Its Not working anymore

My Kotor game finally doesn't want to work. I have tried everything to help i think. At first a long time ago it didn't work when i first had it but it finally kicked and worked nice with great graphics and everything 2yrs later it just doesn't work and don't know what to do.

One problem is the openGL but i don't know what to do about that if it was working

Please help

thanks

swinfo.txt

Edited by Masta Revan

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Can you be a little more specific about the "not working" part?

Could the disc just be fubared?

I'm also a little mystified why your video card isn't even showing a card name, let alone "Video Memory=0" - even if it's on-board/integrated video, shouldn't it show something in those two details? ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sounds like a video card issue, given the limited info: the cut-scenes need more juice than the title sequence and menu. How did it "stop working"? Does any other game (or significant GPU draw) work?

Also, this shouldn't be here ... either Skeeter's or KotOR2.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sounds like a video card issue, given the limited info: the cut-scenes need more juice than the title sequence and menu. How did it "stop working"? Does any other game (or significant GPU draw) work?

Also, this shouldn't be here ... either Skeeter's or KotOR2.

well i also decided to install some other games of mine and they didn't work either so i finally decided to just come here. games like: battle front 2 which "was" also working perfectly, and Battlefield 1942 just randomly doesn't work either. Yeah its pretty random and weird that none of my games all the sudden don't work. But last time i tried those games was before we formated the computer now months later after the format i decided to install the games so maybe something possibly happened in that time period that making the game stop working. But what could possibly go wrong with a graphics card when time goes by.......

Also what is a GPU draw.

thanks

What could go wrong is the drivers for the GPU: the software component that manages the graphics capabilities and is updated frequently.

A corrupt driver would result in your system not being able to identify the video card.

What is the card? What drivers have you installed for it? (For example, you could update the installed Windows DirectX driver to version 9.0c, if your video card can handle version 9.)

(My comment should have read "orf significant GPU draw", meaning an application that draws a lot of "graphical complexity". :thumbsup: )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

According to that, it's not detecting your video card. Reinstall its drivers?

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
	Card name: 
 Manufacturer: 
	Chip type: 
	 DAC type: 
   Device Key: Enum\
  Display Memory: n/a
 Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (1Hz)
	  Monitor: 
 Monitor Max Res: 
  Driver Name: vga.dll
  Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
  DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2004 07:00:00, 9344 bytes
  WHQL Logo'd: Yes
 WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
		  VDD: n/a
	 Mini VDD: vga.sys
Mini VDD Date: 8/4/2004 07:00:00, 20992 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B70EE0-4340-11CF-B063-282AAEC2C835}
	Vendor ID: 0x0000
	Device ID: 0x0000
	SubSys ID: 0x00000000
  Revision ID: 0x0000
  Revision ID: 0x0000
  Video Accel: 
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
	 Registry: OK
 DDraw Status: Not Available
   D3D Status: Not Available
   AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

The easiest option would be to find new drivers and installing them (which would effectively replace your current drivers).

If however you have the newest drivers, you can uninstall them via the windows control panel under "add/remove programs" - I would also recommend a driver cleaner program, since some drivers tend to have somthing against being deleted and needs some forceful encouragement.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well it turns out that I have all the newest stuff cause my computer said i have everything so i was just wondering would it be best if I just formated my computer? I also cleaned the drivers and didn't do much

thanks

so do you have any other suggestions. I have a PCI and im for sure and i went on the Gateway web site and everyhting i I tried to download it said you already have this do you want to rewrite and i thought there is no point of rewriting and its not going to make a difference if i do so i didn't.

so do you have any other suggestions. I have a PCI and im for sure and i went on the Gateway web site and everyhting i I tried to download it said you already have this do you want to rewrite and i thought there is no point of rewriting and its not going to make a difference if i do so i didn't.

there's a difference between downloading and installing drivers. you need to actually rerun the executable to reinstall the drivers.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 2 weeks later...

there's a difference between downloading and installing drivers. you need to actually rerun the executable to reinstall the drivers.

taks

Could his card be overheating or come loose?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.