An act genorusity or publicity

George's genorosity or publicity stunt  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Did George give free public use of the Star Wars films out of Genorosity or for publisity?

• an act of generosity
    • an act for publisty

I just found out on the ABC 5 o'clock news that George will allow public accsess to clips from the Star Wars films. the film clips will be avalible on starwars.com.

I think George is doing this as a way to keep fans intrested in starwars a little while longer before he introduces an adition to the star wars universe.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

if lucas does it its for publicity

will these clips be downloadable?

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

if lucas does it its for publicity

will these clips be downloadable?

The anchor said that the clips will be avalible for download at starwars.com, but she didn't specify when.

Are they the entire films?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Are they the entire films?

No just clips from the movies not the entire movie.

I suppose if you don't already have them on DVD, it might be cool, but otherwise ... ?

Are they stuff that isn't on the DVD's?

Anyway ... publicity, definitely.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I suppose if you don't already have them on DVD, it might be cool, but otherwise ... ?

Are they stuff that isn't on the DVD's?

Anyway ... publicity, definitely.

the report didn't specify any thing but video clips available for download. The clips could be useful in personal movie making. People could make parodies of the films by replacing the clips dialog with joke dialog.

Public access to downloads of clips doesn't neccesarily mean permission to use them in your own movie.

But I'd have to read the website fine print or something, and I probably won't bother. :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

George Lucas... Generous?

That is like saying covalent bonds are weak.

LOL :o

Back to the clips now. I forgot to say that the report did mention that the clips could be freely used such as spliced with other footage, or put on Youtube. Sorry people. :blush10:

Edited by ghosta

Ah. So that's the 'difference' in making them available, then; not content, but permissions.

He should have a contest?

George Lucas... Generous?

LOL :thumbsup:

Back to the clips now. I forgot to say that the report did mention that the clips could be freely used such as spliced with other footage, or put on Youtube. Sorry people. :blush10:

Ah, a fellow chemist.

God bless you.

Well, they are compared to strong nuclear interactions (up above mass-energies of 1TeV, and below mass-energies of 10^15GeV, where strong and electroweak are Grandly Unified). :x

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i just hope he makes eppisode 7,8,9 like he promised when he released num.4 , he said there would be three trilogies :]

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

My brain fizzled out at your response, meta.

Simply commenting on the currently held hypothesis that all the interactions (once called forces, now that is out of favour) appear to unify at higher energy states. "Giving" energy (and remember from Einstein's famous equation E=mc

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, they are compared to strong nuclear interactions (up above mass-energies of 1TeV, and below mass-energies of 10^15GeV, where strong and electroweak are Grandly Unified). :)

Yes, but then I was only merely comparing them to Metallic and Ionic bonds, and they arent man made bonds :ermm:

Meta, if your so damn smart how come you, of all people, can't stay on topic :lol:

Because this topic is boring, and no power in the 'Verse can change that. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, the relative power of the interactions at mass-energies below 100GeV (10^11eV), say at or near 1GeV, are:

[*]EM = 1/137 (for those of you interested, it is the inverse square law applied to surface of a sphere radiating from a given point)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The reason that gravity dominates the interaction between an apple and the Earth is that they are both electrically neutral, to a very high accuracy. In order for the electric force of repulsion between an apple and the Earth to be similar* to the gravitational force of attraction between them, only one atom in every 10^20 would have to lose an electron. We owe the downwards fall of the apple to the fact that matter is electrically neutral to an accuracy far better than 1 part in 10^20.

* Electric forces can be attractive or repulsive because objects can possess either positive or negative electric charge, and like charges repel whilst unlike charges attract. Gravitational forces are always attractive -- there is no such thing as a repulsive gravitational force.** The reason for this is that mass only comes in one form -- 'negative mass' and 'antigravity' remain in the realm of science fiction.

** Negative gravity is not a new idea. Albert Einstein himself first suggested the idea when he developed his general theory of relativity in 1915. Having derived the equations that describe the overall behaviour of the universe, Einstein was concerned that his equations did not allow a static universe to exist. According to the equations of general relativity, the universe has to be either expanding or contracting. At the time there was no evidence that the universe was anything but static, so Einstein introduced an extra term into his equations which he called Λ (capital Greek letter Lambda) -- the so called cosmological constant. This took the form of a sort of negative gravity and was assumed to be just strong enough to counteract the pull of gravity and so result in a static universe. When, a few years later, Edwin Hubble announced his evidence that the universe is in fact expanding and not static at all, Einstein is said to have commented that the introduction of the cosmological constant was the biggest blunder of his life. However, in the light of Type Ia Supernovae results, maybe Einstein was on the right track after all ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest The Architect

Hey! You copy and pasted all that information from my scholarly, complex, scientific thesis

Edited by The Architect

If you don’t mind me asking, precisely how many books have you read and comprehended during your life? Because it’s you, I expect you to know exactly how many. ;)

I have read approximately 1.428571% of non-fiction (more being published every minute). I have comprehended 100% of those.

Also the later stuff is easier to understand than the earlier posting.

Also: electron volt = 1 joule per coulomb (or 1 eV = 1.602 176 53

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT