, new ships and so on.

Also, don't forget that the story is always started with "Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away..." Keep it real folks.

You have my agreement too. When SW was created it was new stuff, it was a galaxy of history and people to expand on. Yet people all too often stick with the same people, the same factors,.... But with a galactic population of trillions, not to mention what those trillions are doing over thousands of years, you would think there was more to the SW universe and it's people than what keeps being used in stories. KOTOR was new and set 4000 years b4 just so they would not get trapped by the same lack of creativity that was befalling SW. It is perfectly OK to use time (but please not time travel), new people, new peoples, new places, new races, new ships and so on.

Also, don't forget that the story is always started with "Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away..." Keep it real folks.

ya agreed ... im bored so im goin to go beat k2 for tha 20th time .........

I dont know about when its coming out but I hope its not rushed. But kotor 3 will have to fall into place with Bane's path of destruction and the 1-6 starwars movies. Some people say there not similar but it was kriea who predicted Jango (mandalorian) was gona die by a jedi=MAce Windu. She said'to easy as we saw in the movie. There has to be some kind of link up. Oh and ship rides shouldn't be only 10 secs,make NPC's go to sleep,more characters awell as an expansion from former characters,customizable NEW CHARACTER,more into the sith background not just scracthing the surface,more training as well as lightsaber dueling, and alot more. Comment.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I dont know about when its coming out but I hope its not rushed.

You and I think everyone else here mate :(

But kotor 3 will have to fall into place with Bane's path of destruction and the 1-6 starwars movies.

Why? Bane isn't going to turn up for another 3000 years or so and the Galactic Empire another 1000 years after that. To try and make too much of a link between KOTOR and the films, or Bane, would seem to imply that nothing was going on at all in 3000 years after Revan-which is unlikely.

Some people say there not similar but it was kriea who predicted Jango (mandalorian) was gona die by a jedi=MAce Windu. She said'to easy as we saw in the movie. There has to be some kind of link up.

Again, why? Krieas comments were a nod to the film but say nothing about exactly why the Mandolorians ended up with the last of their number being killed like this. It also ignores the fact that Boba Fett and, for that matter, the clone troopers, were clones of Jango and would be considered Mandolorian......In fact if you think on it harder there is nothing to say that the Mandalorian Kriea was talking about was Jango, she could have been talking about Boba Fett's ultimate fate.

Oh and ship rides shouldn't be only 10 secs,make NPC's go to sleep,

I don't think they would add this to a game since the idea is that you travel from one world to the next doing quests. Unless there are things that you really had to do while on the ship this would just slow gameplay down, which is why I'm guessing they never included something like in the K1 or 2.

more characters awell as an expansion from former characters

Unless K3 is huge-meaning something like five or six planets you can visit before you start the end portion of the game-then to many characters wouldn't allow you to pick all of them for missions. I think the current party number ( 8 ) is as large as you could get without having a ship full of people you never use. (which happens in K2 anyway). I don't think K3 needs more party members, but people who have some use to you-Hk-47, T-3 and G0-T0 were more or less useless in K2 and you could quite happily go through all the missions after Peragus without using them once.

Former characters always create problems, since depending on how you played the first two games some could be dead and others might be overdone. Figure on HK-47, Canderious and T-3 being in K3, but others might work better as NPC's rather than party members. Otherwise its not really going to feel like a new game, plus there is not much new you could learn about former characters.

customizable NEW CHARACTER

If you mean not playing as Revan or the Exile agreed. Or rather that could be taken for granted.

more into the sith background not just scracthing the surface

Also Agreed.

more training as well as lightsaber dueling

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean more force powers you can learn from training? Or other skills and abilities you could pick up from party members?

Likewise on the lightsabre dueling. Do you mean you should be able to take part in fights for money-ie in a dueling ring? Or do you mean that you should be able to duel with other Jedi in your party to hone your skills in battle?

Edited by Darth Mortis