KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

I kept my G0-T0 on the ship all the time. Never used that giant eight ball. Between the lectures and the constant harassment, I just left him alone. He wasted space, too.

So did I.

I just hated everything about him... And that voice he had... *shivers* :ermm:

What was his purpose, anyway? Was there a plot? A secret little subplot just for G0-T0 that I didn't know about? Bah. It's not like I cared about him anyway.

I think G0-T0 was meant to have a major part to play on the droid planet and droid factory (which given his special skill with droids would make sense). Of course both of these things were cut from K2, which left G0-T0's only role after Nar-Shadaar to hover around the Hawk and annoy you. Unless of course you play as DS, in which case you can get monet from him, but by the time he's in my party I really don't need the credits. And to be honest he'd have to pay me far more than he does to justify not letting HK-47 use the fat one for target practice.

Thanks for the clarification, Mortis!

Oh, and I'd like to actually participate in Coruscant. Walk through it, kill people, have it as a planet to actually play on. I mean, we've heard about it. Can we actually play in it now?

I think the game should have more planets or storylines that require only certain characters, like on Kashyyk in KotOR I, you had to bring along Zaalbar, with no options. I like that because the more planets that are like that, the more character developments you have, and with a game as open-ended as KotOR, it is very hard to do EVERYTHING the game offers.

You dont have to take zaalbar onto kashyyyk(or however its spelled). But we get your meaning =)

I agree on the Coruscant thing.

I would love to see the Jedi Temple in kotor III

And back to the droids GOTO should have played a bigger role in the end but he was cut together woth HK-51 and HK-47

I think Coruscant should be a definite for KotOR III. I think that you should spend most of the game in the Outer Rim, but Coruscant should be your starting point, maybe a Jedi seeking to rebuild/ keep destroying the Jedi Order. I mean, I am not going to be very picky if they finally do bring this game out, as I really want it to be created, all I want is a high quality game.

Droids Rock!!!

In K1 I used T3 for the entire game, it was almost always my character (soldier/guardian), T3 and whoever else I happened to like at the time.

I tried the same in K2 but his combat effectiveness had dropped dramatically between games so I swapped him out for Bao-Dur. Still liked to use him occasionally though - he was often able to provide passable ranged support.

are you kidding me?

in K1 T3 was a complete and utter piece of ****

in K2 on the other hand, he was actually fairly decent, and with all the upgrades you/Bao Dur did to him he could get quite powerful

i did prefer HK in K1 than K2 though. He never really got enough feats for me to find him all that usefull

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Droids Rock!!!

In K1 I used T3 for the entire game, it was almost always my character (soldier/guardian), T3 and whoever else I happened to like at the time.

I tried the same in K2 but his combat effectiveness had dropped dramatically between games so I swapped him out for Bao-Dur. Still liked to use him occasionally though - he was often able to provide passable ranged support.

are you kidding me?

in K2 on the other hand, he was actually fairly decent, and with all the upgrades you/Bao Dur did to him he could get quite powerful

i did prefer HK in K1 than K2 though. He never really got enough feats for me to find him all that usefull

I disagree with the t3 statement (he did however polute a LOT) but Hk in kotor 2 is kinda bad because you dont get him until kinda late in the game...which makes it no fun

Droids Rock!!!

are you kidding me?

I disagree with the t3 statement (he did however polute a LOT) but Hk in kotor 2 is kinda bad because you dont get him until kinda late in the game...which makes it no fun

it woulda been better to have him earlier in the game !!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

crap crap and absolute crap

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Bioware hasn't announced anything related to KotOR for years. They've even said they don't want to work on that series anymore.

one word: Bull-sh*t

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bioware hasn't announced anything related to KotOR for years. They've even said they don't want to work on that series anymore.

one word: Bull-sh*t

no that rumor about that mmo kotor game . soppsably bioware was developing that !! well this is the only thing weve heard since that one woman sayin they wont leave the franchise behind so ....

We need some dirty rat at Lucas Arts to sneak us some intel.

definately . cuz i get tired of waitin for an announcement , im sure everyone else does to tho !!

Towards the end of April we reported that BioWare had formed a new internal studio to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game.

