Court upholds death sentence for child rape

Guard Dog

"Leave the rapist's fate into the hands of the victim's family.

Let them decide what to do with the bastards.

Slavery, torture, death, whatever. They all deserve it."

Worst. idea. ever.

Why? "Rehabilitation"? Thats politically correctness crap.

If a man rapes my daugther, I want the right to kill him.

Don't you have the right, in some or all States to kill someone who breaks into your home?

So why not your kid's rapist?

Is property more valuable then life in the US?

Oh yeah I forgot. It is.

:shifty:

Edited by astr0creep

To me, The victim family has the right to do what they please with the rapist.

Personally, I would happily see the mother****er to be tortured and painfully killed. For all that they inflict on the child, they inturn recieve. For Each child, that how many times the pain they will recieve.

I've been thinking about this pain and retribution thing. It seems to be very popular. Indeed I support it myself to the extent that it may be justified. However, that doesn't make it RIGHT.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Dang, do we have to do the RIGHT thing, AGAIN? =]

Oh OK, just this once we don't have to. Shall we dance?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been thinking about this pain and retribution thing. It seems to be very popular. Indeed I support it myself to the extent that it may be justified. However, that doesn't make it RIGHT.

I believe that in the case of repeating sexual offenders, especially when children are the victim, doing the wrong thing is letting a rapist go through the normal justice channels and letting him out after 6 months of jail time because of various loopholes and "agreements" between lawyers. It happens here all the time. Criminals usually serve a third of their sentence minus the time they already spent in jail awaiting trial minus the freedom bonus they get for an admition of guilt. From 6-10 years they get a few months.

And it doesn't mean the victim's family will torture and kill a rapist. Many simply forgive, after a period of "mourning". The point is that the victim and its family should have the right to decide the fate of the perpetrator in such a personal crime.

We just need to get rid of the parole system. Every sentence needs to be without parole.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

In the case of pedo's there isn't a cure. There's only medication that will surpress the urgers, IE chemical castration. If we, the public, have to trust someone who did this to just take his meds for the rest of existance I personally think thats an awfull stretch.

Seeing as there is no cure, only treatment I'd fry the sucker. If it was proven without a doubt that he had done it. I would not want to risk my own children on some alter of ethics and false hope.

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

I am in favor of the death penalty.

I believe that individuals who kill other individuals "in cold blood" should be made to face the fate they inflicted on another.

As for whether or not rapists, child or otherwise, should be sentenced to death, I do not beleive so. However in every case except perhaps under the influence of mind altering drugs, I believe rapists should be sentanced to life in prison without parole. Castration or some other form of esoteric punishment would not be be an effective solution in my opinion. Because rape is, as I understand it from my limited knowledge, a power trip more than anything else. As such the offender would probably seek another outlet for his/her issues.

I hope that made sense, I am not the most eloquent of people. On of the reasons for my low post count.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I am in favor of the death penalty.

I believe that individuals who kill other individuals "in cold blood" should be made to face the fate they inflicted on another.

As for whether or not rapists, child or otherwise, should be sentenced to death, I do not beleive so. However in every case except perhaps under the influence of mind altering drugs, I believe rapists should be sentanced to life in prison without parole. Castration or some other form of esoteric punishment would not be be an effective solution in my opinion. Because rape is, as I understand it from my limited knowledge, a power trip more than anything else. As such the offender would probably seek another outlet for his/her issues.

I hope that made sense, I am not the most eloquent of people. On of the reasons for my low post count.

SEX vs VIOLENCE

More than eloquent, in my opinion. You are quite correct that rape, and particular these kind of rapes are a question of sadism and power more than sexuality. Indeed one of the 'career paths' into violent sexual assault is experience of sexual inadequacy. However the concept of removing the tools from the offender is logical. It's just that if you conceive of the exercise as violent then you're talking about removing quite a lot.

DIFFICULTY OF PROOF

As I said before the concept of punishing the true offender and preventing recidivism is one I wholly support. Even to the extent of supporting execution. However I think that rape, and especially child rape, is an area which our courts are currently unable to rule on with sufficient certainty.

PAROLE

As for parole I think that this is an important and tricky issue. I've spoken to prison officers in Northern Ireland, and they said that parole was an essential method of controlling the population without extreme violence. You need to offer incentives for good behaviour. On the other hand my cetral concept of prison is that it protects the public from repeat offences for the duration of incarceration. Cutting sentences, particularly to a handful of months, makes a mockery of the entire system.

A further point is that the system often complains that it is over-burdened with inmates, and it is obliged to let people go before time. Obviously this argument carries some weight. However, it is my belief that we would have plenty of space if we tackled the issue of drugs and drug addiction more effectively. Decriminilisation, as I've said before, would free up massive space in the system.

-Elwood Blues

So you kill the man who raped your daughter, but what if it is later revealed he was innocent? Does his family have the right to end the life of their sons killer?

This system you propose is completely and utterly moronic.

Overpopulation is a most serious and personal crime that mankind has committed against the planet, and as a child of mother earth I feel I must be given the right to kill you all. You know it's the proper thing to do, anything else would just be bowing to political correctness.

When you are discussing the death penalty, a single case chosen for its specific emotional appeal means nothing whatsoever. Do not depart from the big picture. Excluding war and euthenasia, killing should always, always, be regarded as taboo which once passed carries extreme circumstances for the perpetrators, thats exactly why we can't have society doing it. It breeds disrespect for life, and violence.

As for the pedophiles, send them off to a deserted island or something. Murder, however, should not be in the purview of society.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Overpopulation is a most serious and personal crime that mankind has committed against the planet, and as a child of mother earth I feel I must be given the right to kill you all. You know it's the proper thing to do, anything else would just be bowing to political correctness.

I for one welcome the representative of our abusive 'mother'. Mother nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit just because she's losing?

-Elwood Blues

The very notion of a distinction between and 'artificial' and 'natural' world is ludicrous. Man is part of nature, and so are highrise buildings, landfills and stationcars.

I did make that distinction, but you make a good point. Is an anthill artificial?

-Elwood Blues

When you are discussing the death penalty, a single case chosen for its specific emotional appeal means nothing whatsoever. Do not depart from the big picture. Excluding war and euthenasia, killing should always, always, be regarded as taboo which once passed carries extreme circumstances for the perpetrators, thats exactly why we can't have society doing it. It breeds disrespect for life, and violence.

As for the pedophiles, send them off to a deserted island or something. Murder, however, should not be in the purview of society.

I would abandon my support for capital punishment if:

1. The US were to adopt a truth in sentencing policy and abolish the concept of parole and early release
  2. Murders, rapists, and other violent felons were confined in supermax facitlites with no cable TV, gyms, or other amenities the poorer people cannot afford

Super violent offenders should not be rewarded for their crimes with color television and air conditioned comfort. As for other lesser offenders I would be in favor of concentrating more on rehabilitation.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So you kill the man who raped your daughter, but what if it is later revealed he was innocent? Does his family have the right to end the life of their sons killer?

This system you propose is completely and utterly moronic.

Only because the current justice system doesn't work.

Besides, I didn't propose any "system". This would imply details regarding the law, sentences, investigations, etc. I barely propose a poll.

If the court makes a mistake and gives me the right to do whatever I want with my daughter's allegded rapist and it turns out he's innocent(which would mean my daughter lied, no?) I would assume the man's parents could not have the same right. Maybe they could kill the Judge or the lawyers?

If law makers and enforcers were accountable for such mistakes our justice system would work perfectly.

If the court makes a mistake and gives me the right to do whatever I want with my daughter's allegded rapist and it turns out he's innocent(which would mean my daughter lied, no?)

Not necessarily. Perhaps she was mistaken, perhaps someone else entirely wanted to frame him, perhaps a mistake was made somewhere in the process.

I would assume the man's parents could not have the same right. Maybe they could kill the Judge or the lawyers?

Why would they want to kill the judges or lawyers, when you are the one who sentenced him to death? You could have chosen a lesser punishment, but you chose to believe the justice system got it right.

If law makers and enforcers were accountable for such mistakes our justice system would work perfectly.

By giving the victim or victims family the right to do what they wish, you are making them a part of the justice system. By deciding how this man should be punished, you have made yourself a part of the system and as such you must be held accountable for the decisions you make. Which means his family gets to kill you, if they wish.

It's a badalganza!

-Elwood Blues