Some game announcement in GFW July

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=814918...cUserId=5380367

July GFW coming soon! Yay!

Hi kids! Long time no blog. But, look, I've been really freakin' busy with the magazine, and I was on three (3!) podcasts this week for 1UP (GFW, Retronauts, and the new 1UP Yours coming later today...). BLAHBLAHBLAH LISTEN TO ME IM SO INTERRRESTING.

Anyhoo, the July issue of GFW is being printed now and will be in mailboxes shortly, and it is, if I may be so bold, and I think I may since this is my blog, a great one. The cover story is one of those OMG WORLD EXCLUSIVES WE SAW IT BEFORE YOU DID HAW HAW stories that magazines love to crow about even though the Internet is making all that irrelevant anyway.

I'm not allowed to tell you what it is yet, but will be posting the cover next Friday, jeebus willing. Suffice it to say it's the new game in one of PC gaming's oldest franchises--a series w/bazillions of fans. Ryan Scott wrote the story and did his usual kickass job, because Ryan KICKS ASS.

Game hype is one thing, but magazine hype? The world can't end soon enough.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's Starcraft 2!

Oh, wait....

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fallout 3?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

sounds likes solitaire is finally getting an update.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Game hype is one thing, but magazine hype?"

Magazines have always been about hype. Always.

Anyways, it's BIO's BG3 for DS.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Game hype is one thing, but magazine hype?"

Magazines have always been about hype. Always.

Anyways, it's BIO's BG3 for DS.

R00fles!

They're bloody hyping the magazine that's going to hype a game. It's twofold! Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

GFW CGW can hype whatever they want. They are the oldest gaming magazine in publication and the only one that doesn't read like it was written by a High School journalism staff.

Fixed that. The switch to GFW brought crappiness to it, and my subscription that ends in a few months (after many years of loyal CGW reading) will not be re-newed.

GFW CGW can hype whatever they want. They are the oldest gaming magazine in publication and the only one that doesn't read like it was written by a High School journalism staff.

Fixed that. The switch to GFW brought crappiness to it, and my subscription that ends in a few months (after many years of loyal CGW reading) will not be re-newed.

Other than the 8 page Microsoft add, I've yet to see any difference. The quality of writing remains the same, so I'll keep subscribing. I've been reading CGW for about 15 years, so I was hesitant too, but I've come to see it as a positive. It's pretty huge that they have Microsoft backing them. It's much better than losing the magazine altogether, which was a real danger.

In the thread at QT3, Green later implied that it wasn't something all that exciting.

Huh. I really do forget that some people outside my mom read my blog. So somebody guessed right on this thread. The answer lies within. And I wouldn't even be cagey about it (cuz honestly it's not the kind of OMFG news that warrants such behavior) if the publisher making it would just freakin' announce it already. And BTW a great many of the guesses here are things I would *totally* love to see.....but the truth is a bit more mundane....

Honestly, the main point of that blog post was just to plug James Mielke's 8 page StarCraft 2 story in the July issue. :rolleyes:

That makes me doubt it's something like the eventual X-Com announcement.

CGW was the only game mag I subscribed to--for years, I read it cover to cover and so did my kids. Good stuff--if they didn't like a game, they told you why in a way that didn't insult your intelligence ... and they were usually right. Staff changes a couple of years ago brought that to an end, as far as I'm concerned. It's just as well they changed the name; the whole tone of the mag changed, and not for the better. I too told them to stuff it.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/sh...ead.php?t=35935

The Ultima News

Since I teased everyone with this in the GFW thread, since I thought Jeff might be referring to it, here's some more information:

EA has been trying to relaunch the Ultima series as a non-MMO. Garriott is not involved, obviously, since he's at NCSoft. EA doesn't have an internal team to develop an RPG, so they were shopping around to the major RPG development houses (you know who they are). A deal was very close with one of the developers, but it died at the paper stage. EA officially denies comment.

So it was probably unrealistic to expect it to be the GFW announcement (x-com?), since I don't think the project has progressed far enough (although the deal that fell apart was last Fall), and don't know if a developer is actively working on the project yet. Still, it's good news that EA is at least interested in getting a single player (or non-MMO multiplayer) Ultima game going again, since I think it's one of gaming's best franchises.

Not the Trials of Avatar. It wasn't about being "good", but virtuous.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ultima is painfully outdated. It's all about Evil vs. Good lameness. Man, even Bioware has now gone past that.

They have? Bioware, I mean.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: