Court upholds death sentence for child rape

Guard Dog

2: The Jury are in a separate booth outside the courtroom. They get all the information pertinent to the case but they do not have access of the identity of the accused or the accusers. This way they won't be biased by names, race, famous faces, or religion.

terrible idea. witness reactions to questions/comments are crucial to jury members' ability to discern truth from lie. most people don't lie well, and it is often easy to tell from their facial expressions, body language, etc.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

taks, out of interest how many first class con men have you run into? I've run into a fair few. I'm not sure what I'm driving at tho.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

2: The Jury are in a separate booth outside the courtroom. They get all the information pertinent to the case but they do not have access of the identity of the accused or the accusers. This way they won't be biased by names, race, famous faces, or religion.

terrible idea. witness reactions to questions/comments are crucial to jury members' ability to discern truth from lie. most people don't lie well, and it is often easy to tell from their facial expressions, body language, etc.

taks

Possibly, but the jury may also be biased if the accused or the accuser is famous and widely known.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

taks, out of interest how many first class con men have you run into? I've run into a fair few. I'm not sure what I'm driving at tho.

often was the word i used, not always.

taks

That may be so, but it doesn't make a fair and unbiased trial.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

so you make a trial biased for 99.9% of the population based on the 0.1% that are famous or live life as grifters? people toss around the concepts of bias and fair so often they fail to realize that there is no such thing as "completely unbiased" or "fair for everybody." societal laws and practices are meant to cover the majority of circumstances, not all. the tighter you close the system, the easier it is to find loopholes which result in completely undesirable results.

sometimes your logic defies, sand. :unsure:

taks

That is why you eliminate loopholes. By force if necessary.

DIE LOOPHOLE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

so you make a trial biased for 99.9% of the population based on the 0.1% that are famous or live life as grifters? people toss around the concepts of bias and fair so often they fail to realize that there is no such thing as "completely unbiased" or "fair for everybody." societal laws and practices are meant to cover the majority of circumstances, not all. the tighter you close the system, the easier it is to find loopholes which result in completely undesirable results.

sometimes your logic defies, sand. :unsure:

taks

JH

IB1OsQq.png

That is why you eliminate loopholes. By force if necessary.

DIE LOOPHOLE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sando, quit shooting the loophole. You're just making it worse.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.