TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

TSLRP has always sounded more like hentai tentacle monster to me.

;)

I'm with Shryke, it'll be done when it's done. Besides, remember what happened when LA rushed it? I'd rather wait a few more months for a (semi)bug-free game than a rushed one with more bugs than the Florida Everglades.

Edited by jodo kast 5

You've got to feel sorry for these guys. Consider that they have had to play K2 over and over and over again in order to find and report bugs, then they have to play it over and over again to make sure the last fix worked. That they have managed to keep this up for years without losing interest is impressive, more so since I doubt any of them is going to be interested in playing KOTOR 2 again when they are done-They have sacrificed their own pleasure at playing this game for the rest of us. Then all they get when they look around are constant questions as to when it will be done, and complaints that it isn't done yet.

I want to see this finished as much as anyone, but I'm greatful that the RP peeps are doing this and are putting so much time and effort into doing this when they could quite easily have fallen to temptation and given up long ago. They will finish when they finish, and considering how long they have been working on this I would imagine that this will be as quickly as they can.

You've got to feel sorry for these guys. Consider that they have had to play K2 over and over and over again in order to find and report bugs, then they have to play it over and over again to make sure the last fix worked. That they have managed to keep this up for years without losing interest is impressive, more so since I doubt any of them is going to be interested in playing KOTOR 2 again when they are done-They have sacrificed their own pleasure at playing this game for the rest of us. Then all they get when they look around are constant questions as to when it will be done, and complaints that it isn't done yet.

Which is why I could never be beta tester :shifty:

I don't want this project being published unfinished and I have great respect for these guys. Geez, I have said this hundreds times over the years. Just because I nowadays may not be all the time "oh my god I think I get orgasm only by seeing new bug fixes oooh" it doesn't mean I'm not fan of this. However even fan should be capable to express his/her dissatisfaction.

Because for me "we're getting near end" doesn't mean yet another year of waiting.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I wonder if the beta testers have memorized the script to TSL...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Lol... I heard that this was the same team who is working on Duke Nukem Forever.

I can't believe that this project has gone on for two years. What a waste of time and energy. Well, I wish you guys/gals luck on progress. Ooops. We are back above 24 again. Looks like I will be eighty when this one comes out.

Lol...

Lol... I heard that this was the same team who is working on Duke Nukem Forever.

I can't believe that this project has gone on for two years. What a waste of time and energy. Well, I wish you guys/gals luck on progress. Ooops. We are back above 24 again. Looks like I will be eighty when this one comes out.

Lol...

Idiot... why even bring the negativity? does it make you feel good about yourself to call someone else's project that they've been working on for 2 years a waste of time?

how bout next time you think of saying something like this, just say it inside your own head.

Lol...

Idiot... why even bring the negativity? does it make you feel good about yourself to call someone else's project that they've been working on for 2 years a waste of time?

how bout next time you think of saying something like this, just say it inside your own head.

Who cares man. I mean really. I bought Knights of the Old Republic 2 because I like the first one. Nobody is going to care if this thing exists in five years. I think mods are a waste of time. You don't get paid. Your work doesn't get put on the game cd. Who really cares. Obsidian is not restoring the cut information, so the mod is a useless addition to the game. I'm a Obsidian fan first. I like Obsidian's work. NWN2 and KotOR II are both quality RPGs. My theory is that if it is not on the cd, the information being restored is useless. Who cares. With or without this mod "The Sith Lords" will be around for a while.

Go outside. Take a walk. Read a book. They have also been working on this mod for two years, and the game has reached its maturity for a sequel. "The Sith Lords" has an ending. Game over man!

Edited by Force Slayer

Obsidian is not restoring the cut information, so the mod is a useless addition to the game. I'm a Obsidian fan first. I like Obsidian's work. NWN2 and KotOR II are both quality RPGs. My theory is that if it is not on the cd, the information being restored is useless.

So, you narcissistic nooblet, you believe that Team Gizka should abandon its project because Obsidian isn't paying them to repair a flawed game? Do you really expect that you can come in here and **** all over Team Gizka, without good reason I might add, and not get flamed by intelligent beings, unlike yourself, who know that you are just as fallible as any other human? Evidently you do, and you are content to spew your "theories," however erroneous and conceived they may be, at everyone who actually wants to play a restored version of Kot0R II. Also, could you tell me, if you are so smart and omnipotent, why you did not do any research before posting your lies? For, as the word restoration suggests, most of the cut-content was already on the game disk, a fact that instantly makes one of your, already flawed, arguments erroneous. In fact, you have provided to evidence to back up your viewpoint: just outright lies and ill will. While you might not like the fact that people, like myself, modify games, it seems unfair to claim that "mods are a waste of time" when you clearly have personal reasons for hating them and the people who make them. Did a modder dumb you for being an asswhipe, or something like that? Why this irrational vendetta? What is your real goal behind all the bluster and bull****? Anywho, I would suggest you shut the **** up if you cannot back your claims, for you are currently making yourself look like an idiot.

Sincerely,

DN

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Man get your head out of your @$$. Most of the stuff IS on the cd they are just putting it in the right places in the game and working out the bugs. If you read there forum you would know that. Also it was not a real ending you NEED to fill in all the blanks, K2 has a lot left, this mod says they have a Real ending. They are also fixing the droid factory and show some respect to the guy's that are doing this FOR FREE and on their own free time.

Sees the flame bait, swims away......

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Obsidian is not restoring the cut information, so the mod is a useless addition to the game. I'm a Obsidian fan first. I like Obsidian's work. NWN2 and KotOR II are both quality RPGs. My theory is that if it is not on the cd, the information being restored is useless.

So, you narcissistic nooblet, you believe that Team Gizka should abandon its project because Obsidian isn't paying them to repair a flawed game? Do you really expect that you can come in here and **** all over Team Gizka, without good reason I might add, and not get flamed by intelligent beings, unlike yourself, who know that you are just as fallible as any other human? Evidently you do, and you are content to spew your "theories," however erroneous and conceived they may be, at everyone who actually wants to play a restored version of Kot0R II. Also, could you tell me, if you are so smart and omnipotent, why you did not do any research before posting your lies? For, as the word restoration suggests, most of the cut-content was already on the game disk, a fact that instantly makes one of your, already flawed, arguments erroneous. In fact, you have provided to evidence to back up your viewpoint: just outright lies and ill will. While you might not like the fact that people, like myself, modify games, it seems unfair to claim that "mods are a waste of time" when you clearly have personal reasons for hating them and the people who make them. Did a modder dumb you for being an asswhipe, or something like that? Why this irrational vendetta? What is your real goal behind all the bluster and bull****? Anywho, I would suggest you shut the **** up if you cannot back your claims, for you are currently making yourself look like an idiot.

Sincerely,

DN

Lol... Who is making a claim? I just gave an opinion. Wow. Obsessiveness is a sign of lonelyness and uncontrollable urges. Go find a girlfriend or something. The game belongs to Obsidian and Lucas Arts. Unplug for a while. Team-Gizka are just a bunch of fans who are upset about the game's ending. Whine, whine, whine. Get over it and grow up. The game is perfectly fine the way it is. Obsidian did the best job in which they could.

Edited by Force Slayer

Guys in all seriousness I'd let this drop now, before one of the mods comes along and starts kicking asses.

Slayer was passing on his opinion, I may not agree with it or even think it was worth posting, but he/she does have a right to express their opinion. If you don't agree thats fine, and if you want to disagree thats fine, but name calling each other isn't going to help anyone is it?

Tip; If someone writes a post that really angers you it is best not to reply there and then. I know from experience that its better to go away and calm down, and maybe think about what you want to say. You'll be less likely to anger them, less likey to say something you later realise you didn't mean to or shouldn't have said and far less likely to end up getting kicked in the ISP by the mods.

Edited by Darth Mortis

Lol... Who is making a claim? I just gave an opinion. Wow. Obsessiveness is a sign of lonelyness and uncontrollable urges. Go find a girlfriend or something. The game belongs to Obsidian and Lucas Arts. Unplug for a while. Team-Gizka are just a bunch of fans who are upset about the game's ending. Whine, whine, whine. Get over it and grow up. The game is perfectly fine the way it is. Obsidian did the best job in which they could.

Word to the wise...

First of all, welcome "an Obsidian fan first". It'd be nice if you'd join us on the other fora, most of us are fans here.

Second, if you do not have anything to add to the thread, do not like it's subject and yet continue to post, I wonder your motives. Surely it is you who has better things to do than to tell the folks here that they should "get over it". You could be "getting a girlfriend" or perhaps "reading a book", instead of being obstinate, mocking and needlessly puerile here. Srsly.

Thirdly, while it may not seem so to you, this project isn't formed of hate towards Obsidian nor is it composed of people that are intent on fixing something because Obsidian couldn't get it right. These people obviously love the game and want to share their vision of it with others. Projects like these are not unheard of and I admit that most often they fail rather than succeed, but it is not our job nor our share to tell it to the team. Please, "unplug for a while". If you don't like what they are doing, don't post. Easy, eh? I agree that Obsidian did the best job they could and if you ask me, you could just stop your "Whine whine whine".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Word to the wise...

First of all, welcome "an Obsidian fan first". It'd be nice if you'd join us on the other fora, most of us are fans here.

Second, if you do not have anything to add to the thread, do not like it's subject and yet continue to post, I wonder your motives. Surely it is you who has better things to do than to tell the folks here that they should "get over it". You could be "getting a girlfriend" or perhaps "reading a book", instead of being obstinate, mocking and needlessly puerile here. Srsly.

Thirdly, while it may not seem so to you, this project isn't formed of hate towards Obsidian nor is it composed of people that are intent on fixing something because Obsidian couldn't get it right. These people obviously love the game and want to share their vision of it with others. Projects like these are not unheard of and I admit that most often they fail rather than succeed, but it is not our job nor our share to tell it to the team. Please, "unplug for a while". If you don't like what they are doing, don't post. Easy, eh? I agree that Obsidian did the best job they could and if you ask me, you could just stop your "Whine whine whine".

This thread is open to the public. I have an opinion and I posted it. I'm keeping to the forum rules. I don't care if anyone agrees with me, but I'm not going to hold back my feelings. Team-Gizka is wasting their time. I found my way to their site, and all I saw was whinning. Obsidian did a great job on "The Sith Lords". Gizka should respect the work in which was done. What a wasted lifestyle.

I don't agree that modwork is wasted, since I've done it myself and everyone associated has been pleased. If enjoyment is the goal and it's achieved, then no time was "wasted". Neither I agree that Gizka is not respecting what was done. On the contrary, they're building on that base. Sure, some of them are disappointed that Obsidian didn't deliver in the way they expected(somewhat unjustly, I think), but they don't mean to disrespect. Considering this thread was stickied, twice if I recall, I think it's saying something.

Now then, you've said your piece and everyone disagrees. No rules have been broken, no hard feelings, and you can beat it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Honestly. There is baiting going on on both sides. All I see is ignorance from both parties...let me clarify two things for Mr. Slayer and then lets drop it. Okay?

Team-Gizka is wasting their time.

Most people outside the gaming industry would think that. So you are technically correct. But it's our life to waste and to us, it's not such a waste. Personally, I think playing tennis is a waste of time. Perspective, people...

Obsidian did a great job on "The Sith Lords". Gizka should respect the work in which was done. What a wasted lifestyle.

Agreed. They did do a great job on the game...and technically, by restoring what Obsidian was forced to cut, they are respecting Obsidian since it's their work and these things were things that were cut which is paying respect to the storyline that Obsidian devised. It makes their work, their script, the actors VO not go to waste. Make sense?

I think we can all post our opinions with out dissing other people. its not necissarily a rule but its common curtesy. but now for my opinion. i dont really have much against obsidian. But the game is super bugged up. anyone can tell you that. thats not really an opinion but a fact. there are bugs!!!! maybe they wanted it in the game but ran out of time??? its kind of the same as watching deleted features. its like an extension of the movie. since im always replaying the game digging for something i havnt done numerous times i think its great. I ALWAYS KNEW ATTON LOVED ME!! haha jk

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Honestly. There is baiting going on on both sides. All I see is ignorance from both parties...let me clarify two things for Mr. Slayer and then lets drop it. Okay?

Team-Gizka is wasting their time.

Most people outside the gaming industry would think that. So you are technically correct. But it's our life to waste and to us, it's not such a waste. Personally, I think playing tennis is a waste of time. Perspective, people...

Obsidian did a great job on "The Sith Lords". Gizka should respect the work in which was done. What a wasted lifestyle.

Agreed. They did do a great job on the game...and technically, by restoring what Obsidian was forced to cut, they are respecting Obsidian since it's their work and these things were things that were cut which is paying respect to the storyline that Obsidian devised. It makes their work, their script, the actors VO not go to waste. Make sense?

nicely explained

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Foce Slayer, do you have any idea how many game devlopers broke into the industry because a development studio noticed a high quality mod they did. I can think of 5 at Bioware, 1 at Obsidian, and 4 at Blizzard. I'm sure there are more. I doubt any of those individuals would say it was a waste of time. DLA and Ossian Studios were once a team of amatuer modders. Now they are both paid development teams. Now I'm not saying that is what Team Gizka is hoping for or even wants. But I am trying to politely point out that your assertion that modding is a "waste of time" is in error.

Besides, if you enjoy what you are doing, be it modding KOTOR2 or stirring up trouble on a forum, how could that be a waste?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So we are all immature freaks who have no romantic interests, or sex life for that matter, and live to complain about perfect games? Is that a fact? You think redundancy qualifies you to judge us, not to mention tell us about our own lives. I think that is just your pathetic attempt at dodging an accusation of you being an idiot. You know the type, the guy that says what he thinks is obvious and expects a pat on the back. You know it is said that in order to bring validity to your own argument you must first recognize the validity of your opponents'. You should give concessions, but you should also refute those concessions. You seem to be a master of conceding to me… In fact you agreed with just about everything I said. In turn, you proved my point. Way to go dumbass, you accomplished absolutely nothing, other than making my argument more valid. You are clearly in way over your head. You are fighting back only by trying to use what I have said against me, it is almost not worth continuing.

Sincerely,

DN

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...Team-Gizka is wasting their time. I found my way to their site, and all I saw was whinning. Obsidian did a great job on "The Sith Lords". Gizka should respect the work in which was done. What a wasted lifestyle.

Look, retard, I don't know why you want me to give you a proverbial raping in an online verbal argument. I can only deduce that you get a chubby every time I make a post so eloquent and insulting that you could never even dream of writing it up in your entire life. Do you get some sort of sick pleasure in me beating you senseless with words? Do you sit around rubbing yourself all day thinking of ways to piss me off so I will respond and bash your idiotic posts into the ground? What is it you are so proud of? You throw out the most terribly worded, contradicting and redundant flames I have seen and all of the sudden think you are the hot ****. I have news for you; you suck, have always sucked, and will always suck. I will continue to give you small meaningless flames, but until you actually prove yourself worthy of a grand response I will not give you one. If you think you are winning this pathetic excuse for a flame war you are delirious. You are just making yourself look dumber than you already looked. This little flame war can go on for as long as you like, but you will never win., and I have really no reason to engage myself in multisyllabic insults to combat you. You see, your capability to argue leaves you to look quite ignorant. You, indeed, do the work for me when trying to insult me.

Sincerely,

DN

-Hurlshot

i think we should ALL get off the computer, go outside and think about what you just said HAHHA i sound like my mother hahha

but really, lets not all sink to certain ppls level by saying bad things about eachother. be the bigger person!!! everyone just play nice!!!

(watch as i strategically switch to on topic ness :brows: )

sooo about those secret endings. i dont really know how to get them fromthat site. poor me and my x box game :(. but i didnt like the ending sooo