Never did that

Earlier this year, BioWare announced the formation of a mini-studio devoted to developing the new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

Never did that

SOMEHING-LIKE-THOSE-OTHER-QUOTES-BUT-WITH-DIFFERENT-WORDS-ON-THAT-THIRD-SITE-WHICH-IS-DOWN-APPARENTLY

Never did that

Oh, and seriously, Pandemic Studios? :lol:

Uh, hello. They're FPS company :grin:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Guest Accept
I don't understand you people! We are all waiting for kotor III but when someone says that it will come out soon or shows some rumors you say: NO! Bull **** kotor III isn't coming out!

Yeah, that's because we've seen so incredibly many rumours that have proven to be false, so that we don't believe anything of the new rumours that are coming up.

Especially not when they are from sites like the ones dustin19 posted, most of us know from experience that it just can't be true.

Nonetheless, I would like for you to at least keep a civil tone - I know this particular discussion have been spanning 23 threads - but some are still new at this and need to learn the ropes without being shot down before they can make their arguments.

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't understand you people! We are all waiting for kotor III but when someone says that it will come out soon or shows some rumors you say: NO! Bull **** kotor III isn't coming out!

They're pessamists who go by "No news is good news" =)

Yeah, that's because we've seen so incredibly many rumours that have proven to be false, so that we don't believe anything of the new rumours that are coming up.

Especially not when they are from sites like the ones dustin19 posted, most of us know from experience that it just can't be true.

There is also a degree of logic involved here. If, as both sights are saying, K3 might be released around X-Mas that means that;

A; Whoever is developing the game has been given something like 8 months to create it. K2 took something like 12 months and that was rushed, 8 months would result in a game so short you could put the kettle on and have a cup of coffee ready by the time you finished the game, and it would have so many bugs you could call it Knights of the Old Republic-the ant farm. The only way they could create K3 in 12 months and keep it a fairly good game would be to use the basic K2 engine as is. However, given that an X-box 360 release is almost a given, I would have to ask if the K2 engine would work on that platform, let alone if LA would seriously want to release a game on the 360 with such outdated graphics. This also takes no account of the possibility that K3 could be released on PS3 or even PSP, both would require extra work in addition to just making the basic game.

B; The game has been in development for at least the last six months without anyone letting it slip. For the life of me I can't understand why LA wouldn't admit to having K3 underdevelopment for this long, nor can I understand how a project that would be this big could stay hidden for so long.

There there other things that lead me to be suspisious of this rumour;

A; There is nothing more than a rumour that there is going to be a KOTOR MMO game in the first place. What are the odds that information about a KOTOR MMO, which doesn't seem to have fired the enthusiam of anyone, would be leaked before K3-which has a lot of enthusiam, even if lots of people are reserving judgement about it until they've had a chance to see the reviews?

B; Bioware has never indicated that they would be interested in making K3, period, let alone indicated that LA has talked to them at anypoint about any SW games.

I'm not saying that K3 isn't being worked on, nor that it might not be slated for a X-Mas release. It is quite possible that LA has been working on K3 for a while, but decided not to repeat the mistakes they made with K2 and opted to keep quiet until the game was almost ready. What I am saying is that the rumor on those sights doesn't add up as has been given. Until LA makes a statment that they are working on K3 and have a release date I'm going to reserve judgement and work on the assumption that all the rumours are just wishful thinking.

I don't believe a thing before I hear something about it either from LA or from... ....Obsidian. :ermm:

Ditto.

*Facepalms* I wish that it were true. In my little heart, I wish that the game would be made, but with the evidence presented and the information I read, I don't believe.

We're not pessimistic, whoever said that. I prefer to look at us as realists. Come on. This game was under-wraps for how long? Five months? Gimme a break. :x I've seen these things before, popping up to give us hope, and then crush out hopes and dreams flat with a giant hammer (or Xard's ax). I prefer to just sit and wait until someone from LA or Obsidian or whoever the heck's making this thing speaks.

OOH YEAH MAN, I CAN FEEL IT!

Sorry, not everyone gets orgasm when hearing rumor about K3

Nonetheless, I would like for you to at least keep a civil tone - I know this particular discussion have been spanning 23 threads - but some are still new at this and need to learn the ropes without being shot down before they can make their arguments.

Well, at least I'm innocent...

Or I was 'till this comment :ermm: